• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NO to the swap I like it as it is, and no I don't sit in the south I sit in the East, While I take my hate off to what you guys are doing and yes you have improved the atmosphere, but lets not start changing everything just to suit you there are over 5000 regular fans that like it the way it is, why should it change for a couple of hundred, just cos they shout loudest. Right I shall now ready myself for the abuse which you lot will now dish out :witch Hunt:

can i ask how it would affect you its not changing just for people in north bank but for the players shooting towards the noise.

NO to the swap I like it as it is, and no I don't sit in the south I sit in the East, While I take my hate off to what you guys are doing and yes you have improved the atmosphere, but lets not start changing everything just to suit you there are over 5000 regular fans that like it the way it is, why should it change for a couple of hundred, just cos they shout loudest. Right I shall now ready myself for the abuse which you lot will now dish out :witch Hunt:
agree much prefer shooting to south bank 2nd half. Yes make noise in North bank but please dont think your starting running the club too. Your be wanting to pick the team next! Lets be fair we are **** whichever way we shoot and however loud we sing

IMO its a must, why do you think teams that win the toss at places like Anfield change ends so Liverpool shoot against the Kop in the first half instead of the second?

Let's hope it happens :)

TrueBlue I was refering to changing ends to shoot towards the north bank in 2nd half, not seats.
I prefer the way it is, they will be shooting towards the north in the first half, whenever we have changed ends it just doesn't feel right. When we are playing well the noise comes from the whole of the stadium not just the north bank, when not so good the whole of the stadium is quiet, you do sound good, but please there are many fans at Roots Hall, most that aren't on this forum, most just as passionate as you guys, please don't start trying to change things just because you want it that way, you have the north bank back, be happy with that

Last edited:
TrueBlue I was refering to changing ends to shoot towards the north bank in 2nd half, not seats.
I prefer the way it is, they will be shooting towards the north in the first half, whenever we have changed ends it just doesn't feel right. When we are playing well the noise comes from the whole of the stadium not just the north bank, when not so good the whole of the stadium is quiet, you do sound good, but please there are many fans at Roots Hall, most that aren't on this forum, most just as passionate as you guys, please don't start trying to change things just because you want it that way, you have the north bank back, be happy with that

i really dont see how changing ends will affect you though you still get to see the football afterall it was northbank originally.

IMO its a must, why do you think teams that win the toss at places like Anfield change ends so Liverpool shoot against the Kop in the first half instead of the second?

Let's hope it happens :)

Hopefully people would stay to the end of the match in the North Bank on Friday as absolutely loads left early at the last home game and if the club kicked towards the NB second half there wouldn't be many left to make a noise at the death.

True, I always stay till the end though.

We used to shoot towards the North when I used to stand in there and it worked wonders so let's go back to the good old days :p

I will be there putting my hands up for Southend United FC and getting ready to cheer on my team.

I agree would be nice to be shooting towards the north bank in the 2nd half although in fairness just to be shooting full stop on goal would be an improvement on the last game.

Being back in the north bank hasn't worked so far as we remain inconsistent. Hopefully that'll change soon.

I know but it would be nice those fans, all fans actually, have their time, effort and money repaid.

We should change if the manager and captain think its a good idea, no one else's opinion is relevant. And this is exactly what appears to be happening. All of the posts I have read have been because people think it will help the team.

ps- How can you say 5000 fans like it as it is, ridiculous comment without any evidence

I purchased 9 tickets for the North Stand yesterday. We love it over there. Standing up....lots of noise...banter with the away support. Proper football !!

Back