• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank

A fitting end to The Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 72 83.7%
  • No (state why?)

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Not Sure (state why?)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I would be delighted to see Southend fans back in the North Bank but would not go there myself as I am more than happy with my seat in the South Upper.

I think its a good idea and a great way to end our time at Roots hall. I wouldnt want to sit there personally as I prefer the view from the East Stand.

One point Id make is that there is more noise in the East stand now than there used to be when the North Bank was in action.

Whilst there may be noise generated from the north bank I think it would have a detrimental effect to other areas of the ground.

If the annoying bloke behind me moves there though I would be delighted !

I've voted no - I think one of the causes of lack of atmosphere is seating and in particular allocated seating.

The view from the North Bank is awful so wouldn't move from south upper. If it were to go back to terracing (I know this won't happen) I'd be over like a shot.

I'm a no for sitting in the north bank, but that's just me as I prefer sitting on the half way line. Hate sitting behind a goal as I feel you lose perspective.

However, I think it is a good idea.

Same for me. I don't think you can really have the best view and the best atmosphere at Roots Hall but good luck to those who want to. I expect Id go from time to time.

Not being a seaso I change where I sit. Sometimes the West, sometimes the South Upper, very occasionally the East. If the North Bank were to re-open I'd pop along a few times to see what it was like.

If we got in there for one match and try to repeat the vocals from decades ago, then i can see my shins getting slaughtered on the back of the seats when doing a rendition of 'Knees up mother brown'!.

I think its a good idea and a great way to end our time at Roots hall. I wouldnt want to sit there personally as I prefer the view from the East Stand.

One point Id make is that there is more noise in the East stand now than there used to be when the North Bank was in action.

Whilst there may be noise generated from the north bank I think it would have a detrimental effect to other areas of the ground.

If the annoying bloke behind me moves there though I would be delighted !
The acoustics at Roots Hall are amazing. I haven't more then 5 people sing together at one point from that stand and I've never heard more then 3 chants in one game from the stand.

I love my front row South Upper seat, have sat on the North Bank once before (a freebie from a Palace player my mate knew (Simon Rodger)) absolutely lousy view.

I think if standing i would be a regular, and i would defo go back for Cup games etc. However as uncomfortable as the East Greens are they cannot be as bad as the NB with Seats

I wouldn't move but would be nice to have the option. I prefer to sit along the halfway line, think it gives you the best view of the game, plus where I sit (East Reds) can abuse the away teams management team and subs.

Yes, in 2008-09 season, Root Hall will host League 1 or Championship (if we sign Dickson or Fallon and go up) for last time, so why not to go out with a bang by letting the home fans in North Bank.

The acoustics at Roots Hall are amazing. I haven't more then 5 people sing together at one point from that stand and I've never heard more then 3 chants in one game from the stand.

Songs do get sung there and certainly by more than 5 people.

Its certainly the quietest stand but its noiser than you suggest.

When the north bank was ours there was no singing whatsoever.

Songs do get sung there and certainly by more than 5 people.

Its certainly the quietest stand but its noiser than you suggest.

When the north bank was ours there was no singing whatsoever.

very true... If u turn up your pc and watch seconds before our goal goes in you can clearly hear us from the back of Yellows/Blues singing ''WE ARE THE EAST STAND WE ARE THE EAST STAND OF ROOT HALL........''

Happy Days..............

very true... If u turn up your pc and watch seconds before our goal goes in you can clearly hear us from the back of Yellows/Blues singing ''WE ARE THE EAST STAND WE ARE THE EAST STAND OF ROOT HALL........''

Happy Days..............

Good to see that The Blue Voice initiative is starting to have an effect on the atmosphere, in shall we say, the quieter sections of the ground..

;)

Back