• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you be in the North Bank next season?

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
TBV have opened discussion with the club this week, regarding the NB next season.

We and I'm sure you all agree that it has been a pretty successful "trial" over the last few months.

As with anything new, there has been a few hiccups along the way. Ticketing problems, little bit of aggro etc. But, you have to expect that.

Next season we are hoping that things will go more smoothly. So, we have suggested the following to the club, to make the NB experience a little bit better for us all.
  • Home & Away supporters to remain where they are currently situated in the NB. As much as we would like the whole NB, we feel it is too much work and will cost the club much needed money, that would be better spent on players/staff etc
  • Home supporters to be given as many seats as possible in the NB, for every game. From block A onwards. Obviously the amount will depend on the Away turnout, FL guidelines etc.
  • Season tickets to be made available for purchase in the NB. Block A onwards.
  • Current Season ticket holders to be given the opportunity to transfer their season card to NB permanently. Block A onwards.
  • Season ticket holders to be given the opportunity to transfer to NB for individual games. Process to be made easier, with perhaps a simple online form to complete and send to ticket office?
  • NB tickets to be made available for purchase using the online ticketing system.
  • Match-day ticket holders in the West Stand to be granted access to the NB. Presuming it is not at capacity of course.
  • New and more secure segregation netting to be used in NB.
  • Speakers in NB to be moved higher and out of the sight lines. As they impede view in certain areas.
  • Club to re-open the old hut at the back of X block to provide food and refreshments for those in the NB. Including alcohol if possible.
  • Toilets (Male & Female) to be given a little spruce up in NW corner.

I've seen a few posts about making the NB "unallocated"..... If the club were to do this, the capacity would have to be reduced in the NB. This is a FL rule by all accounts. I didn't know about it either. So next season will be as it was this season.

Has anyone got anything else they would like to add to the list above?

PS: Please answer the poll.

TBV have opened discussion with the club this week, regarding the NB next season.

We and I'm sure you all agree that it has been a pretty successful "trial" over the last few months.

As with anything new, there has been a few hiccups along the way. Ticketing problems, little bit of aggro etc. But, you have to expect that.

Next season we are hoping that things will go more smoothly. So, we have suggested the following to the club, to make the NB experience a little bit better for us all.
  • Home & Away supporters to remain where they are currently situated in the NB. As much as we would like the whole NB, we feel it is too much work and will cost the club much needed money, that would be better spent on players/staff etc
  • Home supporters to be given as many seats as possible in the NB, for every game. From block A onwards. Obviously the amount will depend on the Away turnout, FL guidelines etc.
  • Season tickets to be made available for purchase in the NB. Block A onwards.
  • Current Season ticket holders to be given the opportunity to transfer their season card to NB permanently. Block A onwards.
  • Season ticket holders to be given the opportunity to transfer to NB for individual games. Process to be made easier, with perhaps a simple online form to complete and send to ticket office?
  • NB tickets to be made available for purchase using the online ticketing system.
  • Match-day ticket holders in the West Stand to be granted access to the NB. Presuming it is not at capacity of course.
  • New and more secure segregation netting to be used in NB.
  • Speakers in NB to be moved higher and out of the sight lines. As they impede view in certain areas.
  • Club to re-open the old hut at the back of X block to provide food and refreshments for those in the NB. Including alcohol if possible.
  • Toilets (Male & Female) to be given a little spruce up in NW corner.
I've seen a few posts about making the NB "unallocated"..... If the club were to do this, the capacity would have to be reduced in the NB. This is a FL rule by all accounts. I didn't know about it either. So next season will be as it was this season.

Has anyone got anything else they would like to add to the list above?

PS: Please answer the poll.

No , I think that is really good work , well done.
I think having the whole NB would be great in an ideal world , but think what you've suggested is the best that can be achieved under the current financial constraints ( it's also helpful to the atmosphere to have a bit of 'close quarters' banter if it can be safely kept under control.
Also fully understand about the unallocated issue , but just wish everyone was sensible.
Just to give you the only example I have.
I took my son into the NB for the first time against Macclesfield.
We initially stood where we wanted ( as was suggested ) , but a family came along and 'insisted' that these were their seats etc.
So we went to our 'allocated' seats , but these were occupied.
I could have made a fuss etc , but didn't see the point , and ended up standing in a worse location than either my original or allocated seats.
The atmosphere was great , we enjoyed it anyway , and know there is no way around this issue , but just wanted to raise the point that not everyone plays by the same rules.
Good luck with all you are doing , it made a huge difference to the atmosphere last season.
As an old duffer who stood on the NB more than 20 years ago , it was good to be back

Good work Smiffy.

Need to get those speakers moved as the view would actually be pretty good then.

Well done.

A big board as you enter the north bank saying 'stand where you want/unallocated seating' would be a good idea IMO and would certainly save a lot of hassle when it's busier

Well done.

A big board as you enter the north bank saying 'stand where you want/unallocated seating' would be a good idea IMO and would certainly save a lot of hassle when it's busier

They cannot do that mate!

They would have to reduce capacity in the NB.

Great work with this Smiffy and having the North Bank filled with with our fans was great to see, and fair bought a tear to my eye in thinking about the good old days. I fully support you in your aim in getting the NB on a more or less permanent basis, one or two local(ish) games excluded maybe.

However I shan't be moving from the splendour of the East Blacks, but well done on what you have achieved so far. :clap:

I take it if someone bought a season ticket for block B and then there was one game where a big away following was expected so home fans couldn't be in the North Bank, then they'd be relocated?

Just a suggestion, move the drum closer to North West, sometimes in North Bank there are 2 chants happening at once. If it's in the center of our fans then there wouldn't be any confusion?
Otherwise it sounds great! :)

I would go as far as to say that had we had the vacant area in the NB all season the added attmosphere and energy it produces might just have propelled the team into slightly more effort during all those home games where we through away points to sides that had no right to compete against us on our day.

I voted to stay where I am, but that's only because I'm always accompanied by a 10 year old and an 83 year old! The North bank sounds great from the family stand and has made a huge difference over the last few home games. Long may it continue and great job to all that made it happen:loyalsupporter:

I would go as far as to say that had we had the vacant area in the NB all season the added attmosphere and energy it produces might just have propelled the team into slightly more effort during all those home games where we through away points to sides that had no right to compete against us on our day.
I agree I really think we would have gone up automatically had we had the north bank

I agree, the north bank should be un-allocated seating, 1st come / 1st serve, and this to be signposted. Yes the FL says there will have to be a reduced allication in the NB, but could that not extend into the northwest corner, as the north west so far has not been full capicity, infact nowhere near it, so the reduceced part could be in the north west, the over flow would go into there.
I am 45,i take my 14 year old son in there, and we really love it, brings back the days when i use gto stand in there.

Also i agree about the drum in the middle of the NB as i stand in the middle, and there is two songs going on at the same time, if it was one voice then we would be really loud.

I doubt it will happen but why can't they take out the seats in the north bank. Its bit of a joke having seats there anyway seeing as no one sits down.

obveously you have to keep the north bank open, but as for as taking out the seats, you couldnt because of larger away followings in the future and half time, and also moving drummer to the middle is stupid because i stand in front of him and the whole reason we are there is because of the banter with away fans whilst trying to out sing the away fans.

obveously you have to keep the north bank open, but as for as taking out the seats, you couldnt because of larger away followings in the future and half time, and also moving drummer to the middle is stupid because i stand in front of him and the whole reason we are there is because of the banter with away fans whilst trying to out sing the away fans.
Do you?? but I make you right

Back