• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Reports and ratings here...

giphy.gif

Nobody played particularly well. Kyprianou looked pretty awful today and Kightly seems to have completely lost it. Wordsworth still can’t be over his recent court case and our strikers still don’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s...

Doesnt sound very positive I must admit!

Pretty bad, that. We made a very poor team look good. Clearly very little confidence in our ranks, but for my money it doesn’t help when we name a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left - hardly surprising when neither of them contribute.

In in terms of ratings you can’t fault Oxley But everyone else was pretty poor. Kyprianou has a shocker.

Brown and the players got us into this mess and needs to get us out of it. There is more quality in that team than any of them have shown of late.

Pretty bad, that. We made a very poor team look good. Clearly very little confidence in our ranks, but for my money it doesn’t help when we name a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left - hardly surprising when neither of them contribute.

In in terms of ratings you can’t fault Oxley But everyone else was pretty poor. Kyprianou has a shocker.

Brown and the players got us into this mess and needs to get us out of it. There is more quality in that team than any of them have shown of late.

That's a shame. He looked really good before the injury, hopefully he can rediscover that sort of form.

No surprise that the rest were poor, some of the more experienced players are really letting us down right now. Hopefully a new manager can spark some sort of fight and enthusiasm, I can't see it happening if Brown stays.

Q. What would you say to people who say a change of manager is needed?

PB: "I would say stick with it. There’s plenty of games to go and the transfer window is still open."

Brown: "Pressure mounts the more you go without a win but if we go back to the way we played against Charlton then we’ll be OK."

Q. How do you turn this around?
PB: "By bringing new players in during the transfer window."

Brown: "I’ve spoken to one or two players and hopefully one will come in on Monday."

Brown: "I’m not blaming young lads, I put them in but one or two got exposed today."

Brown: "My reaction is one of despair. It was a good game first half but strange decisions and silly mistakes by our defenders have cost us in the second half."

All from Chris' twitter.

PB: "I would say stick with it. There’s plenty of games to go and the transfer window is still open."

Brown: "Pressure mounts the more you go without a win but if we go back to the way we played against Charlton then we’ll be OK."

Brown: "I’ve spoken to one or two players and hopefully one will come in on Monday."

Brown: "I’m not blaming young lads, I put them in but one or two got exposed today."

Brown: "My reaction is one of despair. It was a good game first half but strange decisions and silly mistakes by our defenders have cost us in the second half."

All from Chris' twitter.

I thought this was a spoof.

Didn't go to this one today - not because of the poor form etc but work commitments and pending holiday but, I did listen on the radio and in truth it did not sound a very exciting game (although sometimes the presenters dont get that excited).
I really don't where we go from here as it seems confidence has also been lost and for that you have to look at management as a managers role is to enstall confidence.
Be interesting to get the views of some of the 500+ that did go

All from Chris' twitter.

But the players you got in over the summer are responsible for where we are now, what makes you think who you bring in January is going to help!!!!

Match report: Northampton Town 3, Southend United 1

SOUTHEND United slumped to a 3-1 defeat at struggling Northampton Town this afternoon to heap more pressure on manager Phil Brown.

More...

Monday was worse! Poor penalty to give away so early in 2nd half.
Had to laugh at Wordsworth's shot in 2nd half that nearly hit the left handside corner flag, and apparently he wants more money!
At 2-1 down we had good chances to draw 2-2. Keep the faith fellow Shrimpers but my god the Abbot Ale helps!!

So another defeat to a team below us, another away defeat conceding three goals. For me this was as bad as it gets. NTFC had scored 9, just 9 goals at home all season and manage to put three past us. What exactly is said at HT who knows. I thought first half we were the better of two very average teams. their goal very lucky, ours a penalty, which it clearly was after macca was fouled, Deme took it well. My feeling was that if we can keep it tight at the back then we have every chance of winning the game. Second half we fell apart. Coker passes to Woody who wasnt looking, they attack, Coker puts in a poor challenge, ref plays a good advantage and then Kypri puts in an equally poor challenge and penalty conceded. There after only one team was going to win it. Somehow their lad hit the crossbar from 6 yards with the goal gaping and inevitably Revell came on and scored a well taken goal. At no stage at 2-1 did you feel we would get back into the game

Positives
Thought Yearwood, Cox, Macca and Turner all did ok and at least worked hard
Deme played very well and was MOM
Oxley played well, no chance with any of the goals

Ok
Kightly tried to do something different but it just didnt happen
Timlin did ok when he came on but as like most of the season was wasteful in possession
Wabo some nice touches and again worked hard

Negatives
Wordsworth - awful and how he stayed on i have no idea
Coker - one of his worst games, second half constantly out of position and slow to get back
Kypri - very poor today, but would stick with him as he has played well this season
MAF - poor, lack of effort and won nothing, again surprised he stayed on when Cox went off
Mcglashan - ineffective, even today as an impact sub, offered no impact

PB - What does he say to the players? What are the tactics? Why take off Cox and Yearwood but leave Wordsworth and MAF on. We are a team of good players but we are not a good TEAM. Time must be up

The Fans - stayed as much as we could behind the team, but the performance and subs caused a lot of anger and resulted in chanting against Brown that in turn caused anger with some fans annoyed by this. 540 travelled which under the circumstances was another good effort

Word is that Brown is going no where so sounds like we are stuck with him and must hope that from somewhere we can get another 6 or 7 wins to stay up. On todays evidence im not sure where those wins will come from

"Nobody played particularly well. Kyprianou looked pretty awful today and Kightly seems to have completely lost it. Wordsworth still can’t be over his recent court case and our strikers still don’t look like scoring in a month of Sundays."

That tells the situation quite accurately.

"We made a very poor team look good."

Don't agree - Cobblers didn't look good at all.

A few players had that "Oh for #@£@ sake!" look about them. Management is not necessarily about knowing the game. Management is suggested in the name. MANagement. Knowing how to get the best from your staff. Example - in WW1 the huge majority of officers were recruited from university. Never fired a bullet in their life yet they were commanding men that had "been there, done that" yet the officers were paid 7x more. Blackadder's Melchett was so close to the truth.

The best bit of today? The Sainsbury cafe had mince pies for 10p.

"At 2-1 down we had good chances to draw 2-2. Keep the faith fellow Shrimpers but my god the Abbot Ale helps!!"

I feel I need more than that!

Back