• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you go in the North Bank?

• I'm a season card holder and would transfer now and then

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • I'm a season card holder and would transfer permanently

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I'm not a season card holder, I would pay full matchday price

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • I'm not a season card holder, I would not pay full matchday price, but would pay a reduced price

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely, 100% needs to continue. The atmosphere was great, the acoustics projected the noise and the team noticed it. Massive difference and great to hear some noise again, could be a huge psychological help to us to have it for the run-in. If successful I might spend the odd home match in there myself!

Was much better than sitting in South Upper! Needs to be done much more often!

He wasn't blamed for it they just thought your boy would tell them who it was and he didn't

Gareth you know him, he is very distressed at home now, being led away in front of everyone may be an ego boost to some but for him it was humiliating.
He was upset that he missed the end of the game when he did no wrong, wish I could have made it tonight, still I will be having words with people tomorrow, over zealous stewards are a barsteward at away games without our own picking on Innocent kids.

Best atmosphere in years, it reminded me of the days I used to stand in their especially Fiorentina at home!

I believe that if we didn't have the north bank tonight and the £5 deal we would have lost that tonight, deffo the 12th man!

Seriously? Lost the North stand due to a smoke bomb? It was a good idea.

Sturrock says make some atmosphere. You make atmosphere and get slated. :dim:

To the guys in the North bank. Thought the atmosphere created was fantastic. Even spread to the East at points where i sit. Well done all! Hope this can happen more regularly if possible

So come on people let have your views I want to push to make this a regular thing

Much preferred it, a blast from the past...I'm sure Isaw Collymore pick up the ball on the halfway line.....oh no, I went off in my own little world there!
Twas good, gotta be done again...and again..and again...

Been back an hour now. I was also back in my home stand from the seventies, It was fantastic. We need to keep the north bank but when the smoke bomb was let off I could already predict the jobsworths saying 'we told you so' 'we told you it was a bad idea'

Hopefully the positives will outweigh that one setback and the north bank can be given back to us more.

Gareth you know him, he is very distressed at home now, being led away in front of everyone may be an ego boost to some but for him it was humiliating.
He was upset that he missed the end of the game when he did no wrong, wish I could have made it tonight, still I will be having words with people tomorrow, over zealous stewards are a barsteward at away games without our own picking on Innocent kids.

Felt sorry for your lad, he is quite right, he was stood almost right behind me and he did absolutely nothing wrong that I saw all night. Several of us argued the point with the stewards when they came to take him out but they were adamant they were under orders but that the 'powers that be' felt that he could help them and they 'wanted a word'. We made the point that if they only wanted a word then there were only three, maybe four, minutes left at most so why not let him come with them 'for a word' after the game ended, to be fair they got on their radio but were told that they had to take him immediately and didn't really seem to agree with what they were being asked to do. Couldn't really see why they thought he had anything to do with the smoke bomb, first I saw of it it was two or three rows in front of me, so well away from him.

The person in question and I don't mean any offence would not harm a fly let alone bring a smoke bomb to a game - I will be having words with jobbo about a permanent move with a reduced price ticket I don't intend to back down from this one - last night proved what we can do!!!

The person in question and I don't mean any offence would not harm a fly let alone bring a smoke bomb to a game - I will be having words with jobbo about a permanent move with a reduced price ticket I don't intend to back down from this one - last night proved what we can do!!!

I thought everyone did a great job last night and the noise took me back to the 70's, and I hope this can be made on a permanent basis at least until the end of the season. However I don't see why the ticket price should be reduced, to make offers for games such as Morecambe and last night which was ostensibly an exercise to fill that corner. Making too many reductions IMO negates the need for a season ticket which of course the club are pushing hard for next season.

No offence taken, and I to will be having words with Jobbo, only mine will on another matter.
For what its worth he enjoyed the North Bank experience I have bored him with my stories of the past when at his age I stood there.

Do you think it gave Belford more confidence having his own supporters behind his goal, rather than the away support ? I remember doing the Villa stadium tour a few years back, and they said the first thing Martin O'Neill did when he took over was to move the away supporters up into the corner of a stand, because he didn't want them behind the goal putting his keeper off...

Back