• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see Northampton signed a winger yesterday. I can remember his name but I know he was once at Benfica. I don't know if he's any good but imagine if we managed to sign players early, what a dream that would be!

I think this thread just identifies why professsional football mangers manage football teams.

Some utter crackpot teams.

Leonard, our best midfield at centre back
or two left backs or two untried kids up front or not playing Turner at all?

Mind you, this is Phil Brown........

He could do anything, but I don't think he will risk younger players in a game that he seemingly must win to keep his job and to keep us out of a relegation battle for the time being. Or he might risk younger players because ultimately, he might want the sack (how much are those shares worth?) Who knows anymore in what is rapid turning into a soap opera of a season.

Assuming everyone is fit,

Oxley, Dimi, Coker, Turner, Anton, McL, Kightly, Lenny, Wordy, Cox, Ranger - which I've always believed to be our first choice starting eleven (and on paper should be fighting for promotion, which kinda sums up the problem).

Crackpot? Different maybe but the rationale is to put two mobile athletic players at centreback to give us a chance. Anton and Turner are so slow they cannot move out to stop attacks early. Yes leonard being absent from the midfield would be a loss there but the team only have a chance by first not conceding and second being confident in the defence. This allows the mids and forward players to go about their own job.

Crackpot? Different maybe but the rationale is to put two mobile athletic players at centreback to give us a chance. Anton and Turner are so slow they cannot move out to stop attacks early. Yes leonard being absent from the midfield would be a loss there but the team only have a chance by first not conceding and second being confident in the defence. This allows the mids and forward players to go about their own job.

Ironically Leonard has done a damn good job at CB earlier this season. He'd be wasted there but he would do a better job than what we have at the moment.

-------------------------OXLEY-------------------------
--------WHITE---------TURNER-------KYPRIANOU---------
DEMETRIOU------LEONARD-----WORDSWORTH---COKER
-------COX--------------FORTUNE---------MCLAUGHLIN

MCGLASHAN, ROBINSON, WABO, HENDRIE, BISHOP, YEARWOOD, ELVIS

not too many choices in our crisis hit squad !!!!!!!

-------------------------OXLEY-------------------------
--------WHITE---------TURNER-------KYPRIANOU---------
DEMETRIOU------LEONARD-----WORDSWORTH---COKER
-------COX--------------FORTUNE---------MCLAUGHLIN

MCGLASHAN, ROBINSON, WABO, HENDRIE, BISHOP, YEARWOOD, ELVIS

not too many choices in our crisis hit squad !!!!!!!
Interesting...and I do think we need a plan B atm. Although, I don't think Cox is suited to be a right winger.

Just out of interest , what are Whites negatives in your opinion?
The reason I ask is that I really don’t see too many and interested to hear the counter view.

He doesn't go to games or watch over internet. Good job and all cause that team would get tonked every week.

We already getting tonked every week and people here complaining that all White does when he gets the ball is hoof it up high to the strikers ,read the threads how many have said all the defense do is play hoofball and many have said White is the main culprit
As for Hendrie in front of Coker ,again many have said he can put in an excellent centre and Coker being the best defender seems they could quite possibly form a good partnership down the left hand side.

I do like to idea of Hendrie in front of Coker and Demi in front of White...so for what it's worth my team is

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker
Demitriou, Leonard, Yearwood, Hendrie
Cox, Fortune

Mixes thing up a little and McLaughlin has been disappointing so far this Season, although don't think our **** pitch at home helps his game.
Wordy clearly not fit so should not play, same with Anton and Kightly.
Biggest issue with the team for me is the lack of a out and out centre forward who can partner Cox, hopefully with Ranger gone we can get someone in!!

I guess the squad virtually picks itself for the wrong reason:
Oxley
Bwomono, Turner, Ferdinand, Coker
McGlashen, Lenny, Wordsworth, Hendrie
Cox, Fortune
Subs: Bishop, Kightly, Mclaughlin, Yearwood, Wabo, White, Kyp.

Just hoping for a bit more effort and positive play if nothing else.

I do like to idea of Hendrie in front of Coker and Demi in front of White...so for what it's worth my team is

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker
Demitriou, Leonard, Yearwood, Hendrie
Cox, Fortune

McLaughlin for Hendrie foer me; otherwise I'd go for the same.

I'm afraid he might do this as it's getting to be a must not lose game

Oxley
Demetriou, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker,
Kightly, Leonard, Timlin, Wordsworth, McLaughlin,
Cox.

Northampton have made a second new signing Shay Facey, to join Hildeberto Pereira.

Maybe Brown will play Jack Bridge for us!

We already getting tonked every week and people here complaining that all White does when he gets the ball is hoof it up high to the strikers ,read the threads how many have said all the defense do is play hoofball and many have said White is the main culprit
As for Hendrie in front of Coker ,again many have said he can put in an excellent centre and Coker being the best defender seems they could quite possibly form a good partnership down the left hand side.

White is clearly asked to do that as a tactic because he has the best delivery from the back 4. Always been a better crosser than Coker for example.

Against Shrewsbury on our pitch it was exactly the right tactic just a shame we were 2-0 down before we learnt our lesson. Nobody was complaining when Lenny pulled one back from a corner earned by a JW 'hoof'

At Wimbledon from our KO it went back to JW and yes he hoofed it deep down their right side. As it when back to him a group of snowflakes in front of me jeerd before he had even taken a touch. Bolger used to have the same team job and was equally mocked by the same ignorant people.

The fact that Fortune couldn't square a simple pass to put us 1-0 up (Wimbledon fans couldn't believe their luck in the bar after), or Ranger didn't fancy jumping for a perfectly good ball is not the fault of the man who delivers the pass.

We certainly didn't just hoof all day but when we have possession we often over pass in the final 3rd and as proved in the last 2 games continue to miss a catalogue of easy chances to get a minimum of a point from each match.

I can't believe people are saying White has been poor. He Oxley and Leonard have been the only decent players that I have seen. Especially when Brown has messed White about so many times. One minute he is playing at centre back, then out of the team, then left back, left out some more and centre back and so on. I'm surprised White has put up with his BS for so long.

With Wright out of action for at least a month, I would move Demetriou forward. A position which I think he is best suited.

Oxley
White (if fit) Turner Kyprianou Coker
Demetriou Leonard Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Oxley
Demi
Turner
Kyp
Coker
Kightley
Wordy
Yearwood
McLaughlin
Cox
Fortune

Mcglashan, Bishop, White, Ba, Klass, Phillips and Wabo

Will Leonard’s departure cast even more gloom over a squad which seems to be generally demoralised?

Back