• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Non payment of players

barton west

Striker
Anyone notice?
Wigan Athletic have been docked three points for failing to pay their players on time. They’re eight points adrift at the bottom of the championship.

4th late payment in 9 months and breaking a previous agreement with the EFL signed in Jan.

Seems a little worse than our situation right now, but by the summer who knows - be ****e to start next season on negative points

Anyone notice?
Wigan Athletic have been docked three points for failing to pay their players on time. They’re eight points adrift at the bottom of the championship.
This method of sanction is completely wrong imo it hurts the victims ( the players) of non paid wages and also the supporters, while the owners are largely unaffected !
The sanctions should be aimed purely at the owners with the ultimate sanctions of forcing them to sell! as bringing the game into disrepute FA rules, and failing the fit and proper owners test ! RM and a quite few other shysters should be dealt with promptly, which means the FA and Leagues doing their jobs. Just my opinion..

I read even Sheff Utd are struggling financially & really need promotion to the prem to balance the books. It’s long been said the Championship is the biggest money drain of all the leagues.

This method of sanction is completely wrong imo it hurts the victims ( the players) of non paid wages and also the supporters, while the owners are largely unaffected !
The sanctions should be aimed purely at the owners with the ultimate sanctions of forcing them to sell! as bringing the game into disrepute FA rules, and failing the fit and proper owners test ! RM and a quite few other shysters should be dealt with promptly, which means the FA and Leagues doing their jobs. Just my opinion..
Very well said. Point deductions always seem crazy to me in these circumstances.

Always think points deduction is the easy option. Can't be that great playing when you've not been paid for someone to then take away points you have earned even though your the ones that haven't been paid seems crazy to me.

It should be the owners that suffer not those playing for the club.

It reminds me of the bad old days of football hooliganism. The clubs said they weren't responsible for their supporter's actions and shouldn't be punished, this inaction led to the Heysel tragedy, and the fencing around the pitch which led in great part to the Hillsborough disaster. Hooliganism was greatly curtailed when English teams were kicked out of European and world football. Hitting the clubs for their, and their supporters, actions are the best way to elicit change.

Your a footballer so get on with it! I have no sympathy for someone who kicks a ball around for 3 hours in the morning and plays golf in the afternoon! The average championship salary is around 9k a week so I'm sure u can wait a few more weeks.

Your a footballer so get on with it! I have no sympathy for someone who kicks a ball around for 3 hours in the morning and plays golf in the afternoon! The average championship salary is around 9k a week so I'm sure u can wait a few more weeks.
Although I agree wages are very high in football they deserve to be paid what was promised to then and on time

It reminds me of the bad old days of football hooliganism. The clubs said they weren't responsible for their supporter's actions and shouldn't be punished, this inaction led to the Heysel tragedy, and the fencing around the pitch which led in great part to the Hillsborough disaster. Hooliganism was greatly curtailed when English teams were kicked out of European and world football. Hitting the clubs for their, and their supporters, actions are the best way to elicit change.

Had no effect whatsoever. E's were far more effective

You're an absolute charmer aren't you? A bit of empathy and sympathy wouldn't go amiss.

Back