• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out of interest for those not in the north, how did it sound? Did it look busy in there? Loved the disco chant with everyone bouncing up and down! Superb stuff.

Disco was superb last night. Nice to finally get a couple of goals in front of us as well.

Excellent atmosphere in the NB last night, made me proud to be a Shrimper. Friday nights at Roots Hall are something unique. Only my 3rd time in there (first was Tilson's testimonial, second was some meaningless game against Yeovil at the end of one season) and it was the best atmosphere I've witnessed at the Hall for some time. Constant singing, everyone standing up, intimidating and banter with the opposition fans (who made a bit of noise to be fair). Went a bit quieter in the 2nd half I felt but that's understandable, the game was over. Liked some of the old chants. It'd be better if the away crowds were larger but then if they were we probably wouldn't be allowed in the NB so it's tricky. It was good that we had 2 goals in front of us too (although I do think normally it'd be better to shoot towards the NB in the 2nd half) and the players responded to it, some of them came over at the end which obviously they wouldn't normally do cos it's the away end. My only complaint is that every new chant these days (not just with us but in general) seems to be to that same tune, the 'I wanna go home, I wanna go home' one. Although the 'Kane Ferdinand, he shags who he wants' chant did make me laugh.

Atmosphere sounded great in there last night! typically considering my three times in there this season have been pretty terrible performances without a goal and when i go back to my normal seat in south upper we see two goals!!! That being said I personally thought it was a bit louder against Crawley.

Feels like we got our ground back last night,really makes a difference having the more noisy passionate fans grouped together ,and it seemed to rub off on the other stands.With the standing it will be the nearest some of the younger fans will get to knowing how the old north bank used to be.Well done to the club for actually listening to the fans

not sure if it has been mentioned but their keeper had a nightmare. Having us on his back singing 'dodgy keeper' can't have helped him . Another reason for giving it to us on a regular basis

Now that was good, we were in the west stand, and the atmosphere was electric, the NORTH bank makes so much of a difference, its like our twelve man or even 13th when it gets rocking, it really does affect the rest of the ground. When freddie scored and everyone was chanting his name, i stopped singing to hear what was going on, and all i could hear was all FOUR STANDs singing his name, very very louder, all in unison, AND ALL AS SINGING AS ONE VOICE, bloody excerlent, keep it up NORTH BANK, you really do make a big big differance, i mean had RON listerned to you years ago, we could have been in the Championship by now. LOL, ish.

Just been a good shout out for the North Bank on http://www.phoenixfm.com

The presenter was in the north bank last night and was raving about the atmosphere! Even played a bit of pig bag and sang duh duh duh duh Freddy Eastwood on air!

Loved the atmosphere last night. East stand, east stand - give us a wave! :smile:

Now we have got them waving at us, how about East/South/West Stand give us a song. Get them singing 'we love you Southend we do' in turn and then maybe even try getting the whole ground to sing it at once.

Another point from friday night, IMO the atmosphere helped the boys no end, how can you fail to be lifted by such a great support, its actually a bit embarassing when you look at how dead the hall has been even when we were cruising at the top of the league there was a poop atmosphere, shame on us tbh.

The North bank sounds fantastic at the moment but what happens when we play a side who want to bring a few thousand down I suppose we will get kicked out again and have to like it and lump it. Whats the max the opposition can bring before we again get moved out for crowd control reasons?

Its simple just give 1200 max to away support and we can still squeeze in there .

The North bank sounds fantastic at the moment but what happens when we play a side who want to bring a few thousand down I suppose we will get kicked out again and have to like it and lump it. Whats the max the opposition can bring before we again get moved out for crowd control reasons?
Only wombles will bring a good crowd but i cant see it being more than half the north bank!

Why can't we just put them in the south lower? Exit for away fans to the east and home fans in the upper tier to the west?

That way all our problems are easily solved!

Back