• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Non-league refwatch ........ Boreham Wood (A)

Mick

Life President
Well, certainly not much to say here. No previous league history between the two clubs and a referee with fairly limited experience.

We have, of course played Boreham Wood twice in the Cup - once recently, the other not so. The first in 1974 saw us progress with a comfortable 3-0 home win goals from Terry Johnson, Stuart Brace and Brian Albeson. The other was last year when we drew 3-3 after extra time and, being in the “no replay” era, we were eliminated 4-3 on penalties.

Saturday’s referee will be Aaron Jackson from Liverpool, in his third season as a National League referee and taking charge of his 31st match at this level. The previous 30 have seen 116 yellow and 3 red cards. This season’s 5 games have seen a reduction in his card count with just 14 yellows and no reds as yet.

In addition to his National League matches he has officiated in plenty of PL2 (development league) matches.

He has refereed Boreham Wood just once before, a 1-0 defeat away at Eastleigh at the end of last season.

Assistants are Josh Crofts from St Neots and Chris Myatt from Dartford. The latter was also an Assistant for our recent home match against Chesterfield. Londoner Lawrence Torz-Brown will be standing by as Fourth Official.

Top report as always Mick. I've no idea how they choose the ref for each game, but as the 'lino's' are fairly local, 1 more than the other, you'd think they could get a Ref nearer than from Liverpool?.

Top report as always Mick. I've no idea how they choose the ref for each game, but as the 'lino's' are fairly local, 1 more than the other, you'd think they could get a Ref nearer than from Liverpool?.

Agreed some of the appointments seem a little perverse, from a geographic point of view. This one seems to spend a good bit of time in the south so there may be good reason.

Quality reporting ae always Mick....:Clap:

In a slightly perverse way , I'm looking forward to this one as the new management team have had a little time to establish their authority, 2 loanees returned....1-2 away win :LoyalSupporter:

Saturday’s referee will be Aaron Jackson from Liverpool, in his third season as a National League referee and taking charge of his 31st match at this level. The previous 30 have seen 116 yellow and 3 red cards. This season’s 5 games have seen a reduction in his card count with just 14 yellows and no reds as yet.
I see you tempted fate there, @Mick !

It's been reported now that Ogogo received a straight red on Saturday, not just a second yellow and is therefore banned for 2 games.

In your opinion (or any others more knowledgable about these things than I am) what would be the chances of a successful appeal? Whatever he might have said, it seems incredibly harsh that he got a straight red card for it - by the length of time it took, it was hardly a tirade of abuse.

It's been reported now that Ogogo received a straight red on Saturday, not just a second yellow and is therefore banned for 2 games.

In your opinion (or any others more knowledgable about these things than I am) what would be the chances of a successful appeal? Whatever he might have said, it seems incredibly harsh that he got a straight red card for it - by the length of time it took, it was hardly a tirade of abuse.

Nil.

If the referee was offended or felt insulted or abused by what he said to him, then he is guilty of offensive, insulting or abusive language. A tirade isn't necessary; someone can easily be offended by just a couple of well-chosen words.

Interesting. If this was a straight red and an appeal succeeds does that mean that Ogogo ends up with just one yellow, and hence no suspension?

Nil.

If the referee was offended or felt insulted or abused by what he said to him, then he is guilty of offensive, insulting or abusive language. A tirade isn't necessary; someone can easily be offended by just a couple of well-chosen words.

Is there still the threat of an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal, because this would be the absolute definition of that.

Last edited:
" I say, Mister referee, I consider that decision may have been hastily made and possibly incorrect! May I respectfully ask you to rethink? Thank you."

Interesting. If this was a straight red and an ealeal ?.eagle appeal succeeds does that mean that Ogogo ends up with just one yellow, and hence no suspension?
Y do u want to appeal ?????

Nil.

Great stuff as always Mick. I remember you feeling offended or insulted by some of my comments in your years as the man in black. ??

Back