• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why can't we just put them in the south lower? Exit for away fans to the east and home fans in the upper tier to the west?

That way all our problems are easily solved!

Not easily solved at all unfortunately.

The Northbank entrances are segregated. To get in and out of the south they will be using same areas as home fans.

I would imagine some Southend supporters actually want to sit there too.

Not easily solved at all unfortunately.

The Northbank entrances are segregated. To get in and out of the south they will be using same areas as home fans.

I would imagine some Southend supporters actually want to sit there too.
Not just entrances, toilets and catering outlets too. Plus there are quite a few supporters who walk round via South Lower once it's emptied out, that'd be much more difficult if it was given to Away supporters.

Wasn't there a time when East Blues was suggested as an Away area? That would work a lot more easily than any other part of the ground.

Not just entrances, toilets and catering outlets too. Plus there are quite a few supporters who walk round via South Lower once it's emptied out, that'd be much more difficult if it was given to Away supporters.

Wasn't there a time when East Blues was suggested as an Away area? That would work a lot more easily than any other part of the ground.

I think the setup Friday was fine.

Put them in the East Stand and its the quietest stand so the away fans will dominate the whole stand, plus no way to account for bigger away followings.

In league two letting them having half or less of the North Bank seems easiest and most logical.

We sit in the East Greens, about 6 rows back from home dug out......North Bank were absolutely tremendous last night, just like the old days That's what the "extra man" is all about!!!!!

Got to sign off now, getting emotional!!!!!

That's what it is all about! I just got goose bumps! Well done Smiffy et al!!!!

Spot on. They only have to be given a minimum of 10% of overall capacity.

Well there wont be many clubs in league two who will bring more than 1200, but if a club wants to bring 2000 do we really want to turn down the extra money ?!

Not an issue now, but should we manage to go up there will be a few clubs willing to bring a big crowd.

north bank banter was fantastic,I especially loved the reply to the usual "Southends a sh..hole ,absolute classic!Keep it up .

north bank banter was fantastic,I especially loved the reply to the usual "Southends a sh..hole ,absolute classic!Keep it up .

What was the reply ?

I could hear the northbank from the family enclosure, but couldnt make out chants most of the time. Love the Roots Hall acoustics :sad:

I have just been informed that the North Bank will be open for the AFC Wombles game. But, we may only have Block NA available depending on the amount Wombles bring. The club will open Block NB as well, if there is adequate room taking into account the required segregation.

Advice is to get tickets/transfer NOW to avoid missing out. BIG crowd expected. Should be a cracker. Get your backsides in there people.

Great move by the club to open up the North Bank for the run in. Accoustics are better than any other part of the ground. Well done for all of those seated (LOL) there and helping with the atmosphere. Keep it up.

I have just been informed that the North Bank will be open for the AFC Wombles game. But, we may only have Block NA available depending on the amount Wombles bring. The club will open Block NB as well, if there is adequate room taking into account the required segregation.

Advice is to get tickets/transfer NOW to avoid missing out. BIG crowd expected. Should be a cracker. Get your backsides in there people.

thanks for the heads up smiffy will be down ticket office first thing in mornin

Breaking news, me and Paul are back for this one, which also means an all-day session.

Have the club ever thought of putting away fans in the South stand?

Surely if required we can go round in to the corner of the North Bank so 1 or 2 blocks doesn't matter?

Back