• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hoping for a reactionary performance from whichever players Brown puts out there today. We need to see some unity and some passion out on the pitch, the players need to rediscover their heart for the game and for us - I honestly believe that a lot of what we've seen has been down to the Ranger effect, and that Brown's hands were somewhat tied where he was concerned. With him finally having been sacked, I hope that Brown can inspire the players into the kind of performance the supporters deserve, as there's been previous little of that on the road this season. The team can't hide behind Lenny any more, it's all in their own hands.

This is how I hope to line up - injuries permitting:

Oxley
White, Turner, Kyprianou, Coker
Demetriou, Wordsworth, Timlin, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune

And we're going today, the earlier kick off has been a blessing for us.

That's the team I would go for. Demetriou should be given an extended run in midfield. I think he would be far more effective in that position, wasted at right back IMO.

Can only see us getting spanked. The squad suddenly looks terrible and so short in so many areas.

Half of me wants us to lose (head), to make sure Brown is gone, the other half (heart) never wants us to lose.

I am hoping that Brown goes as soon as Ron has the replacement lined up anyway and today’s result is immaterial.

I have heard rumours that there have been other transfer requests put in and declined, as some players can’t stand Brown. Can only see this season going one way if he stays.

I am shocked that any of our so called supporters would ever want to see our beloved team lose, whatever the tenuous reasons were. Pretty despicable IMHO. I say COYBB.

Hoping for a reactionary performance from whichever players Brown puts out there today. We need to see some unity and some passion out on the pitch, the players need to rediscover their heart for the game and for us - I honestly believe that a lot of what we've seen has been down to the Ranger effect, and that Brown's hands were somewhat tied where he was concerned. With him finally having been sacked, I hope that Brown can inspire the players into the kind of performance the supporters deserve, as there's been previous little of that on the road this season. The team can't hide behind Lenny any more, it's all in their own hands.

Oxley
Cox, Fortune

That line up is O.K. but you would be playing four players carrying injuries. One's been bad enough with Woody.

For me it's an opportunity for some of the underperforming player's to pull together, roll up their sleeves and show pride and passion for the club that pays their wages. Only a win will do today.

Oxley
White Turner Kyp Coker
Dimi Kightly Worry McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Dimi was a midfielder for most of his time at Walsall, my mate who is a Walsall season ticket holder could not believe we were playing him at RB, said we were missing out on his best playing him back there so I think he should get a go in midfield.

Lenny - Gone
Ranger - Gone
Bridge - Gone
Robinson - Going (hopefully)
Confidence - Gone
Wordsworth - Injured
Ferdinand - Injured
Wright - Injured
White - Injured
Brown - insert as appropriate
Ron Martin - Disappointed but £700k better off

Never a dull moment at our club is there? Perversely, I think there will be a positive reaction from the team today and we will come away with a point, possibly three.

Oxley
Demetriou White Turner Coker
McGlashan Yearwood Wordsworth McLaughlin
Fortune
Cox

Bishop, Kyprianou, Timlin, Robinson, Kightly, Wabo and Cotton on the bench.

Kightly will play - as will Timlin if he is only half fit. McLaughlin ought to play as he does put in a decent corner if we can manage to get up their end - 8 assists and 3 goals now . And Brown expects Woody to improve now he knows he's not going to be locked up. So that should be midfield.

I have an inkling there may be a surprise up front.

Definitely an opportunity for a change in formation - personally I would like to see something like this . . .

Ox

Dimi / Kyps / Turner / Coker

Timlin

Wordsworth / Yearwood

Kightly / Cox / Macca

Oxley
Cox, Fortune

Pretty much what I would like to see today, only question being whether Woody will play? Carrying an injury and in the dog-house. Kightly could do a job in CM I'm sure.

Also so like to see Wabo get some pitch time, the kid seems to know where the goal is, which is a rarity in our squad.

I am shocked that any of our so called supporters would ever want to see our beloved team lose, whatever the tenuous reasons were. Pretty despicable IMHO. I say COYBB.

Totally agree mate,

After that turbulent and depressing week; losing Lenny, sacking of Ranger and 'Woody-gate' I seriously need a lift, a win today is a must.

UTBs!

Playing half fit players is a real no no for me. Wright and Woody haven't been fit for a while yet are told to play. Sign of a desperate man if he isn't taking the fitness of his players seriously. Wright was forced to play injured and I find that deplorable

People are forgetting the new players signed for today. The club has known of its intentions for some time, and knew we would be light in the squad come this match, so don't try and tell me they were not implementing the contingency plan. No? Oh. Bit crap then.

Definitely an opportunity for a change in formation - personally I would like to see something like this . . .

Ox

Dimi / Kyps / Turner / Coker

Timlin

Wordsworth / Yearwood

Kightly / Cox / Macca

Brown's formation changes rarely work, I'd rather see us stick to 4-4-2 but actually play 2 wingers for a change instead of playing a CM like Wright or Yearwood out on the right.

Brown's formation changes rarely work, I'd rather see us stick to 4-4-2 but actually play 2 wingers for a change instead of playing a CM like Wright or Yearwood out on the right.

To be fair, aside from Timlin out and MAF in - almost spot on ;)

Back