• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend North Bank Survey

Surely the decision wont purely be based on season ticket holders. Its my guess that the majority of those wanting to go in the North Bank will be purchasing tickets on the day.
I thought that. It seemed to be just aimed at seaso's. It seemed really short, aswell. While they're at it, they might aswell have asked the fanbase a couple of other questions ?

The question should have read "do you think the North Bank should return to home fans only" I have always sat in the East and do not want to go to the North, therefore I had to vote No, yet I think the North Bank should be returned to Home fans. There must be hundreds of others who think similarly and will register a No vote. The final result will be misleading.

Not for me, I will be staying in the South Upper, however I do appreciate the acoustics in the North are great and can see why people would want to move back there. Not sure it is practical to make the North home fans only from what I have heard at the supporter meetings

The question should have read "do you think the North Bank should return to home fans only" I have always sat in the East and do not want to go to the North, therefore I had to vote No, yet I think the North Bank should be returned to Home fans. There must be hundreds of others who think similarly and will register a No vote. The final result will be misleading.
Exactly ! they had the opportunity of finding out so much more info

Not sure it is misleading...they want to know how many will actually go into the North Bank , not who thinks it should be for home fans. Would be rather ironic if the majority think the North bank should be for home fans, but on match day no one is actually sitting there!

We are never going to get the whole northbank.

We will get what we had last time. A small section by the west.

We tried this before. It didn't work. There were a few hundred supporters at best who made some noise. I was one of them and it just felt very disjointed.

The view is poor. Toilets are the worst in the ground.

I would much prefer that they made the X Block the blue voice. It's bigger and closer to the away end, which will be mostly non existent this season.

I loved the original North Bank and the terracing. Its just a nostalgic idea of a time long gone.

It's a no from me.

Surely the decision wont purely be based on season ticket holders. Its my guess that the majority of those wanting to go in the North Bank will be purchasing tickets on the day.
Not sure why you feel this is for Season card holders only, nowhere on the the web page does it say that and it is open to anyone who currently sits elsewhere in the ground.

I voted no on the grounds that I did my stint in the NB when I was much younger, not sure my arse could cope with the cramped conditions in there now. And the view is much better from the West.

I am very happy with my seat in the West Stand so not interested in moving.I understand that the club is considering if its feasible as there are issues involved and possible costs.Frankly I rather they spent any costs on the ground where the majority of fans will be.But I dont have any objections if they do allow this to happen

I do like the north bank but I don't like the fact sharing with away fans! I suggested few months back about putting the away fans in block x and the corner bit, I take it sufc can't do that.

North bank with just home fans would be my ideal place at roots Hall.

Last edited:
the other thing is, it gives away teams a huge boost having their fans behind the goal. I remember the first thing Martin O'Neill did at Villa was to move the away fans to a remote corner of Villa Park and have home fans behind the goal.

Problem is we can't move away supporters anywhere else in the stadium because they would then share entrances and exits with home supporters, which would not be permitted by the Safety Advisory Group.

Does anyone know the plans for home/away support at Fossetts? Might be more beneficial to make our voices heard for the move when it happens? I also just cannot physically fit in the North Bank unless I chop my legs off below the knees ?

Problem is we can't move away supporters anywhere else in the stadium because they would then share entrances and exits with home supporters, which would not be permitted by the Safety Advisory Group.
That's been the problem hasn't it. And they won't want to spend £'s on altering the layout. Not that there's going to be much away support this season

The south bank creates zero atmosphere the north bank makes the atmosphere it would make a massive difference to the team on the pitch to have the roots hall roar back!!! Forget about the view in the south upper……

Can't the away fans have the right hand side (blue) and we take the left (yellow). Starting with fans the furthest apart. TBH will then be near the West which may encourage them to join in the singing ? A block of segregation in the middle, depending on who has the most support ? Home fans must enter via Shakespeare Drive and walk round ? Will we need much segregation in non-league ?

The North Bank will only work if we get 2/3 or more, anything less and it’s pointless and does not improve the atmosphere

Back