• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's rarely as good as it was today. A miserable half-time, followed by the best half of football I can remember in years. Yes, Northampton had chances, but you never felt that they'd stay in front for long. Oh, and as for our 'hoofball' problem, take a trip to Sixfields. Don't pay to get in, as you'll see most of their play from the top of that hill.

So many positives...Moshni, well, he can have my babies (my lady wife is in agreement).

Great performances all over the park. As mentioned above, Sampson looks the real deal, and Martin and Benyon will be a handful when fully fit. Brilliant save from Morris, although Sturrock's insistence on not having a keeper on the bench makes me nervous. I won't do ratings because, like all of us, I can't watch eleven players all at once and rate them accurately. Besides, I enjoy reading everyone else's vastly differing, often brilliantly eccentric scores and then complaining about them. Fill yer boots!

A special mention for Peter Gilbert, who I like, and who had a good game. Don't forget how great our defence was earlier in the season, and he's been a constant. He'll have enjoyed stuffing the Cobblers, too.

What fun.

Wow. What a day. What a game.

First half, we were on top but Northampton took their chances and looked dangerous. Our defence seemed quite wary of the pitch and both goals we conceded were down to errors - the first particularly was a horror show. Whilst the first half was fairly mundane, I didnt hear anyone at half time saying anything other than we'd get the win.

Then the second half. Now, I know (coz I am sad) that I've been to 644 first class matches in my time, but I reckon that was the best 45 minutes of football I've seen. We threw the kitchen sink at them for 15 minutes, how we didn't score at least one I don't know. Northampton were throwing bodies at everything. Then we got a penalty which Dicko hammered home. We then gave them the kitchen sink and they threw it at us. Morris made a quality save, they nearly scored when he air shotted a clearance and then they hit the post. Mohsni came on and got a third, which took the roof off. Dicko a fourth and then Mohsni a fifth.

Sampson looks like he could be a bit special. Large lump who looks comfortable on the floor. Dicko won pretty much everything and Mohsni was the cherry on the top.

An awesome day out. :)

Absolutely superb..:smile:

Nervy 1st half & whatever PS said at half time was inspirational, were a completely different team after the break.

Cant single any player out as our best, they were all fantastic.

My girl's first away game & she loved it. I think she got all our second half goals on her fone lol..:smile:

A truly fantastic 2nd half display - one of the best I've seen for quite a while. Highlight for me was Bil's first goal - his cross field pass to Hall was top top class and then he raced into the box to get on the end of Hall's cross - the best 1-2 you'll see for some time!!! Thought Martin caused trouble whenever he got the ball and Sampson looked very bright in his short cameo. Despite the rocky first half where we defended badly,great to see the fight and will to win in the 2nd.

Nothing to do with offside! They were moaning, saying that it came off a Southend player and should have been their throw and the ref got it wrong by giving it to us. Gilbo took it quickly, threw it to Sampson, who took it down the wing and cut it back for Dicko to finish. One of their fans who texted in said we shouldn't have been allowed to take the quick throw :-/

I think Mohsni took the quick throw to Sampson...

It's rarely as good as it was today. A miserable half-time, followed by the best half of football I can remember in years. Yes, Northampton had chances, but you never felt that they'd stay in front for long. Oh, and as for our 'hoofball' problem, take a trip to Sixfields. Don't pay to get in, as you'll see most of their play from the top of that hill.

So many positives...Moshni, well, he can have my babies (my lady wife is in agreement).

Great performances all over the park. As mentioned above, Sampson looks the real deal, and Martin and Benyon will be a handful when fully fit. Brilliant save from Morris, although Sturrock's insistence on not having a keeper on the bench makes me nervous. I won't do ratings because, like all of us, I can't watch eleven players all at once and rate them accurately. Besides, I enjoy reading everyone else's vastly differing, often brilliantly eccentric scores and then complaining about them. Fill yer boots!

A special mention for Peter Gilbert, who I like, and who had a good game. Don't forget how great our defence was earlier in the season, and he's been a constant. He'll have enjoyed stuffing the Cobblers, too.

What fun.

Mohsni did play a couple of seasons in France as a goalkeeper... :unsure:

BilelL Moshni is back.

Bilel Mohsnii is back it took him 1 minute on the pitch to make his mark whot a 2 goal hero.Im lined up to be his agent at the end of the season.:footballer:

Are you in the Bilel Mohsni fan club now.

Nothing to do with offside! They were moaning, saying that it came off a Southend player and should have been their throw and the ref got it wrong by giving it to us. Gilbo took it quickly, threw it to Sampson, who took it down the wing and cut it back for Dicko to finish. One of their fans who texted in said we shouldn't have been allowed to take the quick throw :-/

Just to clarify your clarification, it was Mohsni who took the throw.

I've been pretty vocal in my criticism of Bilel, hopefully today marks a closing of a chapter and the opening of a new one for this enigma

Echo everything, best awayday out for years.

Defence were indecisive and jumpy in the first half (except Phillips, who was solid throughout) but the midfield were absolutely all over the hime side form the start. That is far and away our best midfield. Hall and Martin were both excellent and now we have a plan B.

Dickinson was excellent, particularly in the last half hour. Sampson looked good and an absolute handful.

That was by far and away the best second half of league 2 football I've ever seen. Brilliant.

What pleased me most is that we kept going and didn't try and keep it in the corners. At 4-2 we could have gone on and scored another 3 or 4. Very entertaining.

This is much more akin to the style and type of performance Sturrocks Plymouth side put in. Fantastic.

A Northampton fan has just commented to me how in his opinion a draw would have been a fair result... not quite sure what game he watched.

Great result top of the league what more can you ask for . Well another left back would be nice .And where does this new striker fit in .Its great to have cover but are we not a little top heavy up front . I suppose with all these games to come this month any injurys are now covered .Still must not moan because WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE .

Back