• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trueblue has gone to an awful lot of trouble to secure use of the Northbank and offer to raise finances to deal with segregation. He is owed a lot of thank yous and a lot of pints. For the more maturing individual such as myself the Northbank holds many fond memories from our yesteryears and beyond that it is the best area for noise amplification. It would be a tragedy to forgo its use because of a mouthy minority.

The club however must be mindful that these acne-louts, whether inciting or reacting, are nothing more than an unwelcome distraction and more of an embarrassment to themselves. I do not support the view of Blueronron as I am sure there are many even on this forum that acted in a similar manner in their youth. Some of these with 'temporary youth driven idiocy' become the upstanding supporters once their testicles drop and hair sprouts from annoying places like the nostrils and the ears.

Offenders should be highlighted to the stewards so they can be removed for the rest of that match and they can be left in no doubt that the vast majority of those in the Northbank will not tolerate unnecessary behaviour. It s time to rally the troops behind Trueblue and make sure his efforts have not been in vain.

Trueblue has gone to an awful lot of trouble to secure use of the Northbank and offer to raise finances to deal with segregation. He is owed a lot of thank yous and a lot of pints. For the more maturing individual such as myself the Northbank holds many fond memories from our yesteryears and beyond that it is the best area for noise amplification. It would be a tragedy to forgo its use because of a mouthy minority.

The club however must be mindful that these acne-louts, whether inciting or reacting, are nothing more than an unwelcome distraction and more of an embarrassment to themselves. I do not support the view of Blueronron as I am sure there are many even on this forum that acted in a similar manner in their youth. Some of these with 'temporary youth driven idiocy' become the upstanding supporters once their testicles drop and hair sprouts from annoying places like the nostrils and the ears.

Offenders should be highlighted to the stewards so they can be removed for the rest of that match and they can be left in no doubt that the vast majority of those in the Northbank will not tolerate unnecessary behaviour. It s time to rally the troops behind Trueblue and make sure his efforts have not been in vain.

<< This.

I think THE-WAR-CHEST laying the blame at True Blue's door is well out of line. I think Scott comes in for a lot of unfair stick for things like this purely due to his involvement in TBV and being one of our most recognisable fans. From what I've seen in recent times he's been the one pulling these pre-pubescent scrotes away from the fire when they're offering out much older opposition fans.

I do think extra stewarding for this part of the ground is going to be seen as a chronic waste of resources to an already debt-ridden club but if, as Scott suggests, money could be raised by the fans to control the fans then so be it.

I for one will be back in the North Bank on Saturday but am hopeful we'll concentrate on backing the boys during a tough fixture rather than the handbags at dawn started by a bunch of schoolboys.

<< This.

I think THE-WAR-CHEST laying the blame at True Blue's door is well out of line. I think Scott comes in for a lot of unfair stick for things like this purely due to his involvement in TBV and being one of our most recognisable fans. From what I've seen in recent times he's been the one pulling these pre-pubescent scrotes away from the fire when they're offering out much older opposition fans.

I do think extra stewarding for this part of the ground is going to be seen as a chronic waste of resources to an already debt-ridden club but if, as Scott suggests, money could be raised by the fans to control the fans then so be it.

I for one will be back in the North Bank on Saturday but am hopeful we'll concentrate on backing the boys during a tough fixture rather than the handbags at dawn started by a bunch of schoolboys.

To be fair to the war chest I know him hes one of my good pals and I know he is trying to wind me up so he's ok

Wasn't there last night , and certainly not defending the 13 and 14 year olds who by all accounts got over excited.
Really hope that whatever necessary is done to preserve the North Bank as True Blue and others have worked hard to create an excellent atmosphere ( can't believe some saying it's quiet ?? ).
But what I want to say is 13 and 14 year olds by their very nature will 'posture' , 'pose' and 'show off' at football.
Yes they would almost all run a mile if anything kicked off and are mostly doing it because they know they are 'safe' , but it is almost a 'passage of rights' to go through this nobby phase of 'giving it large etc'.

Not defending their behaviour and hope it does not spoil things for the North on a semi-regular basis , but unfortunately we can't be born mature and have to all learn over time.
Young teenagers all acting sensibly would be wrong IMO.

I have to say I didn't realise notice much from the South Upper. I saw one Bury lad, in white looked like a grey or light coloured jacket, running up and down the gangway stairs. Then a little bit of finger pointing. That was in the first half. In the second I noticed the stewards wandering among the Southend supporters and that was it really.

I'm wondering if this is being talked up into more than it actually was? It seemed more of a minor incident soon quelled.

Easy solution. A couple of Jimmy Saville Looky-Likeys armed with pots of Vaseline should patrol the North Bank and offer to "fix it" for any unruly youths in the lavvies. Job done. Any volunteers?

It was a load of handbags stuff. Hardly worthy of a post. The biggest event of the night was a few sixteen years old throwing tea over each other.

What he said.

DtS was right it was all handbags really.

But having said that some of the Bury fans seemed to be up for a ruck from early in the evening, did hear that Tarquin was cornered by some of them when he went to get some chips from the Fish House and they were trying to provoke him into a reaction; don't know whether these were the same half dozen who appeared to come out of the Blue Boar just before the start but those were pretty p****** up and were being quite aggressive in the street and looked like the same ones who were then giving it large in the North. They really were ejection fodder for the stewards from the start; actually, if they were as p****** up as they looked they probably shouldn't even have been allowed in.

And to back up Scott, you were correct in what you saw, OBL, it was Scott trying to get everyone back on the right side of the netting. Scott is not the hothead that a lot on here seem to think he is, he possibly was once, but that's not the Scott who's worked so hard to build bridges with the club and get the North back for us; having done that he's the last person who would want to jeopardise what having the North available for TBV has meant for the atmosphere in the ground.

On here we have a lot of discussion about what TBV is, or is not, but it is not a formal club with a defined membership just a loose association of anyone who wants to vocally support our club, whatever part of the ground they're in. However now we've got the North back I think that all of us in there should have a good think about what it means and what has been achieved and make a clear pledge to ourselves and each other that if you are a true member of TBV you will not put all this in jeopardy by encroaching into the netted segregation area. You can jump up and down, have your banter with the oppo, etc., without going into the netting, in other words, there is, literally, A LINE WE SHOULD NOT CROSS.

Was a bit surprised at how easily the netting moved to be honest but when I had a quick look it appears that it's not even tied down, seems to be more like just laid on the seats; don't know whether you think that's worth mentioning to Jobbo, Scott?

This might sound a bit extreme, but a possible suggestion would be a North Bank/TBV Membership? Say £5 every 6 months to pay for safe segregation, and you can't get into North Bank without a membership card (Checked by a steward at the entrence via Block W/V). This should be enough to pay for the extra stewards (£35 Per Game), and also possibly raise money for better segregation permanently Simple idea is, if you can't be bothered to pay for a 'membership' and pay to support the North Bank safely, then you stay out of there.

Although this wouldn't be good on the side of ticket sales E.G. If someone wants to try North Bank, then we could do a trial of a one or two games for free, then enforce the £5 fee? This way regulars to North Bank are known, and know the rules; if they cause trouble and have 'membership' they get banned from North Bank. It should take away the problems of idiots in the North Bank, and hopefully keep it for the people who behave and want to enjoy the atmosphere.

Maybe I've over-thought it, but surely it's a way to raise money and ensure we keep North Bank?

I started standing in the north bank when we fist moved there because I like to stand and I enjoy a good atmosphere but the las couple of games have started to put me off. The amount of kids who go in there trying to give it the big one over 10 metres of netting is just embarrassing, it's not 'hard' and it just makes us look a bit silly. Ive had to sit through some idiots saying how they were going to knock Kevan hurst out in the car park after he missed a last minute free kick, a group of kids aged about 12 too busy screaming and swearing at the away fans to realise the goal we had scored had been disallowed minutes before.... It's a shame after all the work the blue voice and true blue have done to get the north back that its being ruined by a minority who will only lead to others moving away, there doesn't seem to be a game without a storm I the teacup drama recently which doesn't help anyone.

DtS was right it was all handbags really.

But having said that some of the Bury fans seemed to be up for a ruck from early in the evening, did hear that Tarquin was cornered by some of them when he went to get some chips from the Fish House and they were trying to provoke him into a reaction; don't know whether these were the same half dozen who appeared to come out of the Blue Boar just before the start but those were pretty p****** up and were being quite aggressive in the street and looked like the same ones who were then giving it large in the North. They really were ejection fodder for the stewards from the start; actually, if they were as p****** up as they looked they probably shouldn't even have been allowed in.

And to back up Scott, you were correct in what you saw, OBL, it was Scott trying to get everyone back on the right side of the netting. Scott is not the hothead that a lot on here seem to think he is, he possibly was once, but that's not the Scott who's worked so hard to build bridges with the club and get the North back for us; having done that he's the last person who would want to jeopardise what having the North available for TBV has meant for the atmosphere in the ground.

On here we have a lot of discussion about what TBV is, or is not, but it is not a formal club with a defined membership just a loose association of anyone who wants to vocally support our club, whatever part of the ground they're in. However now we've got the North back I think that all of us in there should have a good think about what it means and what has been achieved and make a clear pledge to ourselves and each other that if you are a true member of TBV you will not put all this in jeopardy by encroaching into the netted segregation area. You can jump up and down, have your banter with the oppo, etc., without going into the netting, in other words, there is, literally, A LINE WE SHOULD NOT CROSS.

Was a bit surprised at how easily the netting moved to be honest but when I had a quick look it appears that it's not even tied down, seems to be more like just laid on the seats; don't know whether you think that's worth mentioning to Jobbo, Scott?

Was mentioned about the netting

Update I have a meeting at the club on Monday to sort the north problems once and for all

I was in the North Bank last night. I took a work colleague, a Rangers fan from Glasgow, and his first words were...'Loud in here, innit...'
I thought the atmosphere was fantastic yesterday and the support at the shoot-out was a contributing to us winning it. It never felt nervy or like we was going to lose.
Saying that, I think the current set up is a ticking time bomb. A few minor incidents so far but I think it's not long before one idiot (home or away fan) loses us the North Bank and all the good work is undone.

For the more maturing individual such as myself the Northbank holds many fond memories from our yesteryears .

Agreed. On Saturday us old Leigh Comm/ North Bank 'chaps' (circa 1969-77) are having a 're-union', and around a dozen of us will be going in the North Bank for nostalgic memories.
Expect Bradford to muster a decent crowd, so the atmosphere should be good. And True Blue can be assured that our croaky old voices will be joining in with the 'choir'!.
Just dont start a 'knees up Mother Brown' chant, as our joints will probably strain to keep up!.

Wasn't there last night as was out of the country , but I stand (and sing loudly ) in the North bank with my son . We tend to cheer on the team and watch the match . It makes me smile when i come on here and read about this and that trouble as we never see it as we are too tied up watching the match.:smile:

Back