• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nokia Lumia 800

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Has anyone tried one? Is this an IPhone beater?

I must be one of the few people in the Country who has never had a Nokia phone. I was going to get the Iphone 4S but Apple at Lakeside seemed to promote a policy of making people queue and the bloke I complained to said people want the whole experience when they buy the phone. My argument was course they don’t. They want to go in hand over their card pay for it and go home.
Might be time for a change.

It's been the best selling smartphone for the last two weeks in UK, France, Sweden and the Netherlands so it's doing pretty well. It does lack apps compared to Android Marketplace and iOS App Store but the number is growing very fast and the UI is very nice and smooth.

(disclaimer - I don't own one, running a Samsung Galaxy S2)

This phone will be the last roll of the dice for Nokia - many people in the trade have told me if they get this one wrong then its game over for nokia

they have been heading downhill for a while, i can see them ending up like motorola

We have been testing one at work and tho it's good for synching to an exchange server cos it runs Windows 7, it's not an iPhone beater.

I am so not keen on the iPhone, it's all about being a sheep with the iPhone. So much aggro at work when dishing them out....create an iTunes account or get the user to put their account details in. Install the app for use with company email, put the password in, do anything on the iPhon, put the password in. Apple have you by the short and curlies.

If you want something decent, go for the Samsung Galaxy SII or the new Samsung Nexus. The HTC Desire HD is also a very good andriod phone, solid and well built.

Back