• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have just been informed that the North Bank will be open for the AFC Wombles game. But, we may only have Block NA available depending on the amount Wombles bring. The club will open Block NB as well, if there is adequate room taking into account the required segregation.

Advice is to get tickets/transfer NOW to avoid missing out. BIG crowd expected. Should be a cracker. Get your backsides in there people.

What is the 'required segregation' Smiffy? Is it a league rule, police directive and does it vary depending on who we are playing? I wouldn't want to be only one block away from Millwall if we were both in there (even though they're not scary anymore). I'm not sure what the overall capacity of the north bank is but if we are only given say 25% the away 50% with 25% as a buffer and we were drowned out by superior numbers we could loose our 12th man home advantage.

Wimbledon took more fans to bristol than we did a couple of weeks back something over 600 so dont be at all surprised to see wimbledon bringing a 1000 fans like they did for dagenham or even a few hundred more on a bank holiday monday afternoon , as it will be a easy trip up on the train for them to make a day out of it

What is the 'required segregation' Smiffy? Is it a league rule, police directive and does it vary depending on who we are playing? I wouldn't want to be only one block away from Millwall if we were both in there (even though they're not scary anymore). I'm not sure what the overall capacity of the north bank is but if we are only given say 25% the away 50% with 25% as a buffer and we were drowned out by superior numbers we could loose our 12th man home advantage.

It's a good question mate. And one I don't really know the answer to.

I remember when I was in the North for the game v Yeovil at the back end of the 04/05 season. There was hardly any segregation then. You could almost lean over and touch the Yeovil fans next to us. Hence why that game was and still is the biggest all seated attendance at The Hall....around 11,700 If I remember rightly.

So I'm not sure if there is a stipulated amount of segregation given by the FL. Perhaps it has changed since then. I presume it is done on "risk factor" as well. We are hardly likely to be given the North if Millwall/Col Ewe/Orient etc are in town. Even if they only brought a few hundred down.

I believe the North itself holds around 2,700 (which includes the "wedge block") AFC Wombles will be given a max of 1,200 I'm told. Which would probably take them to behind the goal if they sell them all. I would say around 300 seats will be used as "segregation" leaving us around 1,200 seats to occupy also (including "wedge block") If they don't sell their allocation, then of course that will mean the segregation can be shifted a bit further to the East end of the North and give us a few extra seats. Either way, this will be the biggest vocal battle the North Bank will of had to face to date. This is a good thing, dont worry...BUT we must, must fill it or we will face a massive struggle if Wombles bring a large following.

Step up to the plate people. Get yourself a seat in the North Bank and let's keep the 12th man spirit alive. This is going to be a mega battle and those in the North and on the pitch need your help. It doesn't take 2 mins to ring the ticket office and transfer your season card seat over. Or alternatively pop in when you have a moment. If you have been thinking about going in there, this is the game you NEED to do it. Let's not be outnumbered in there.

There is a big write up in today's echo about last Friday night by Berni Friend, entitled "Night our North Bank was reborn"

There is a big write up in today's echo about last Friday night by Berni Friend, entitled "Night our North Bank was reborn"

A great article it is as well.

Gave me goose bumps.

The last couple of paragraphs are superb...

"....If you need proof, just ask Cheltenham's calamity keeper, who was left shaking in his gloves, following a first half savaging from the snarling monster behind his back, throwing two of Blues goals into his own net.."

Well done Bernie

Last edited:
Cracking article.

If you need any more persuading than we can give on here then just read this, it just might make your mind up...
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/9628697.Night_our_North_Bank_was_reborn/

Yeah fantastic article..certainly got my juices going. Rang work straight away, told them I wouldn't be in on Monday after all and shot down the ticket office and got myself a couple of North bank tickets. Have been harping on at my son how good the NB was back in the old days, so I now I just hope we can recreate Fridays attmosphere, and I 'm not left with egg on my face and regreting missing out on bank hol tripple time pay day.

Definitely getting involved for this. Any idea on how many tickets are sold so far? Think I'll have to book in advance for this one.

Hi Chaps, going to my first game in ages today and Mrs Drastic is coming too. We want to go in the North Bank for the atmosphere but Mrs Drastic is a bit nervous about getting squished when we score. Where would you reccomend we get tickets for, and where is the best view?
Ta in advance,
Drastic.

You'll be fine in there just don't head into the middle of the core group. It's still "seated" so there's not going to be any crowding as such when we score!

Back