• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok, having calmed down, I can give an honest reflection on the game.

A terrific 2nd half perfomance, and very good team spirit, they obviously really want this.

Morris - 7 - Could/should have stopped the first going in, but not just hs fault, made a great save from a free kick in the 2nd half which would have seen usgo behind a 3rd time.

Gilbert - 6 - The way he plays with the ball is going to stop him ever getting more than 6, he would not be good enough for league one, but he was solid enough on Saturday. Dealt with their abuse well, and I'm really pleased for him that we battered them at the end.
Barket - 5 - Was disappointed with the skipper. Northampton were going route one every single time, and with his experience he should have organised the back 5 for it early to stop it. Where as, in reality, it caused havoc for the whole first half.
Philips - 7 - Solid, and good talk from him. Should have scored a heared at 2-1. His fitness this season is a big reason for our improvement.
Clohessey - 6 - A typically good, solid performance from the lad.

Martin - 7 - Think he is going to be good, overcomplicated it at times, but took his goal very well.
Kalala - 6 - Due to Northamptons long ball tactic, his job was nulified, struggled to get involved.
Timlin - 7 - Linked up play well (as normal)
Hall - 8 - He must have been involved in 70% of our goals this season - he is real quality.

Dickinson - 9 - What a performance from the big man. Won every flick on (shame Benyon read none of them), fantastic pen, and great finish for the second. Kissing the badge gets him a 9.
Benyon - 6 - Needs time to adapt.

Subs:
Mohsni - 9 - Could have done much more. 15 minutes, 2 goals. Great 1-2 with Hall for his fist goal.
Sampson - 8 - Wow, very impressed with young Jack, start him next week for me.

Sturrock - 10 - Obviously gave a very good team talk at the break, and made excelletn subs at exactly the right time.

Crowd - 9.5 - We were on fire.

And another goal down our left hand side.

Anyone able to show how many goals have come from our left side, compared to the right/centre this season?

Just seems to me, most of the goals we ship are from this side.

Even if that were the case, it's the left midfielders job to come back and help, and the left- CB's job to cover. Che was never helped by Gower going walkies all the time for example.

Their second goal isn't even close to being onside. Alright, it hasn't cost us, but it easily could have done.
View attachment 1694

You paused it about half a second too late!

2zricfn.jpg

It's a marginal call.

Anyone know why there were not any interviews on Blues Player post the Northampton game?

And just to cap it all a staggering win for 'Gary' in Danny Baker's sausage sandwich game on Saturday morning, coming fom 1-0 down against West Ham to win 2-1.

All in all the perfect Saturday.

Even if that were the case, it's the left midfielders job to come back and help, and the left- CB's job to cover. Che was never helped by Gower going walkies all the time for example.

Oh I agree mate, was just pointing out that it appears the left side is our weak link in a defensive capacity.

FWIW, I blame Barker (who for me has been poor lately) for Northampton's 2nd goal. NOT Gilbert.

Last edited:
Unfortunately(if that´s the right word!!) am on long holiday in Tenerife but luckily have BBC TV so watching and cheering the goals as they went in on videoprinter, and texted WATOTLSWATOTL twice excitedly by son. Fantastic! COYB

I've been a Gilbert critic this season but that's harsh to blame his positioning for that.

Barker has had a poor season imo.

I wonder if his contract will be renewed in the summer

I certainly would! Player of the season last year and although he hasn't had a great season so far he's still a great player. It could also be that we are comparing him to Phillips who has been absolutely outstanding so far.

Back