• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Time for another battle. The rules of engagement for this one are:

1)Participants must be or have been a recognised sportswoman at a reasonably high level. For example, Audrey Tatou is not eligible, even if she may once have run in the 100m for her school. If your nomination is someone not universally known then please explain who she is when making your nomination. My decision on whether an entrant is eligible or not will be final

2) Feel free to choose older athletes. If you're choosing, say, Gabriela Sabatini, then votes should be cast on what she looked like circa 1989 rather than today

3) Usual knockout format will apply. First aim will be to get a last 16, but if we can get to 32, so much the better

4) Pictures = good. In the event of a tie I will decide the winner based on the evidence presented in the thread

5) If the women of SZ are feeling left out at all, they are free to do a similar battle of the 'Sports Hunks'

6) Previous Totty Cup nominees - with a suitable sporting pedigree - will be permitted

7) As you nominate, please add to the list in your post

So, nominations please. I will start things off:

1) World heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis

jessica+ennis.jpg

Are entries into previous Totty challenges allowed....as that US Pole-vaulter has done well in these comps in the past and so maybe should be excluded?

Are entries into previous Totty challenges allowed....as that US Pole-vaulter has done well in these comps in the past and so maybe should be excluded?

Good point mate and the answer is yes. I have edited the Ts and Cs.

So it's:

1) Jessica Ennis
2) Maria Sharapova
3) Alison Stokke

BA - was that a vote for Sabatini or an exclamation at me mentioning her? She was quite a catch back in the day!

Diane Youdale (aka Jet The Gladioator)

0015-DianeYoudale.jpg

I'd say gladiators is fairly sporty??

Good point mate and the answer is yes. I have edited the Ts and Cs.

So it's:

1) Jessica Ennis
2) Maria Sharapova
3) Alison Stokke

BA - was that a vote for Sabatini or an exclamation at me mentioning her? She was quite a catch back in the day!

A bit of both! The only reason I used to watch tennis when I were a lad!

Guys, please add your nominations to the list as we go along; makes it much easier for me to keep tabs on things.

Gladiator competitors do not count. Sorry!

1) Jessica Ennis
2) Maria Sharapova
3) Alison Stokke

1) Jessica Ennis
2) Maria Sharapova
3) Alison Stokke
4) Haley Cope
5) Gabriel Sabtatini
6) Anna Kournikova

Back