• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
The new Stevie Phillips - a nasty, irritating nuisance who can score goals ? - discuss........

Fondly remember Stevie Phillips. Nuisance yes but much more of a goal scorer than a goal maker. If Hunt gets half his goals I will be well chuffed.

Always knew he would be a great signing for us and was surprised we'd managed to nab a player of his class. Have to say even I've been impressed by how good he's been so far.

Thought Hunt's class showed today, very encouraging performance all round. Still lack that killer instinct in front of goal though, we need to capitalise on those chances. We could so easily of messed this great performance up at the very end.

Good result, a win is a win :-)

Watching on telly gives a different perspective on the players,Hunt oozed class and looked the part,if he remains fit and he has a partner(which the commentator said he must have)he will score 15 minimum.

More than happy with Noel.

Watching on telly gives a different perspective on the players,Hunt oozed class and looked the part,if he remains fit and he has a partner(which the commentator said he must have)he will score 15 minimum.

More than happy with Noel.[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall you were less than happy when he was signed though. Perhaps Brown was right after all.

More than happy with Noel.[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall you were less than happy when he was signed though. Perhaps Brown was right after all.

Even the best of us can be wrong:winking:

I thought the partnership with Mooney looked good too. When he slipped in Noel with a lovely little reverse ball, I felt sure he would score. They both kept going throughout and it's quite refreshing to see - I think we could have 20-30 goals between these two .. assuming we play to their strengths!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the partnership with Mooney looked good too. When he slipped in Noel with a lovely little reverse ball, I felt sure he would score. They both kept going throughout and it's quite refreshing to see - I think we could have 20-30 goals between these two .. assuming we play to their strengths!

Agreed. I know Mooney missed a couple today but the partnership between them looks really promising. They are both intelligent players who are able to find space and spot a pass.

Wow, They have formed a partnership

Was a class act today but wouldn't put him in the prolific category though, missed a few sitters in my eyes and could cost us in the future , him , worral and Mooney at times linked up great . Was sitting with posh fans and they all rate Mooney and said he will do well here .
What I liked today was that the team mixed it up by playing some neat stuff but also by playing direct and turning the defenders around which seemed to unsettle Posh , I think that's what's need instead of trying to always pass our way into the net

Yep, Hunt is first class. Won't be too many better strikers in this league. His partnership with Mooney was great to see, both running the channels and giving the midfield options up top. Mooney missed a few you'd hope he'd put away but more often than not it was his good movement that got him the chance in the first place so if he keeps on like that I'm sure the goals will come.

Thought Hunt showed he is Championship quality today. Real classy and old school hard working forward. No doubt if he'd been at a bottom half championship club and not Ipswich he'd still be getting first team football there this season. Great signing. If Mooney can find his form, we may have a chance, can see Hunt easily reaching double figures this season if he stays fit! Also Leonard's passing today = top class

Back