• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
I have been back and forth with the club last week or so over this issue and it looks nailed on the we will not be having the North Bank for the Gillingham game, all North Bank season ticket holders will be getting this letter, however I have told the club I will stick a copy of it on here for pay on the day fans who for obvious reasons the club wont have their address...

Southend United v Gillingham
1st January 2013
Kick Off 1pm

Dear

Firstly we would like to thank you for your continued support of the Blues which is much appreciated by everyone at the Club.

As a season card holder in the North Bank you will be aware that when the occasion arises there might be the necessity to use additional sections of the stand for visiting supporters as stated in the rules and regulations of the Football League as quoted below

Facilities for visiting supporters

Rule 34.2.1
Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

In regards Roots Hall this means we have to provide, if required, 1,200 seats for visiting supporters.

The way the stadium is configured if Gillingham Football Club require 929 tickets, or below, for this match then we will be able to make part of the North Bank available, however should they require more than this then we will have to provide them with the whole of the North Bank on grounds of safety and in compliance with the regulations.

Obviously at this point they are unable to inform us if that number will be exceeded but it is essential that should this occur we are able to accommodate you in an appropriate seat. Therefore, please can you contact the Box Office to reserve a seat in another part of the ground so that you are not disappointed should we have to relocate you. This of course will be complimentary and will only be issued should the need arise. Obviously if Gillingham fail to sell over the 929 seats sent to them, a smaller initial allocation has been sent, you will be able to remain in the North Bank.

We will of course let you know one way or the other as soon as we have the confirmation and in any event we will announce by Sunday 30th December.

We thank you in advance for your understanding of the situation and for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely

In essence I cant see Gillingham not wanting all of their allocation so it looks like we will be back in W Block and we will just have to sing our hearts out in there - we did well last night in W and showed some great unity. There is still a chance of the North but don't get your hopes up!

HOWEVER....

I have been speaking with the club for over 2 months now about a long term solution to the North stand issue this would essentially look at swapping sides with the away support and them having the north west corner and a couple of blocks in the north itself, problem is this all costs money but I have told the club that TBV will stand by if needs be to help raise the funds for the change! This will mean that whoever we play be it Bromsgrove Rovers or Manchester United WE WILL HAVE THE NORTH BANK WHATEVER!! for league and cups! But this takes time so please bear with us and acknowledge the hard work from Dave Jobson on this and Steve Kavanagh

so basically if they sell over 929 for this game, we will not be going in the north?

Cant we have the corner section (ie) the yellow seats to the side of the wall.

I personally can't see them bringing a 1000 to a 1 pm kick off on new years day to a ground were they have probably been 10 times before. If the game was at there place we wouldn't take a 1000?? No. As were all sick to death of visiting that awful awful place.

Do you remember when we split the north with them a few years back on good Friday were we lost 1-0 to a tommy black goal, they bought 600 max

I personally can't see them bringing a 1000 to a 1 pm kick off on new years day to a ground were they have probably been 10 times before. If the game was at there place we wouldn't take a 1000?? No. As were all sick to death of visiting that awful awful place.

Do you remember when we split the north with them a few years back on good Friday were we lost 1-0 to a tommy black goal, they bought 600 max

Gillingham have played at Roots Hall 28 times before. The first one was Boxing Day '55 and the return match at Gillingham was played the following day.

That match was 7 years ago. Mitchell Cole came on as sub.

Didnt they pretty much fill the North Bank the year they beat us 1-0 at the end of the season we got promoted ?

I would have though that pushing for promotion they will bring quite a few new years day.

Next season give away fans the South Stand. Its got to happen.

Logistics aside South lower certainly would be the best place as its the worst view in the ground.

Obviously you have the issues of access/segregation and needing to move the family enclosure to do so.

My first ever Southend game that one :thumbsup:

I fully understand there are lots of issues to consider in relocating the away fans on a permanent basis - cost and safety being the main ones.
But IMO this should be one of the priorities.
There can't be many sides who move their 'main vocal home end' to accomodate away support.
Granted this is only done for the big games where the opponents have a large following , but these are also the type of games where SUFC need it's main vocal support in the right area.

Logistics aside South lower certainly would be the best place as its the worst view in the ground.

Obviously you have the issues of access/segregation and needing to move the family enclosure to do so.

Supporting the view that away supporters should be given the worst view in the ground means that those loyal supporters who travel to most or all of the away games are condemned to watching half of their season's football from the worst seats in the house. Do as you would be done by and embrace the ethic of reciprocity.

Could anyone give us an approximate cost of the change to give us the north bank. If its very much I have to wonder if its money well spent or wasted given the limited amount of time we will have at RH.

Cant see the south lower being given. Logistically it would be a problem for the club. You need to separate home and away fans sensibly, even more so if we get promoted and are entertaining the likes of Col U and Orient next season. I would agree with the possibility of having the area of the north bank where away fans are currently house and shifting them to the blocks where we stand at the mo, including the corner if ticket demand neccessitates it. The only problem is the lack of catering facilities for fans at that end. We use the west stand facilities at the mo, obviously this would not be an option for the club. So I can see why the costs may make a long term move to the North difficult.

Supporting the view that away supporters should be given the worst view in the ground means that those loyal supporters who travel to most or all of the away games are condemned to watching half of their season's football from the worst seats in the house. Do as you would be done by and embrace the ethic of reciprocity.

Id rather we looked after the majority of our own fans.....

At least the South lower has a roof which is more than some offer

Back