• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There was a discussion about the North v Gillingham last night which I will NOT post here but suffice to say that the club will do it's best to ensure we have some presence in the North for that game. PM me if you want more details.

However, if anyone had any doubts about the impact the crowd has they should have been there last night. Both PS and SK lauded the home support from the North and said it was absolutely crucial we kept it if we could... it makes such a difference. Also, it drowns out the idiotic abuse from some which otherwise could be heard everywhere and makes players - who, bear in mind, are little more than kids (some of them) nervous and apprehensive.

Bang on mate

The North was entertained because I made it happen and be under no illusion! I am not being big headed they are the facts and I have plenty of proof to back that up

Sorry Scott you have mis understood my comment, your idea was entertained because there was the room to allow it to happen, Your efforts made it happen, but if opponents in this division were bringing more than three men and a dog no amount of hard work would have made it possible

Sorry Scott you have mis understood my comment, your idea was entertained because there was the room to allow it to happen, Your efforts made it happen, but if opponents in this division were bringing more than three men and a dog no amount of hard work would have made it possible

for sure the situation helped but the club at the time were crying out to improve atmosphere

There was a discussion about the North v Gillingham last night which I will NOT post here but suffice to say that the club will do it's best to ensure we have some presence in the North for that game. PM me if you want more details.

However, if anyone had any doubts about the impact the crowd has they should have been there last night. Both PS and SK lauded the home support from the North and said it was absolutely crucial we kept it if we could... it makes such a difference. Also, it drowns out the idiotic abuse from some which otherwise could be heard everywhere and makes players - who, bear in mind, are little more than kids (some of them) nervous and apprehensive.

Therfore following the above logic the costs of £10-£18000 is a complete bargain. If we simply can not raise the cash that is one thing, but if we can we should spend it

• Manager says the Noise from the Norh Bank a huge difference to the team
  • A huge difference to the team = playing better
  • Playing better= winning more games
  • Winning more games= bigger crowds= more cash inflow
  • Winning games= promotion = bigger crow= see above

I don't beleive that north bank =promotion , but think back at how close we were last year , I bet there must have been one draw where a vocal precence in the North might have given us that extra few percent to ahve scrapped a win and been promoted.

If Sturrock says its crucial then thats good enough for me- and it should be good enough for everyone

Therfore following the above logic the costs of £10-£18000 is a complete bargain. If we simply can not raise the cash that is one thing, but if we can we should spend it

• Manager says the Noise from the Norh Bank a huge difference to the team
  • A huge difference to the team = playing better
  • Playing better= winning more games
  • Winning more games= bigger crowds= more cash inflow
  • Winning games= promotion = bigger crow= see above

I don't beleive that north bank =promotion , but think back at how close we were last year , I bet there must have been one draw where a vocal precence in the North might have given us that extra few percent to ahve scrapped a win and been promoted.

If Sturrock says its crucial then thats good enough for me- and it should be good enough for everyone

Sturrock seems to have said that the support is crucial, not where it comes from. and we are talking about one or two games a season where the NB will not be used.
If the level of support generated by TBV when in the North can't be replicated for a big match in W block , it does beg the question why (note I said level of support not the volume of noise I know the accoustics are a bit better)

Always fancied sitting in the North and might try it for the Bradford game. I am a shy person though so don't want to annoy others lol.

Sturrock seems to have said that the support is crucial, not where it comes from. and we are talking about one or two games a season where the NB will not be used.
If the level of support generated by TBV when in the North can't be replicated for a big match in W block , it does beg the question why (note I said level of support not the volume of noise I know the accoustics are a bit better)

The level of support was there in the jpt against brentford, but you just cant hear it. The north also creates a better atmosphere as there is more banter by being so close to away fans.

It must be kept even if 800odd away fans go in the north and a few hundred in the east blue when required.

The North was entertained because I made it happen and be under no illusion! I am not being big headed they are the facts and I have plenty of proof to back that up

Wow. Really?

Talk about blow your own trumpet.

well done Scott. Top man.

I can understand the safety certificate issue. In a normal game the North generates addition atmosphere. Where the away fans pack the end out and sing that normally generates a decent response. I think it's great that fans are allowed back in for most games and the club has been accommodating. Let's not blow 2-3 games a season out of proportion.

Can we afford an alternative solution until FF? Hmmmm. Certainly not the South or West. East Blues ?

Could we not have a 'family section' for away fans in the East Blues? Hopefully they could be trusted to use the same turnstiles/facilities and would reduce the away numbers in the North?

Back