• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank

A fitting end to The Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 72 83.7%
  • No (state why?)

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Not Sure (state why?)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
If we was given the opportunity to use the North Bank for the last couple of seasons at RH, would you be interested in sitting there, either as a STH or Non-STH?

I think it would be great to say goodbye to RH properly by getting us all back in there for a season or two.

The noise we could create would be immense.

Forget about the logistics of it all, thats being worked on.

Yes, we know the view isnt great, but what a fitting end to our time at RH it would be.

So, are you in or out?

500% in. losing the north bank was the whole reason the atmosphere isn't all that anymore.

if we got it back then we would create an immense noise. something that would be a great end to roots hall. also make us as fans enjoy the game more rather than sitting there in silence.

clearly there are a lot of issues that need to be looked at but in response to the thread bring back the north bank!!!!!!!!

Yep the Southend Kop would be back and rightly so!

Put the away fans in the south lower (exiting one way with the upper tier the otherway) :)

I'd be in, but only if the stewards weren't going to be a constant nuisance if, god forbid people start standing up and singing.

Never sat there before, but I love sitting behind the goal in the south upper, the only downsides being the lack of atmosphere, space and total inability to stand up (I realise prolonged standing wont be happening if the stewards have anything to do with it).

Yes from me, I'd be 100% behind it.

Yep the Southend Kop would be back and rightly so!

Put the away fans in the south lower (exiting one way with the upper tier the otherway) :)
Trouble with that is I think the food kiosk and toilets are shared by upper, lower and the Family enclosure, and isn't there a set of stairs which come down in the middle of South lower?

I honestly think that the West stand would have to be segregated somehow to accommodate away supporters. There seems to be gates and a parking area at the back of the West stand, it would just need a bit of organisation, particularly again with toilets and food outlets. Similarly the East stand could possibly be "doctored". Not sure the Club would want to spend too much to let us have our old stand back.

If we was given the opportunity to use the North Bank for the last couple of seasons at RH, would you be interested in sitting there, either as a STH or Non-STH?

I think it would be great to say goodbye to RH properly by getting us all back in there for a season or two.

The noise we could create would be immense.

Forget about the logistics of it all, thats being worked on.

Yes, we know the view isnt great, but what a fitting end to our time at RH it would be.

So, are you in or out?

I think the North Bank should be the Blue Voice Stand and the away fans should have half the east or west stand?

But the problem with using either of these two stands for the away fans is that they would use the same exit as the Southend fans, which with a trouble game like Millwall, could cause major problems

Anyone with a away following of 500 or less can go in the North West corner... while we in Divsion One I say 75% of away teams here can we use the North Bank for the home fans...ie Blue voice... as the away fans will have there own entry n exits from the ground with not having to clash with Homes fans esp leaving the ground..

Using the South / East ( great Bars) or west stands is not feasible

I think the North Bank should be the Blue Voice Stand

That indeed is the idea.

That way we will have the noisiest stand and every one in it should in theory be 100% supportive.
We hope this move will go hand in hand with a Blue Voice Membership scheme too, which will include a few tasty benefits for members (we hope!)...

Theres a lot still to discuss with the club and we cannot guarantee it will happen, but the seed has been firmly planted....

That indeed is the idea.

That way we will have the noisiest stand and every one in it should in theory be 100% supportive.
We hope this move will go hand in hand with a Blue Voice Membership scheme too, which will include a few tasty benefits for members (we hope!)...

Theres a lot still to discuss with the club and we cannot guarantee it will happen, but the seed has been firmly planted....

in theory.....

I'm a no for sitting in the north bank, but that's just me as I prefer sitting on the half way line. Hate sitting behind a goal as I feel you lose perspective.

However, I think it is a good idea.

Anyone with a away following of 500 or less can go in the North West corner... while we in Divsion One I say 75% of away teams here can we use the North Bank for the home fans...ie Blue voice... as the away fans will have there own entry n exits from the ground with not having to clash with Homes fans esp leaving the ground..

Using the South / East ( great Bars) or west stands is not feasible
Good shout, seems the best idea as it's hardly used.

Sounds logical. They can be kept penned up until we've all gone home or shepherded out into waiting coaches.

i'm up for that. the noise we created against daggers could be trebled if we were in the north stand.

I wouldn't but then I'm older than a lot on here (obviously not Hooly though!!) & remember standing there.

The atmosphere was partly due to being able to stand.

I will stick with my nice view from the East stand. See I told you I was older!!!

I am not going to vote yet I want to know something first. I sit in the South Upper and wondering will I be effected?? Can I stay where I am??

Back