• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mohsniisgod

Hearing Southend were interested in Dulwich Hamlet forward Erhun Oztumer before his move to Peterborough Utd.
The Turk was more than prolific at non-league level.

With Dan Holman leaving Southend on trial, and then signing for Col Ewe, surely he was worth a punt?!

Wouldn't it be worth a shot dipping into non-league and picking up some cheap options off local teams that could prove extremely beneficial on the pitch, as well as off it with some healthy profit. We've seen this done with Dagenham and Peterborough..

Canvey striker John Sands definitely knows where the back of the net is.
Kris Newby looked decent at East Thurrock, winger who scored over 27 goals last season.
Alexander Read got over 50 goals last season for Harlow - saw him play a few times and he could finish!
Concord midfielder/striker Tony Stokes - was on trial at Hartlepool last season - former West Ham youth player - scores plenty for them!
Concord striker Jacob Cleaver - young, was on trial at Bournemouth I believe.
Concord winger Reece Harris looks a handful when I've seen him play.

I see no harm in having a thread about conference players that stand out around the county. I fully expect that our scouting team 'whomever that may be' may... have already noticed these players. :Worthy:

Last edited:
Basically you've started a thread to give us the Concord squad... Cheers
Basically he started a thread ,to give us a low down on some non league players who may or may not be good enough to play league 2 , for me thats good like other clubs we may just get a diamond in the rough.Who carews who they play for.Im sure theres many others out there too just wanting to be given an opportunity.

Basically you've started a thread to give us the Concord squad... Cheers

He named three Concord players, out of six.

Talk about having a dig for no reason other than having a dig. mohsniisgod's post adds far more than yours to the forum.

Going to the OP, any decent centre halves out in non-league, I've gotta be honest, my non-league knowledge doesn't really go beyond the Conference, I'd not heard of any of those player before.

To be fair Concord have some very good young players.

Tony Stokes - Sadly had a very bad injury last year sustained in a pre-season friendly, I believe he was advised that he may not play again but came back and once again did very well.

Jacob Cleaver - Haven't seen too much of him but his record is very good. Think he was on loan at Redbridge last season scoring 20+ goals. Think he may well still be at Bournemouth

Lyle Taylor - One we missed out on. Left Concord to go to Falkirk and did very well there. Now signed for Sheffield United.

One worth looking at there is Left Midfielder Sam Collins, very good on the ball and scores a fair few as well.

Craig Robson - Comanding young centre back at Bognor Regis Town. Saw him play loads of times in the Perth state league in Australia, Perth Glory scouted and took him on trial but visa and limited foreign player rules scuppered a move there, also represented the west australia rep team. He's was a Southampton youth product in the same side as walcott.

Andrew Tidswell- Striker at Spalding Utd, not the highest of levels which might be why nobody has taken a gamble on him but was top scorer in the league the last 2 seasons and got all his 30 goals this season before xmas and was injured the rest of the season. 24 now so not a youngster but have heard a lot of good things. Got to be worth a trial?

Craig Robson - Comanding young centre back at Bognor Regis Town. Saw him play loads of times in the Perth state league in Australia, Perth Glory scouted and took him on trial but visa and limited foreign player rules scuppered a move there, also represented the west australia rep team. He's was a Southampton youth product in the same side as walcott.

When I last saw him play (April) they let in four goals and he was far from commanding !

When I last saw him play (April) they let in four goals and he was far from commanding !

Off game maybe? I must confess I haven't watched him for a while but friends who played for Billericay last season said he was outstanding when they played at Bognor

Thought I'd revisit some non-league suggestions that we have made in the past. A lot of posters are constantly saying we should look for non league gem but of the names suggested on this thread a couple of years ago only one player has progressed to a higher level!

Hearing Southend were interested in Dulwich Hamlet forward Erhun Oztumer before his move to Peterborough Utd.
The Turk was more than prolific at non-league level.

With Dan Holman leaving Southend on trial, and then signing for Col Ewe, surely he was worth a punt?!

Wouldn't it be worth a shot dipping into non-league and picking up some cheap options off local teams that could prove extremely beneficial on the pitch, as well as off it with some healthy profit. We've seen this done with Dagenham and Peterborough..

Canvey striker John Sands definitely knows where the back of the net is.
Kris Newby looked decent at East Thurrock, winger who scored over 27 goals last season.
Alexander Read got over 50 goals last season for Harlow - saw him play a few times and he could finish!
Concord midfielder/striker Tony Stokes - was on trial at Hartlepool last season - former West Ham youth player - scores plenty for them!
Concord striker Jacob Cleaver - young, was on trial at Bournemouth I believe.
Concord winger Reece Harris looks a handful when I've seen him play.

John Sands- Now at Boston National League North,was with Ryman League side Leiston before this. So has Dropped down.
Kris Newby- Dropped down from East Thurrock toRyman North side GWR
Alexander Read- Still at Harlow
Tony Stokes- Dropped down from Concord toCanvey in Ryman Premier.
Jacob Cleaver- Dropped down from Concord to GWRin Ryman North
Reece Harris- Stayed the same Level moving toEast Thurrock

One worth looking at there is Left Midfielder Sam Collins, very good on the ball and scores a fair few as well.

Sam Collins- Still at Concord, had a season outwith a broken leg

Andrew Tidswell- Striker at Spalding Utd, not the highest of levels which might be why nobody has taken a gamble on him but was top scorer in the league the last 2 seasons and got all his 30 goals this season before xmas and was injured the rest of the season. 24 now so not a youngster but have heard a lot of good things. Got to be worth a trial?

Craig Robson- Gone up a couple of divisions tothe national league now playing at Dagenham & Redbridge and very impressivefrom what I’ve heard.
Andrew Tidswell- still playing in the unitedcounties league

We messed up on Holman, I always thought that..He was unlucky with management change at col u, hit over 30 goals last term, picked up an injury at the start of this campaign, watch his movement and technique, he is also very strong, he would easy score in this division IMO... Brown Out

Can't stand these threads about non league talent. For every Jamie Vardy, there are 100 Alassane N'Diayes. There's a reason these players are at that level.

We messed up on Holman, I always thought that..He was unlucky with management change at col u, hit over 30 goals last term, picked up an injury at the start of this campaign, watch his movement and technique, he is also very strong, he would easy score in this division IMO... Brown Out

We shall see with Holman, but Colchester obviously didn't rate him either. BUT do we have to turn every thread into a Brown out? It's getting tedious now.

Can't stand these threads about non league talent. For every Jamie Vardy, there are 100 Alassane N'Diayes. There's a reason these players are at that level.

That is exactly the point I'm making. Of the 9 players suggested in this thread only 1 has progressed and none have made it to the football league.

Back