• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Noel Quits. Dirty Mancs in Tears

Its a shame, when I was at the Army and Navy in 1993 and watching the boys strut their stuff I knew I was in the presence of greatness.

They'll be back I'm sure, there will probably be a reunion gig next week or so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8228053.stm

Inevitable really... Fact is they haven't released anything worthy of mention for years now, it just gets massively overhyped simply because it's Oasis. I certainly won't be shedding a tear over this, but there will probably be a minutes silence at Man Citeh this weekend.

no mate, that isnt a fact

How many times have they split up?

this is the first offical split.

This may not be the end for Oasis, but if it is let me say they were at one point in time the greatest band in the world and I was fortunate enough to see them at that point in time. Long Live Oasis!

Last edited:
Sad news. Don't blame Noel, I imagine Liam can be annoying. Great band, my favourite of all time but maybe it's a good time to bow out. They could go on selling out venues and playing old hits for years but they don't need to and their recent stuff hasn't been anything special with the exception of a few good songs. I'm glad I saw them in June.

It is a shame, certainly they were the band that made 90's music great and brought a feel good factor back to guitar music. There new stuff has been very good, however the split was inevitable.

I said last week that i believe Noel will go on to have a brilliant solo career (Paul Weller-esk) but in Blur style fashion, Oasis will reform in the next 10 years to play to packed out venues once more.

Oasis' influence to the rest of the music industry cannot be understated enough

Oasis' influence to the rest of the music industry cannot be understated enough

Oh **** Off...

Real bands who influence the music industry are the likes of The Beatles, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Led Zep etc etc... Two Greasy Manc Brothers and their mates, sadly do not.

Funny, I'm re-downloading music that I lost due to a harddrive giving up the ghost (which is why I have been absent for the last month if anyone cared) but Oasis are way down the list. Granted, a good band but great? Nah, not in my eyes. Liam was/is a tosspot and Noel can hardly be held in the same esteem as Lennon/McCartney, Gilmore/Waters or Jagger/Richards as he so badly wants to be remembered. Some cracking, memorable songs but nothing apart from Cigerettes & Alcohol or Roll With It that grabs you by the balls.

it is a shame, certainly they were the band that made 90's music great and brought a feel good factor back to guitar music. There new stuff has been very good, however the split was inevitable.

I said last week that i believe noel will go on to have a brilliant solo career (paul weller-esk) but in blur style fashion, oasis will reform in the next 10 years to play to packed out venues once more.

oasis' influence to the rest of the music industry cannot be understated enough

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't really care for Oasis, made by the media in a lot of ways. 2 half decent albums that probably i've heard once since 96. Never really went anywhere never progressed always sounded the same. Should of been as big as Aswad!

Back