• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching on telly gives a different perspective on the players,Hunt oozed class and looked the part,if he remains fit and he has a partner(which the commentator said he must have)he will score 15 minimum.

More than happy with Noel.

Not sure about that. I was watching from the East End and Hunt still oozed class and looked the part.

Watching on telly gives a different perspective on the players,Hunt oozed class and looked the part,if he remains fit and he has a partner(which the commentator said he must have)he will score 15 minimum.

More than happy with Noel.

TV does give you a different perspective, but Hunt's class was there for all to see. He was superb.

Not sure about that. I was watching from the East End and Hunt still oozed class and looked the part.

From the stands your perception of play isn't the same as when the cameras zoom in all round the pitch,Hunt was immense,his touch and speed of thought was fantastic to watch close up.

15 plus goals for Noel nailed on IMHO. Great performance today. COYBB. Good coverage on Football League Tonight too.

I tell you what, it's nice to see two forwards just getting on with the game and not throwing petulant strops because things don't get given their way!

You can tell how much PB rates him, because as soon as he was anywhere near fit he was in the starting lineup. At last, the ball is sticking in the final 3rd of the pitch, which in turn eases the pressure on the midfield and our defence.

I definitely see the likeness to Stevie Phillips. Defends from the front and has a bit of tenacity. :winking:

You can tell how much PB rates him, because as soon as he was anywhere near fit he was in the starting lineup. At last, the ball is sticking in the final 3rd of the pitch, which in turn eases the pressure on the midfield and our defence.

I definitely see the likeness to Stevie Phillips. Defends from the front and has a bit of tenacity. :winking:

Totally agree...but when the late changes came it showed where we lack strength in depth. As you say with Hunt & Mooney we retained possession and tbh looked consistently more likely to score than I've seen us for years! Although they both missed some good chances their overall play was excellent. Unfortunately when PB made the changes, with Pig/Hunt, then Pig alone, we couldn't keep the ball and I honestly think if the game went on for another 10 minutes we'd have conceded (which would have been hugely undeserved on overall play). Sadly Pigott seemed to start all their moves in the last 10 minutes, including the one that led to their goal by giving the ball away around their penalty area!

It was McLaughlin that lost the ball for their goal. Not piggots fault this time!

I wasn't there, so can't judge really...but don't you think it suits our play better with two strikers that want the ball at their feet. I always thought with Barry Corr, the temptation was to knock it up to him in the air (because that's his strength), but that means getting quick players close to him to get the knock downs (which we never really did). We have some really good players in this squad that like to play on the floor (Timlin, Worrall, Wordsworth, Coker etc) so with these two up front I think PB has found the right blend for this level.

I wasn't there, so can't judge really...but don't you think it suits our play better with two strikers that want the ball at their feet. I always thought with Barry Corr, the temptation was to knock it up to him in the air (because that's his strength), but that means getting quick players close to him to get the knock downs (which we never really did). We have some really good players in this squad that like to play on the floor (Timlin, Worrall, Wordsworth, Coker etc) so with these two up front I think PB has found the right blend for this level.

Agreed,

It was so refreshing to see balls played to feet or along the lines,long may it continue.

Two great games in a week for Noel. No one can have failed to see his quality and commitment yesterday whether you were at RH or watching on the TV. He has been at the heart of nearly every attacking chance we have created this week. The club needed goals and the fans demanded goals. Well there here now and from the way we played yesterday I'm confident we will see a lot more. So now we can at last all relax and look forward to the season ahead.

Even when Noel came off he was standing and shouting instructions to our team, something I've never seen our bench do.
What has surprised me, and I know football is all about opinions is how many people did not make him their MOM on the other thread.

He was absolutely class yesterday. What a fantastic signing made by Phil Brown.

Back