• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No need for it.................

Sean 2

Director
When Kev moans to the ref he puts pressure on himself.Then when he puts in a decent challenge his opponent will go down like a sack of rice pudding.Other teams at this level know when a player has berated the ref,and will look to highlight the case as soon as possible.The idea is to put a vision of 'he's lost it,and is rampaging round the pitch trying to extract revenge' into the ref's thought process.

I hate to generalise,but we're too naive at this level by far.If Maher had gone down clutching his ankle after getting clipped initially it would have sown the seed of doubt about off the ball malarky in Duguid.Feign injury?OF COURSE! - although Kev's ankle may well be sore for all we know.

If Kev was seething about the situation then it's no good having a face off.All that attention on him won't get the required effect.A little word in his ear,telling him he'll be out of the game for a few months is as i've found a much better idea.

When the ball next arrives at Duguid he will be extremely wary.Kev,don't make that tackle,let him have the ball.Secondly,speak to one of your team mates to sort out a bad tackle on him.He won't be expecting it,won't get a chance to dive and ride the challenge and Kev will be standing over him trying to help him up,whilst telling Dugoid that if he f£$ks with him there's a price to pay.

Extreme, you're all thinking?Nah, just the way the "game" is played at this level.The rewards are huge staying/going up in the Championship and we need to realise this because our honesty is too much like league two standard.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 27 2006,14:59)]Post of the day so far!
Thanks glasgow,difference between cheating and playing the system.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 27 2006,15:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 27 2006,14:59)]Post of the day so far!
Thanks glasgow,difference between cheating and playing the system.
cool.gif
Another reason why I mantain we need to bolster the coaching staff.

Wonder if Steve Stone's done his coaching badges. I get the impression he'd be able to fine-tune how we "play the system"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp and two veg @ Nov. 27 2006,14:57)]When Kev moans to the ref he puts pressure on himself.Then when he puts in a decent challenge his opponent will go down like a sack of rice pudding.Other teams at this level know when a player has berated the ref,and will look to highlight the case as soon as possible.The idea is to put a vision of 'he's lost it,and is rampaging round the pitch trying to extract revenge' into the ref's thought process.

I hate to generalise,but we're too naive at this level by far.If Maher had gone down clutching his ankle after getting clipped initially it would have sown the seed of doubt about off the ball malarky in Duguid.Feign injury?OF COURSE! - although Kev's ankle may well be sore for all we know.

If Kev was seething about the situation then it's no good having a face off.All that attention on him won't get the required effect.A little word in his ear,telling him he'll be out of the game for a few months is as  i've found a much better idea.

When the ball next arrives at Duguid he will be extremely wary.Kev,don't make that tackle,let him have the ball.Secondly,speak to one of your team mates to sort out a bad tackle on him.He won't be expecting it,won't get a chance to dive and ride the challenge and Kev will be standing over him trying to help him up,whilst telling Dugoid that if he f£$ks with him there's a price to pay.

Extreme, you're all thinking?Nah, just the way the "game" is played at this level.The rewards are huge staying/going up in the Championship and we need to realise this because our honesty is too much like league two standard.
My thoughts entirely, we used to do it at Sunday League level, they should do the same.

Quite pathetic his best mate, Gower, stepped in the way he did.

I can't get over how naive we have been. The gamesmanship has been amazing.

Gower should be made to wash the kit till Xmas for thinking and acting like a schoolboy.

Love him and all that,but the red mist is too easily shrouded over his eyes.

Back