• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have seen just as many fully grown adults acting like a fool in the north bank as younger kids! talk about scapegoats!

Was mentioned about the netting

Update I have a meeting at the club on Monday to sort the north problems once and for all

Hope it goes well and positively, Scott. You can see from this thread that a lot of people are really appreciative of all you've done to get the North Bank back.

:loyalsupporter:

From the Shakers board:-

Quite surprised to hear that there were 101 of us there, I counted 67 just before kick off. However it was more realistically 99 Bury fans as there were 2 Colchester fans stood behind us who had come to support Bury as their Essex Cup Game at Brentwood had been called off, they agreed that we were much the better side and were amazed that the game was still on, which was a good point as the pitch looked frozen to me.

Not much else to say apart from I was absolutely gutted that we lost on penalties, Wozza's and Hughes' were very poor and made for easy saves for their keeper, and Hewitt's nearly hit the bleeding corner flag.

One final note, Southend fans are absolute muppets, threw a ball onto the pitch whislt we were on what looked a very promising attack in the second half, which led to a few of our fans getting angry at them, so these pikey Southend fans decided to break past the 2 stewards, ripped down the plastic sheet separating us and stormed into our end, which led to 3 of our fans being chucked out but none of theirs... Absolute farce.

Oh, and it was absolute freezing.

I started standing in the north bank when we fist moved there because I like to stand and I enjoy a good atmosphere but the las couple of games have started to put me off. The amount of kids who go in there trying to give it the big one over 10 metres of netting is just embarrassing, it's not 'hard' and it just makes us look a bit silly. .

Kind of takes me back to the good old days when away fans, for the most part, were far away. Firstly I remember being a 13/14 year old acting hard so let's not be too harsh on them. Secondly I fondly remember the Bolton game where they ran the pitch at the end to be confronted by the die hards and with the kids in the North doing their Linford Christie impersonations. I remember fondly standing in the North watching it unfold in front of me then looking around to find a near deserted stand in milliseconds. Very funny.

Echo the sentiments on Scott and his efforts here. Sometimes takes comments to heart but always acknowledges when he has done so. Just as in this thread.

Ho about a hastily convened handout in the North. Keep the atmos, keep the banter with the away fans, keep the line.

You had around 12 Bury 'Lads' who traveled down kitted out in the usual fashion they are game lads lets face it as would be the same at any club and none of our kids would have stood there just ran away, but it should not even get to that in the first place!!!

Feeling like all the hard work is going to get undone now by plenty of ungrateful and uncontrollable *****

scott, u done a fantastic job getting tbv in there, an i reckon people have forgotten how much work u and the others put in to get us in there, and people should remember, if we lose it again we wont be in there before fossetts farm ( if that ever happens)

Hi Scott.
Might be worth printing out a reminder, and handing them to all that enter the North Bank. I am sure that most of those young lads are not members on Shrimperzone, or have never visited Shrimperzone online. So they have no idea about all the work you have done to get the North Bank for Southend fans. They would also not be aware that their behaviour could help to keep it open for Southend fans, or could lose it at a drop of a hat.
Might be worth a try. It would make all fans in there think twice before reacting to, or starting on away fans.

Like I have said going to go into a meeting Monday about all of this - if we lose it well put it this way you got yourselves to blame and your on your own as far as I am concerned.

We will see what happens.

Like I have said going to go into a meeting Monday about all of this - if we lose it well put it this way you got yourselves to blame and your on your own as far as I am concerned.

But you know we wont lose after we spoke to Jobbo on Tuesday ....................but You make a fair point which i am sure both you and Smiffy brought up when the NB first happened and that is if the fans behave we keep it and if they dont we lose it.

Still think yet again the Zone are making a mountain out of a mole hill but thats just my opinion (which 9/10 times is worthless)

As THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK pointed out though , please be aware that a lot of the younger NB fans are not Zone members , so have no idea what has been done and what might be lost.

Just a point on this, a lot of chants were directed at the Bury fans in the first half. Winding them up chanting you always run from the Southend. I'm sure this don't help.

I find this comment slightly irritating tbh. No one myself included doubts the impact that scott has had on getting the northbank up and running and also maintaining the blue voice , to cast accusations purely at everyone else is double standards.

There has been plenty of occasions when you have been insighting the away support with verbal and aggression so i think its a bit rich to opt out of any blame.

For me personally i love the banter and i enjoy the heated exchanges that go on as long as nobody gets hurt and its contained , which tbf is getting harder seemingly by the game.

I think we should just have an away end of 1200 (2000 for bigger games) for away fans with a decent partition and then this really will just be a debate about football.

I think people harp on too much about being a family club. Sure i take my boy as and when and if i wanted to have a slightly less hostile matchday experience there is the west east and south to go.

The game is what you make by choosing where and with whom you sit with.

Makes me laugh at all the people who sit on there hands in the east and dont vocally encourage the team , but always find the time to come on here and slate the north for being to boisterous.

In my view in football words are words and actions are actions the latter is no good

I agree with that. But such chanting does rev up both set of fans, then theres always a chance of people over stepping the mark.

Football's ****. This behaviour woud've been normal a few years back. Unfortunately football's changed, and even a bit of "banter" is overstepping the mark. Hope we can stay in the North Bank.

Football's ****. This behaviour woud've been normal a few years back. Unfortunately football's changed, and even a bit of "banter" is overstepping the mark. Hope we can stay in the North Bank.

Exactly what has happened in the North Bank recently is very mild compared to what went on in the 80's and 90's. A real solution seeing as all this winding up Away fans sisnt acceptable anymore is to move away fans into the Northwest corner and give us the away end North bank. That way there will be less confrontation with away fans and not so many people will be offended!!

I find this comment slightly irritating tbh. No one myself included doubts the impact that scott has had on getting the northbank up and running and also maintaining the blue voice , to cast accusations purely at everyone else is double standards.

There has been plenty of occasions when you have been insighting the away support with verbal and aggression so i think its a bit rich to opt out of any blame.

For me personally i love the banter and i enjoy the heated exchanges that go on as long as nobody gets hurt and its contained , which tbf is getting harder seemingly by the game.

I think we should just have an away end of 1200 (2000 for bigger games) for away fans with a decent partition and then this really will just be a debate about football.

I think people harp on too much about being a family club. Sure i take my boy as and when and if i wanted to have a slightly less hostile matchday experience there is the west east and south to go.

The game is what you make by choosing where and with whom you sit with.

Makes me laugh at all the people who sit on there hands in the east and dont vocally encourage the team , but always find the time to come on here and slate the north for being to boisterous.

No I don't threaten and I certainly don't approach

Big test tomorrow for the north bankers, I'm expecting a good turn out from Bradford and the fact that they are doing well, top of the table clash etc it could be a cracking atmosphere. I urge the the north bank to direct their energy and support towards the team. Yes, they have much to brag about and rightly so, but with our support and backing I see no reason why we can't beat them....they are not in any way invincible. UTB

Big test tomorrow for the north bankers, I'm expecting a good turn out from Bradford and the fact that they are doing well, top of the table clash etc it could be a cracking atmosphere. I urge the the north bank to direct their energy and support towards the team. Yes, they have much to brag about and rightly so, but with our support and backing I see no reason why we can't beat them....they are not in any way invincible. UTB

I am not at the game tomorrow but I implore everybody to get behind the team and resist temptation to goad away fans - Bradford are not generally a support to be messed with having taken a slap first hand up there back in our promotion season they have the fans to cause trouble so please guys use your brain Saturday

The north bank is great. Youth get to gob off.. Twenty somethings get to let off some steam
Older farts get to relive their youth n show their kids where they used to have fun before they got middle aged and boring
If there is the odd altercationso what. That's football

Being and older fart of the North Bank, just to the right of the main block. LOL

I remember being in the North Bank, when Derby county invaded the pitch, and watching about 500 or what looked like that number of 13-15 year olds all running away of to the north east exit of the pitch and away from the invading Derby county, none of them hung around to give it the big one.

I was still standing in the North Bank when the Derby Hoons were clinbing over the riot fences and into the north bank, those hoons looked in a serious mood, so i promptly made my exit.

So i would be pretty sure that if a serious group of away fans got over the netting that most of the kids, "not all" but most would be on their toes, and proberly would not return.

But i hope it never gets to that stage, as i love the freedem of the north bank, of just turning up when you want and sitting where you want.

All i can say is keep up the good work in keeping us in the north stand.

Back