• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OlvisIII

Coach
I am a football fan, which means eternal optimism flows through my veins, but everyone is already down about the season before it has really begun. This is going to be a good season for the following reasons:

1. This is the best squad of players we have put together since Ronnie Whelan sold our team of winners and replaced them with Neilson and Boere.

2. Cheltenham and Rochdale aside we have dominated every game that we have played. We have been genuinely good in all these games. If we'd held our nerve against Rovers, Bentley's shot hadn't hit Gray against Cambridge, if the Linesman had been watching against Wycombe, if justice had prevailed against the Hammers.... all ifs but we have not been blessed with any luck.

3. Despite a relatively poor points start to the season we are only seven points off the playoffs and nine off top. Four or five wins on the bounce or an unbeaten run will see us right back in the mix.

4. We are beginning to knock the ball around the best we have for years and look the business going forward. A couple more goals from our strikers, Bentley chipping in and Gower to finally find form - the Blues will romp towards the dizzy heights of Divison 2.

Keep the faith boys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Sep. 15 2004,16:47)]I am a football fan, which means eternal optimism flows through my veins, but everyone is already down about the season before it has really begun.  This is going to be a good season for the following reasons:

1.  This is the best squad of players we have put together since Ronnie Whelan sold our team of winners and replaced them with Neilson and Boere.

2.  Cheltenham and Rochdale aside we have dominated every game that we have played.  We have been genuinely good in all these games.  If we'd held our nerve against Rovers, Bentley's shot hadn't hit Gray against Cambridge, if the Linesman had been watching against Wycombe, if justice had prevailed against the Hammers.... all ifs but we have not been blessed with any luck.

3.  Despite a relatively poor points start to the season we are only seven points off the playoffs and nine off top.  Four or five wins on the bounce or an unbeaten run will see us right back in the mix.

4.  We are beginning to knock the ball around the best we have for years and look the business going forward.  A couple more goals from our strikers, Bentley chipping in and Gower to finally find form - the Blues will romp towards the dizzy heights of Divison 2.

Keep the faith boys.
My friend, I so hope you are right and I salute you for your optimism!

smile.gif

I thought John Neilson was a decent player but i am with you in everything else.

Tilson will get things right for us and i fancy us for a late surge into the play offs come the end of the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Sep. 15 2004,17:21)]I thought John Neilson was a decent player but i am with you in everything else.

Tilson will get things right for us and i fancy us for a late surge into the play offs come the end of the season.
... So do I!

I prefer to look at each loss as just ONE GAME... not a trend for the rest of the season! before the Wycombe game, there was nothing but optimism [barring one or two "single minded" exceptions!] on here, but we have to accept the rough with the smooth and stay positive!.

cool.gif

Back