• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Rubbish result. Will be worth hearing the views of those that went. In the meanwhile..............I hope your evening is going to be better than our afternoon. Not a lot else to say really.

Northampton Town 4-0 Southend United

Reports and ratings here please.

Glad I went to Peppa Pig World instead of this game.

Really poor showing again, look forward to the latest installment of "must work harder, together" from the usual suspects. Not sure where Phil Brown goes from here.

Looked good first half with no end product, second half a shambles! Awful subs at a poor time! Changes needed on the pitch and in the dugout

BROWN | "From a battling first half performance where we should have gone 1 nil up, to losing 4-0, no I didn't see it coming."

BROWN | "It's a case of getting some kind of consistency. Last week's performance against Millwall was chalk and this was cheese."

Rubbish result. Will be worth hearing the views of those that went. In the meanwhile..............I hope your evening is going to be better than our afternoon. Not a lot else to say really.
should be easy to close this thread now? Losing four zip means nobody has covered themselves in glory

should be easy to close this thread now? Losing four zip means nobody has covered themselves in glory

Not a chance. I expect there will be many pages of pain, anger and Brown stuff to endure on here during the week to come.

Went to see a kinks tribute with the inlaws. Was gutted I couldn't go. Turned out to be a decent show and a poor blues performance......AGAIN!

Wasn't rocket science - strong wind behind they took shots at goal and we didn't. Side seems devoud of confidence, everyone wants the ball middle third of the pitch but as soon as we get near the opposition goal it is like the Chuckle brothers - to me to you to me - anything rather than have a shot at goal. Must have been at least 5 shooting chances first half and not one taken - once second half started it was clear what was going to happen and Northampton got the break with the hand ball but fee kick was defended but they just looked to shoot on sight and we handed them the goal. Penalty - too far away but looked harsh - free kick for 3rd looked to hit middle of goal to me not top corner was on the way back to hotel for fourth. Naive football in the extreme and the Manager has to take responsibility. "Chalk and Cheese" WTF - isn't it his job to ensure that does not happen! Liked Brown but losing patience - this run combined with end of last season is relegation form and please not League 2 again

There is no point criticising Brown. We could lose by a big score Tuesday and Saturday and he is a safe as houses with Ron in charge. Hasn't got the balls to pull the plug. Certain players in the same boat given the lack of depth in the squad. It's poor both on and off the pitch.

Arguably the better side in the first half, then Oxley spilled a shot 0-1, Demetriou got sent off, 0-2, and we fell to bits from that point onwards. We know we're not the best side in this league so if we're going to do well, all 11 players need to be 'at it'. The goalkeeper situation is the most worrying for me - I'm not criticising Oxley who's playing as well as his capabilities allow - but I'd love to know who decided he was good enough to play league 1 football. We've recruited badly in that area, plus chopped keepers twice already this season so don't really want to be doing that again. Not sure what the solution is apart from muddle through, because as I understand it we can't go and get a loan now?

There is no point criticising Brown. We could lose by a big score Tuesday and Saturday and he is a safe as houses with Ron in charge. Hasn't got the balls to pull the plug. Certain players in the same boat given the lack of depth in the squad. It's poor both on and off the pitch.

Complete nonsense. Ron always pulls the plug when required, and appoints well too. And the squad lacks strength, not depth - we're knee deep in players.

Went to see a kinks tribute with the inlaws. Was gutted I couldn't go. Turned out to be a decent show and a poor blues performance

Not surprising, the Kinks were more of a rock band than a blues band.

Match report: Northampton Town 4, Southend United 0

A DISASTROUS second half saw Southend United sink to a depressing 4-0 defeat at Northampton Town this afternoon.

More...

Just a quick one. First half we looked comfortable without offering any real attacking quality. Game was pretty dull but overall we looked like we could come out of the game ok and perhaps nick a win from a set piece. Second half from where I was sitting I would put Oxley at blame for the first goal. After that bad decisions and poor keeping were the order of the day. The thing is I really don't think we were that terrible, but we looked short of confidence and ideas, which is a real worry. Crowd turned on Brown towards the end, particularly his decision to remain with 1 up front despite being 3 and then 4 down. We lacked pace and guile today, with nobody finding any space in clever areas.

Of course, everyone will see the game differently, but after today I don't think we are a terrible team. We look to me like a team who have not been set up effectively and who are very short of confidence. Brown out? Who knows, but we really do need something to freshen us up.

Arguably the better side in the first half, then Oxley spilled a shot 0-1, O'Neill got sent off, 0-2, and we fell to bits from that point onwards. We know we're not the best side in this league so if we're going to do well, all 11 players need to be 'at it'. The goalkeeper situation is the most worrying for me - I'm not criticising Oxley who's playing as well as his capabilities allow - but I'd love to know who decided he was good enough to play league 1 football. We've recruited badly in that area, plus chopped keepers twice already this season so don't really want to be doing that again. Not sure what the solution is apart from muddle through, because as I understand it we can't go and get a loan now?

I would critisise Oxley, as I mentioned in another thread, the Hibernian forum made clear he is not a good keeper. He never seems to make a save. If he had not made the mistake for the first goal then its a totally different game with possibly a more cheerful outcome. He is going to cost us many more points this season.
I would also critisize Brown as he only needed to go on the Hibs forum to realise Oxley was not a suitable replacement for Bentley. :thumbdown:

It was Demetriou sent off by the way.

Back