• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Few kids yes but also few older heads in there too so your demographic is far from bang on

Also do you really think I give a **** what you think or any other Southend supporter of me?

The atmosphere will be my judge not you and if it means I have to look an idiot to get the crowd going so ****ing be it

Top man TB :thumbsup:

Quite a number of 40+ in there every match as well:winking:

Some even 60+. Got to be honest my voice is shot to bits but I am now a season ticket holder in the north bank and renewed for next season and if nothing else I add another body to the North bank crowd. Its not just about kids, the North bank is for everybody and frankly with dire performances sitting in some areas would drive me to sucide. The North Bank is about standing and atmosphere and I persomally would encourage anybody of any age to come enjoy it in whatever way you want to.

DoDtS

Some even 60+. Got to be honest my voice is shot to bits but I am now a season ticket holder in the north bank and renewed for next season and if nothing else I add another body to the North bank crowd. Its not just about kids, the North bank is for everybody and frankly with dire performances sitting in some areas would drive me to sucide. The North Bank is about standing and atmosphere and I persomally would encourage anybody of any age to come enjoy it in whatever way you want to.

DoDtS

Totally agree.
I alternate between the East and the North with my son ( who is one of the excitable 14 year olds ).
The North is by far the best place in the ground for atmosphere ( and I am over 50 ).
Trouble for me is that he would rather I didn't go in there with him ( the embarassment factor I guess ) , so I give him a bit of freedom to 'show off' on his own with his mates from time to time , while I sit with the doom and gloom brigade.:winking:

Well done u must love Southend so much by not watching their performance with your top off facing the crowd of 14 year olds. Your my hero

I for one is 46 years old, and stands in the North Bank, To say the North bank is full of 14 year olds is a pathetic statement to make.

Westy, why don’t you come over to the North for one game, see and feel what proper support is like. You might enjoy it, who knows you might even take your shirt of and try and get all us 40+ singing. :hilarious:

I for one is 46 years old, and stands in the North Bank, To say the North bank is full of 14 year olds is a pathetic statement to make.

Westy, why don’t you come over to the North for one game, see and feel what proper support is like. You might enjoy it, who knows you might even take your shirt of and try and get all us 40+ singing. :hilarious:

The over 50s are doing fine in the North bank as well you know.:loyalsupporter:

Good on you fellas, if i ever get back to see my team play again ,i am 66 years old , i would love to join you all in the North Bank and be shirtless and sing my heart out for my team,I ll bring my beautiful wife who is 26 years younger than me , filipina and knows nothing about football except for the fact i love Southend with all my heart. She wont sing but she will smile and tell me to behave lol.

Good on you fellas, if i ever get back to see my team play again ,i am 66 years old , i would love to join you all in the North Bank and be shirtless and sing my heart out for my team,I ll bring my beautiful wife who is 26 years younger than me , filipina and knows nothing about football except for the fact i love Southend with all my heart. She wont sing but she will smile and tell me to behave lol.

Would she join you and be shirtless?:slurp::look::tease:

Back