• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank Survey

Javea Shrimper

40 responses :

45% - WOULD return to the North Stand

55% - WOULD NOT return to the North Stand

Of those who used to stand on the North Bank, just 50% would return, the other half quite happy to stay where they have migrated to.

The older fans are also less inclined to move to the North Stand - just 40% of those who have been watching the Shrimpers for over 20 years said they would do so.

Split into sections of the ground :

West Stand - 46% would move to the North
South Stand - 45%
East Stand - 43%

But, in a show of solidarity, 82% would support a new campaign for a return ... but on the strength of the above, would it be worth it?

Have YOU had your say?

Click on the link here and leave your thoughts ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,20:29)]45% - WOULD return to the North Stand

But, in a show of solidarity, 82% would support a new campaign for a return ... but on the strength of the above, would it be worth it?
This shows that it IS worth it !

Also im sure there are many sufc fans that don't know about SZ and also don't have the net.

Remember most of the people who used to stand in the north bank have grown up and would prefer the east / west, many younger people don't know about the old days so are a little unsure on whether its good or bad

Big YES to it here

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:36)]Also im sure there are many sufc fans that don't know about SZ and also don't have the net.
Indeed. Which is why we pulled in both the Evening Echo and BBC Essex back in 2001 and STILL less than ONE PER CENT of our average attendance back then said that they would move back ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:36)]Remember most of the people who used to stand in the north bank have grown up and would prefer the east / west, many younger people don't know about the old days so are a little unsure on whether its good or bad
Don't be so sure. Of those who have been watching the Shrimpers for 10 years or less (i.e. AFTER we were flung out of the North), just 40% would move ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,20:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:36)]Also im sure there are many sufc fans that don't know about SZ and also don't have the net.
Indeed. Which is why we pulled in both the Evening Echo and BBC Essex back in 2001 and STILL less than ONE PER CENT of our average attendance back then said that they would move back ...

WS
I bet it would be different this time !

Also remember when you camparing it with the attendance that we have alot of older fans who wouldn't vote.

If we can get 500+ people in there in a LEAGUE GAME which i think would be easy, then its worth it for everyone..

Will this be submitted to sufc ?

could be worth having a vote on there site aswell (offical one)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:43)]If we can get 500+ people in there in a LEAGUE GAME which i think would be easy, then its worth it for everyone..

Believe me, it wasn't as easy as you think trying convince people that moving back to the North was a good idea!!

smile.gif

I'll speak to Scriv and see what he says. I think it'll really be down to whether the club would actually entertain the idea of returning to North after the shambolic no-show of four years ago ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,20:29)]40 responses :

45% - WOULD return to the North Stand

55% - WOULD NOT return to the North Stand
Interesting.

We will probably get about 8,000 for Bristol Rovers.

If this survey is representative of our support in general, it would mean we would have problems fitting everyone in the North Bank who wants to go there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,20:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:36)]Remember most of the people who used to stand in the north bank have grown up and would prefer the east / west, many younger people don't know about the old days so are a little unsure on whether its good or bad
Don't be so sure. Of those who have been watching the Shrimpers for 10 years or less (i.e. AFTER we were flung out of the North), just 40% would move ...

WS
So given a free choice just 40% would got to the North Bank.

What are the percentage for the South Upper, East and West stands then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 01 2005,22:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,20:42)]
[b said:

WS
So given a free choice just 40% would got to the North Bank.

Hi Kevin, I saw Jay Smith today. he was hobbling still but looking good in his blue southend top.

Would you like us to move back to the North to create a good atmosphere or are you content with how things are?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,20:29)]45% - WOULD return to the North Stand

This shows that it IS worth it   !

Also im sure there are many sufc fans that don't know about SZ and also don't have the net.

Remember most of the people who used to stand in the north bank have grown up and would prefer the east / west, many younger people don't know about the old days so are a little unsure on whether its good or bad

Big YES to it here
No it doesn't.

45% may move there for one game but I'll bet they would move straight back to their old seats once they realise how bad the view is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 01 2005,23:33)]So given a free choice just 40% would got to the North Bank.

At detailed in the opening post ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,20:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Mar. 01 2005,20:43)]If we can get 500+ people in there in a LEAGUE GAME which i think would be easy, then its worth it for everyone..

Believe me, it wasn't as easy as you think trying convince people that moving back to the North was a good idea!!

smile.gif

I'll speak to Scriv and see what he says. I think it'll really be down to whether the club would actually entertain the idea of returning to North after the shambolic no-show of four years ago ...

WS
But Michael, you are forgetting the fact that 4 years ago we were in a shocking state on the pitch and had been for some time. Apathy was rife and the feeling that noone was listening hung in the air like one one of Michael Jackson's kids off a balcony.

This time things are different. The directors of this club have (in my opinion) turned the place around both on and off the pitch and the good times are coming back. The two instances are not comparable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Mar. 02 2005,09:57)]This time things are different. The directors of this club have (in my opinion) turned the place around both on and off the pitch and the good times are coming back. The two instances are not comparable.
I have to agree with that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2005,09:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 01 2005,23:33)]So given a free choice just 40% would got to the North Bank.

At detailed in the opening post ...

WS
I think what our esteemed skipper was trying to say in his Ilford Oirish way, was that if 45% (and not 40%) want to move to the North Bank, what is the breakdown of where the remaining 55% want to stay.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 02 2005,10:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Mar. 02 2005,09:57)]the feeling that noone was listening hung in the air like one of Michael Jackson's kids off a balcony.
Metaphor of the day...

laugh.gif
Well it was actually good news that he hung that particular kid in the air.......

given what he's currently being accused of doing to them!

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Mar. 02 2005,09:57)]But Michael, you are forgetting the fact that 4 years ago we were in a shocking state on the pitch and had been for some time. This time things are different.
Maybe. Maybe not.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Mar. 02 2005,10:47)]I think what our esteemed skipper was trying to say in his Ilford Oirish way, was that if 45% (and not 40%) want to move to the North Bank, what is the breakdown of where the remaining 55% want to stay.
Ah! OK ...

South Stand - 35%
West Stand - 35%
East Stand - 30%

WS

You could start an online petition in a similar way to the mayoral one. That way, people would have to commit by writing their name. Not failsafe but better, I'd think

Back