• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Non League talent

SUFCGoals

Striker
Not sure if we currently have a thread like this or have had one recently. Just thought I'd create this thread for people to list exciting non league talents that would be worth looking at.

Akinola of course.
Stunned really a L1 didn’t take a punt tbh- without a doubt had last season not been the only he had played as a 9 he would have been out our reach.
But it shows the talent is there as does Hobson of course.
Sometimes it’s about seeing a players real value is in a different position- to an extent this applies to Akinola but I note MM commented with Lous Walsh that although a winger they actually believe he could be very effective down the middle
This player analysis and wider thinking is how we can find talent- the guy who has banged in 20+ goals a season for three seasons in the NL won’t be coming here..

Charlie Ruff looks too good for that level at Hornchurch. Kyle Hudlin at Solihull Moors is good. Reece Wylie at Aldershot. Theo Richardson at Cleethorpes.

Last edited:
Jermaine Francis anyone hear of this lad yet ? Seen him play out wide 4 times for a side called DT FC who play in the alliance London leagues and play home games at Harlow town, young hungry and really wants a chance at league football, can definitely play a much higher standard, got a lot of tricks to his game.

Hudlin that I mentioned above is about 6ft8 I think so would solve our big lump problem but might cost a bit.

Paul McCallum would be a coup but may cost a decent amount. Played with Akinola last season

Paul McCallum would be a coup but may cost a decent amount. Played with Akinola last season

Good when he feels like it - but that’s not too often judging by his fits and starts performances for the Os.

Remember when he was sent off against us at Pompey?

Never knew why.

Anyone know?

Good when he feels like it - but that’s not too often judging by his fits and starts performances for the Os.

Remember when he was sent off against us at Pompey?

Never knew why.

Anyone know?

An "off the ball" incident of violent conduct. His 3 match ban was extended to 7 matches for "making contact with" the referee.

I don't think we need McCallum, he's a big lad and can be great on his day but also woefully inconsistent & never really settles anywhere.

Back