• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Noor Husin Signs

Wow !!!!

New signings that have actually been paid for in real folding money….plus they are obviously younger talent and not the usual hopelessly crocked OAP looking for one last payday !!!

So now that it looks like the club may possibly be starting to move in the right direction, would any of Mr Collymore‘s regular knockers, like to be gracious enough to give him a bit of well earned credit, and maybe concede that he has brought some worthwhile, positive change to a club that was in despair. ??

Who wants to be first to offer their thanks to Stan ?

OK….I’ll start…. Thanks for all your input Stan. Your efforts have made a big difference to SUFC….. and long may it continue.
Good job mate ?

Wow !!!!

New signings that have actually been paid for in real folding money….plus they are obviously younger talent and not the usual hopelessly crocked OAP looking for one last payday !!!

So now that it looks like the club may possibly be starting to move in the right direction, would any of Mr Collymore‘s regular knockers, like to be gracious enough to give him a bit of well earned credit, and maybe concede that he has brought some worthwhile, positive change to a club that was in despair. ??

OK….I’ll start…. Thanks for all your input Stan. Your efforts have made a big difference to SUFC….. and long may it continue.
Good job mate ?
Completely agree, well said!!

Wow !!!!

Good job mate ?
Wish I had a pair of regular knockers.

Why, wants the big deal, does it really matter.why can’t people simply be happy ?

Im sure Some people would find £20 down the back of the sofa and moan that it wasn’t a £50
Not really, no. Or at least not to me. I guess I was just saying that it would stop the griping of it was co-ordinated.

As it happens, it looks like it was co-ordinated as best it could be...and yet people still managed to gripe!

Anyone else feel that things are changing round here? I remember fans of other clubs saying that being relegated to the NL brought the club and fans closer together and was a clean sweep of the broom .. ok this season it's about finding our feet and staying above water ..... but saddle up that promotion chasing horse for next season. I feel a bit dizzy.

Let me have my 5 mins....it'll be back to the default doom & gloom later!

This doesnt sound like the Southend we have known for the last 3 or 4 years. All kudos to the gaffer, Stan, Tom and the scouts who are clearly looking at some very good players. We are definitely missing that player who can produce a bit of magic bit like Gower and Jack Payne in the past.
I posted this highlight reel on another thread

Thought there was a touch of Gower to him in those clips. Don’t want to burden the kid with too much expectation but looks to have some real quality on the ball.

I think he’s the type of player we can more easily attract now we’re playing such good football. The combination of being a big club at this level, playing attractive football and building something potentially special will be a big lure. This is something worth being part of. When players look back at their careers I think they are going to look fondly at the forthcoming 30 months.

If its already been said then sorry as only just seen the news. Looks like the re-building work has started earlier than some expected. A couple of good signings on long term deals at this level. Good work.

Reactions: GNH
Looking forward to an accompanying commentry on a highlights reel along the line of:

" Noor picking the ball up deep, turns and spreads a delightful ball out to the right, picked up by Davies, striding forward, puts in a cross and GOALLLLLLLLLLL, Cardwell at the far post a marvellous piece of football from Southend, 3-0 game over."

Last edited:
Sounds like another great signing..RM's found the war chest.

I would not be surprised to see 6000 at the game tonight.
Let’s hope that the ”war chest” is not just money being diverted from the loan that was supposed to get new stadium work under way !!

If it is, no doubt the club will be even further entwined in a multi layered spiders web of eternal, lifelong debt to our dear Ron !

Thought there was a touch of Gower to him in those clips. Don’t want to burden the kid with too much expectation but looks to have some real quality on the ball.

I think he’s the type of player we can more easily attract now we’re playing such good football. The combination of being a big club at this level, playing attractive football and building something potentially special will be a big lure. This is something worth being part of. When players look back at their careers I think they are going to look fondly at the forthcoming 30 months.

His highlights package looks great. I know they always do but his range of passing and touches etc look classy and looks to have composure on the ball. Exciting times hopefully.

If they had better finishing at that level he'd have about 30 assists in this video. Some of those balls played through are sublime.

Be interesting to know how balanced a midfield 2 it would be with him alongside Neal?

Wonderful news and a strategy in place Ive been begging for us to pursue for some years

I make that a squad of 31, wonder whose moving off or on loan >~?
It’s a no brainier strategy to seek younger, fitter players. Anyone arguing against it can only be hard of thinking, or desperate to be noticed.??‍♂️??‍♂️

I understand having a balanced mix to include more experienced guys, but being top heavy with older crocks who don’t last ten minutes….has been a senseless direction to pursue.

Welcome to the club young man

I said on the other thread “we are now building a team” hopefully, next season will be our season to get back into the League

Back