• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done u must love Southend so much by not watching their performance with your top off facing the crowd of 14 year olds. Your my hero

Well done u must love Southend so much by not watching their performance with your top off facing the crowd of 14 year olds. Your my hero

You were also not watching the game then if you saw him do this.

:net:

I have to agree with TrueBlue - the support was brilliant today. Even saw the South Upper having a sing-song a couple of times :thumbsup:

You were also not watching the game then if you saw him do this.

Seeing as it was behind the goal unfortunately I couldnt not see it when we attacked in the first half. Not to mention half the crowd around me saying "who's that idiot with his shirt off"

:net:

I have to agree with TrueBlue - the support was brilliant today. Even saw the South Upper having a sing-song a couple of times :thumbsup:

Have to say that after what we saw on Tuesday night I was proud of the support that turned out today, both numbers wise and vocally, it could so easily have gone into total meltdown. :thumbsup: As it is it's probably just about stable, so jury still out but it could have been a self destruct scenario. :unsure:

Good to hear positive noise coming from various parts of the ground today, needed it to drown out some of the moaners who were on certain players' backs from very early on.

I stood in the North bank for the first half of the game today. The north bank was all singing and willing the team along, all positive comments being made.

Walked around to the west to see the second half of the game, and the only real noise i heard coming out of there was people complaining about the team’s performance and shouting negative comments all the time.

I wonder, if you asked the players, what stand they thought they gained the most inspiration from during the course of the game, wonder what they would say, hell, for all i know, they may say the West, South or East, or even maybe the North.

I really notice a change of positive attitude, when standing in the north and then sitting in the west.

Seeing as it was behind the goal unfortunately I couldnt not see it when we attacked in the first half. Not to mention half the crowd around me saying "who's that idiot with his shirt off"

you are a real ray of sunshine, and seeing as though tb takes its shirt off every game near enough, i dont buy that entire statement at all.
better to have passion from him rather than moaning about nothing from you

[/B]you are a real ray of sunshine, and seeing as though tb takes its shirt off every game near enough, i dont buy that entire statement at all.
better to have passion from him rather than moaning about nothing from you

Agree totally, it takes only one person to kick start our quiet crowd and the momentum and noise increases, like him or loathe him, he gets noise and support from some who would otherwise sit/stand and say nothing.

I like the passion and applaud his efforts :clap:

I thought the atmosphere was excellent in the North today. We were right behind them from start to finish.

Great to read about everyone (well almost) you will always find a few moaners, getting behind the players, thats why you are called supporters.Well done lads ,even if the result wasnt what we was all hoping for.Godd to hear Eastwood got some dent playing time also.

Good to hear positive noise coming from various parts of the ground today, needed it to drown out some of the moaners who were on certain players' backs from very early on.

And some of those people arrived at the pub 3 hours before the game!!!!!

Fair play to True Blue he does get the north nak going. I was in there as always and it was one of the better atmospheres for a while. Not sure I like all these generic European type chants we seems to have adopted of late.

Few kids yes but also few older heads in there too so your demographic is far from bang on

Also do you really think I give a **** what you think or any other Southend supporter of me?

The atmosphere will be my judge not you and if it means I have to look an idiot to get the crowd going so ****ing be it

yeh thought the northbank done really well yesterday, plenty of noise and we could even hear the south sing at one stage from the east stand, and they say there were 4,800 plus in attendance also, only looked around the 4,000 mark to me so great support considering the last home game performance:thumbsup:

Back