• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Non-Southend League Two transfers

Bolton don't look to be getting much value so far out of what on the surface looks like a load of players who must be on a decent wage - let's see how they settle.

The promotion race at this early stage looks pretty wide open. I reckon Cheltenham will be one of the top two, and I've got the idea Grimsby might go on a bit of a run too, Holloway is a very streaky manager. Carlisle have recruited well and should be in the mix, and Forest Green look hard to beat at present.

Walsall and Mansfield have had poorer starts compared to where they should be but I do expect them both to improve.

Last edited:
Harrogate will be up there too. I watched their game against Bradford on Sky and they battered them. Should have won far more comfortably.

Maybe but bear in mind they came in off the back of a 'pre-season' of competitive matches and they haven't played many good sides yet.

No massive surprises today. Newport top at the moment but they haven't had many tricky fixtures yet. Cocko might have saved his job at Mansfield by managing to hold Cheltenham to a 0-0.

Back