• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nominations and draw thread

Trouble with this battle is (for me at least) I haven't seen at good majority of the shows nominated.

Yeah 'cos Game of Thrones isn't one of the best programmes ever is it? :nope:

Watched 'Blackwater' (episode nine of season two) again last night. The action scenes were of course brilliant, but I'd forgotten how superb Cersei is in that episode. Probably the show's best character.

Yeah 'cos Game of Thrones isn't one of the best programmes ever is it? :nope:

That's the thing, FNL's is fantastic and deserves to be nominated in this awards as well. There are several shows that can all have a real chance of winning. Should be a good battle!

Surprised no one has nominated Spartacus yet.

That's the thing, FNL's is fantastic and deserves to be nominated in this awards as well. There are several shows that can all have a real chance of winning. Should be a good battle!

One I've not seen and not be drawn to. I loathe American football so that doesn't help.

No point in nominating anyone, Steveo wins this at a canter. The Wire is easily the greatest programme ever...in the world ever.

Saw this quote on another forum:

"People who ask for tv recommendations, haven't watched the wire and then don't when you tell them to are the 2nd worst people in the world, the worst are the ones who don't like it (they can die)"

Saw this quote on another forum:

"People who ask for tv recommendations, haven't watched the wire and then don't when you tell them to are the 2nd worst people in the world, the worst are the ones who don't like it (they can die)"

Written by an absolute dribbling moron no doubt.

maybe if you gave it a proper go you'd like it, rather than being so closed-minded.

But thats the thing Jon.....I have. I watched the first 5 or 6. It's not a mandatory part of being a human bean to like it you know.

But thats the thing Jon.....I have. I watched the first 5 or 6. It's not a mandatory part of being a human bean to like it you know.

I'm not saying it is, however you've always had an attitude that it's not for you, and so unsurprisingly you end up not liking it! There are plenty of reasons why people won't like it and i respect that, however the fact that it's probably the most intelligent and thought-provoking piece of TV ever made (a view widely supported by critics and fans, and my parents!) means it's probably worth a proper try. The fact that it doesn't have an instant payoffs/quick gratification/cliff-hangers is what makes it so good.

steveo - The Wire
Billericay Blue - The West Wing
ACU - Hill Street Blues
ESB - The Sopranos
Wight Shrimper - Sons Of Anarchy
Pubey - Breaking Bad
MK Shrimper - ER
Mad Cyril - MacGyver
Davewebbsbrain - The Twilight Zone
superblue24 - Dexter
Berrichone Shrimper - The Following
Napster - NYPD Blue
Ricey - 24
Pitsea Blue - Lost
marvel315 - Game Of Thrones
pickledseal - Deadwood
OBL - Roots
Cricko - X files
KAB - Homocide, Life on the Street
True Blue - The Walking Dead
madaboutblues - Criminal Minds
Clinton Baptiste- The A-Team

I'm not saying it is, however you've always had an attitude that it's not for you, and so unsurprisingly you end up not liking it! There are plenty of reasons why people won't like it and i respect that, however the fact that it's probably the most intelligent and thought-provoking piece of TV ever made (a view widely supported by critics and fans, and my parents!) means it's probably worth a proper try. The fact that it doesn't have an instant payoffs/quick gratification/cliff-hangers is what makes it so good.

I didn't start with that attitude at all. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't see what the fuss was about.

I loathe American football so that doesn't help.

Doesn't really matter; my wife can't stand the game but enjoys FNL. It's a key part of the show, but really it's about life in small-town Texas and all that comes with it. Schmaltzy at times, but a genuinely good show.

Anyhow, we're getting a little sidetracked. Mad Men, Friday Night Lights, St Elsewhere and many others are still up for grabs!

MORE NOMINATIONS PLEASE!

Doesn't really matter; my wife can't stand the game but enjoys FNL. It's a key part of the show, but really it's about life in small-town Texas and all that comes with it. Schmaltzy at times, but a genuinely good show.

Anyhow, we're getting a little sidetracked. Mad Men, Friday Night Lights, St Elsewhere and many others are still up for grabs!

MORE NOMINATIONS PLEASE!

My wife doesn't have a clue about American Football as well, and she absolutely loves FNL.

My wife doesn't have a clue about American Football as well, and she absolutely loves FNL.

Although I am beginning if Tim Riggins might have something to do with my wife's love for the show.

To be fair, I quite fancy him too.

Back