• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lenny literally papers over the many cracks in this team assembled by it. Massive massive gaping hole in our team. I hope the lads step up tomorrow and get three vital points.

Heard a rumour that the Northampton groundsman is known as the Lawn Ranger, but that could be cobblers:smile:

We will get beat. Brown gets the sack and the new manager has funds to strengthen.

We will get beat. Brown gets the sack and the new manager has funds to strengthen.
One game I actually want us to lose as long as it means Brown gets fired, the problem with Ron is I am not sure he will...he left Tilson in charge for us to get relegated in 2010...

One game I actually want us to lose as long as it means Brown gets fired, the problem with Ron is I am not sure he will...he left Tilson in charge for us to get relegated in 2010...

Whoa....couple of things. As much as I hate PB I will never wish for a defeat. Secondly that relegation was down to Ron not paying players for a long time....nowt to do with Tilly.

If, as some people seem to want, we lose then that could put us right near the relegation spots.

I just want Ron to do the right thing and bin Brown.

Thanks for that Rigsby, as you are aware i make my comments from reading the threads,as much as iwish i could be there each week its impossible for me,

No problems. If I was just relying on the zone it would be impossible to get a clear picture as we all see things different. Which is why we all love the beautiful game.

One thing I always try to do is be fair in my match reports. Rather than look for mistakes by those who I'm not so keen on or overlook your favourites. That bias should be saved for other threads because there are many shrimpers around the world that rely on some honesty by us humble lot.

I just get the feeling he s going no where ,will Ron give him a war chest or he may just **** him off.
We will wait with bated breath,You can't make this stuff up could you

Hoping for a reactionary performance from whichever players Brown puts out there today. We need to see some unity and some passion out on the pitch, the players need to rediscover their heart for the game and for us - I honestly believe that a lot of what we've seen has been down to the Ranger effect, and that Brown's hands were somewhat tied where he was concerned. With him finally having been sacked, I hope that Brown can inspire the players into the kind of performance the supporters deserve, as there's been previous little of that on the road this season. The team can't hide behind Lenny any more, it's all in their own hands.

This is how I hope to line up - injuries permitting:

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker
Demetriou, Wordsworth, Timlin, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune

And we're going today, the earlier kick off has been a blessing for us.

Hoping for a reactionary performance from whichever players Brown puts out there today. We need to see some unity and some passion out on the pitch, the players need to rediscover their heart for the game and for us - I honestly believe that a lot of what we've seen has been down to the Ranger effect, and that Brown's hands were somewhat tied where he was concerned. With him finally having been sacked, I hope that Brown can inspire the players into the kind of performance the supporters deserve, as there's been previous little of that on the road this season. The team can't hide behind Lenny any more, it's all in their own hands.

This is how I hope to line up - injuries permitting:

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker
Demetriou, Wordsworth, Timlin, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune

And we're going today, the earlier kick off has been a blessing for us.

A very interesting line-up, OBL.

I personally would not mind seeing Demetriou playing centre midfield in Ryan Leonard's place with either Timlin or Wordsworth alongside him and Kightly and McLaughlin on the right and left flanks respectively.

A good performance today and three points would be welcome, but it cannot disguise what a let down this season has been, after all the pre-season hype about wow signings and best squad ever etc. There are basic shortcomings glaringly obvious in every aspect of our game, from strikers who can't score, defenders who lose concentration and lack pace and a midfield bereft of any craft or guile. Disappointing as Ranger has been after the excitement he aroused last season, it is frankly absurd to lay all the blame at his door for what is clearly a failure of management and coaching to motivate the players and drill them into some coherent pattern of play. No matter the changes in personnel, we have seen the same failings in game after game with only the occasional good performance which invariably proves to be a false dawn. How desperately we need a new broom to sweep clean the mess that the current management team have presided over.

Whoa....couple of things. As much as I hate PB I will never wish for a defeat. Secondly that relegation was down to Ron not paying players for a long time....nowt to do with Tilly.
Back to back relegations nothing to do with Tilson all Rons fault Lol...

No back to back relegations nothing to do with Tilson all Rons fault Lol...

Might want to get your facts straight mate. They weren’t back to back relegations. We made the League One playoffs the season after coming down from the Championship and were thrashed by Doncaster in the away leg.

Blimey we need a win after everything that has happened this week, including losing on Monday which seems an age ago!

COME ON SOUTHEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

The manager wasn't the problem in 2010. The chairman was.

I have never wanted Southend to lose a game whatever the circumstances and never will.

Back