• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LBBlue

Manager⭐
Enough of all this conjecture about our manager, another game approaches quickly.
For some reason this game is kicking off at 2PM so unless you want to miss the first half get there or tune in early.

The second of our three consecutive away games against teams in the bottom 6 that we can ill afford to lose.

Their recent home form has been none too shabby with defeats only to Wigan and Scunthorpe - they are clearly making a fight of retaining League 1 status. Their away form is as bad as ours but 1 of their 9 points was won at Roots Hall.

Only a 0-1 loss to Wigan on Monday
a 1-1 draw with Blackburn
a 2-1 win against Walsall
a 0-0 with Bury
a 0-3 defeat to Scunthorpe
a 1-0 win against Blackpool

The worst scoring team at home, only 9 goals, coming up against the worst defensive team away, conceded 30.
Defensively they have conceded 20, but 6 of those were for Bristol R and 4 for Peterborough, otherwise it's only 10 in 11 games.

Alex Revell hasn't appeared since he got sent off in their 6-0 home defeat by Bristol Rovers and John-Joe O'Toole hasn't scored yet this season. Let's hope Saturday is not his day.

Well who starts for us; Oxley, Demetriou, Coker, Kyprianou, Turner, Leonard and Cox with 4 others. Midfield is a problem as always. Maybe we will have signed someone before Saturday.

My head can only see a 1-0 defeat at the moment I'm afraid.

I think the mid 4 should be both Mc's, Leonard and Yearwood.

Assuming Wright and Timlin are still out. Wordsworth just doesn't look interested lately.

Really don't know whats going to happen with this one. If we lose I don't see how Brown will have a job anymore. If we win/draw, it just papers over the alarming cracks!

Not got much confidence about Saturday, PB cant motivate the players . Think some of the squad want to see the back of him now so im expecting a crap performance . That will hasten PB`s gardening leave and open the door for a new manager. Think that Warburton guy that did so well with Brentford a while ago is available. Would`nt say no to him in my view. I am going for a 2-0 loss.

Not got much confidence about Saturday, PB cant motivate the players . Think some of the squad want to see the back of him now so im expecting a crap performance . That will hasten PB`s gardening leave and open the door for a new manager. Think that Warburton guy that did so well with Brentford a while ago is available. Would`nt say no to him in my view. I am going for a 2-0 loss.
Yes!I’d be more than happy with Mark Warburton-tomorrow please!
And looking at LBBlue’s opening post I totally agree with those 7 players and suggest they would be the only ones I’d like to be watching next season!

Three youngsters also-all show promise-Smith, Bwomono,Yearwood-of course.

It seems the announcement, that PB would be in charge against the Cobblers, was swiftly delivered. It did not say PB was still the manager for the rest of the season or whatever. It seemed to specify the particular match. Maybe nothing or maybe something.
As for the team, put Kyp and Leonard at centreback. Kyp needs a run of games to refind his form and should not be judged on one comeback performance. leonard has the vision and athleticism to be a major asset at the back in our current crisis. Ox in goal, Demi and Coker as fullbacks. After that make the best with what you have. At least if the defence is solid we have a platform to build on and players can have some confidence in those behind them.

Lose and we will well and truly be in a battle to avoid relegation for the rest of the season and PBs job will be lining up in the dole queue,as for the team :Oxley,Elvis,Turner,Kyps,Hendrie
Demetriou,Lenny,Yearwood,Coker
Cox, Ranger. Subs, Kightly,Ferdinand,Mc Laughlin,Wabo,Bishop,Maf or Wright if fit.
Sorry no room for Wordsworth , McGlashen or White along with Robinson i would free the four of them.

Lose and we will well and truly be in a battle to avoid relegation for the rest of the season and PBs job will be lining up in the dole queue,as for the team :Oxley,Elvis,Turner,Kyps,Hendrie
Cox, Ranger. Subs, Kightly,Ferdinand,Mc Laughlin,Wabo,Bishop,Maf or Wright if fit.
Sorry no room for Wordsworth , McGlashen or White along with Robinson i would free the four of them.

Just out of interest , what are Whites negatives in your opinion?
The reason I ask is that I really don’t see too many and interested to hear the counter view.

Thankfully the wife has already arranged for us to do something this weekend so I'll not be able to make the (probably wasted) short trip to Sixfields.

Can easily see the same score as last season being repeated :sad:

Crikey my friend - what a team!
Surely if you are doubling up with Coker and Hendrie on the left, Coker is the better defender, and Hendrie plays in front on him?

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker
Demetriou, Leonard, Yearwood, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune

or how's about we change the system given than we're clearly struggling with the one we have

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou
Demetriou, Leonard, Wright, Coker
Kightly, Ranger, McLaughlin

(hopefully a solid midfield with Ranger winning the aerial battle and the other 2 feeding off him)

or

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou
McGlashen, Demetriou, Leonard, Yearwood, Coker
Cox, Fortune

When you write it on paper we're 1 short in the middle of the park. If Timlin was fit, he'd go in along side Leonard. Needs a big performance from Yearwood or Wright for us to play with 2 in the middle. It also shows we're not short of players by any stretch of the imagination.
One final thing - if we're going to play McGlashen play him on the right side of the attack and play him in behind - don't stick him out somewhere in the left midfield, ask him to provide cover for Coker, then wonder why he's crap.

I think this thread just identifies why professsional football mangers manage football teams.

Some utter crackpot teams.

Leonard, our best midfield at centre back or two left backs or two untried kids up front or not playing Turner at all?

Mind you, this is Phil Brown........

He could do anything, but I don't think he will risk younger players in a game that he seemingly must win to keep his job and to keep us out of a relegation battle for the time being. Or he might risk younger players because ultimately, he might want the sack (how much are those shares worth?) Who knows anymore in what is rapid turning into a soap opera of a season.

Assuming everyone is fit,

Oxley, Dimi, Coker, Turner, Anton, McL, Kightly, Lenny, Wordy, Cox, Ranger - which I've always believed to be our first choice starting eleven (and on paper should be fighting for promotion, which kinda sums up the problem).

Back