• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's really not very difficult. The lino flagged for a foul. The referee thought there was an advantage and played on, The penalty ensued.

Personally, from the footage, I thought both penalties were questionable and I very much hope that making his advantage look better played no part in his decision making for the second one.

I thought the same. 'Look, I played advantage and you ended up scoring'...never a pen.

Looked like the old classic case of home manager having a word with the ref at half-time about our penalty.

Then telling his players to take a tumble early doors in our penalty area, as the ref will probably be looking to even it up.

Both look like penalties to me. Timlin should be dropped from the entire squad for that pathetic attempt of a 'tackle' just before they score their 3rd.

2015 Timlin puts that bloke in the dug out in the build up to their 3rd goal. Shame to see what he's become as he's tarnishing a reputation

Our highlights :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmSvt4pFMk How was that a penalty. Fella just ran into Kyps. :facepalm:

What was the actual offence? From my refereeing days (admittedly years ago) there were nine penal offences;

1 Pushing an opponent
2 Pulling ......
3 Holding....
4 Striking....
5 Kicking....
6 Tripping...
7 Jumping at...
8 Charging from behind
9 Charging in a violent or dangerous manner.

Kyp's did none of these in my view.

"What happened to good old fashioned obstruction and an indirect free kick?" It seems to have died out!

Last edited:
What happened to good old fashioned obstruction and an indirect free kick?

For ours Mclaughlin does manage to head the ball first before their guy heads him.

The thing is Harry doesn't move, so wasn't even obstruction. If the ball is going out for goal kick Defenders have licence to do anything they like to shield the ball or obstruct the attacker and will never concede a free-kick but one inch inside the box the rule reverses.

If the ball is going out for goal kick Defenders have licence to do anything they like to shield the ball or obstruct the attacker and will never concede a free-kick but one inch inside the box the rule reverses.

Not exactly, the ball has to be in playing distance.

Other than the shambolic defending, what ****ed me off most was the 3rd goal and the complete lack of effort from Macca (Not just him) to get back and defend. WTF, just walking and made no effort to get back in there and help. Sums up the attitude problems we have right now. I don't give a **** if you have a broken leg, you die for that shirt and put 110% in. Effort is as standard. Not acceptable to show any less as a pro footballer for my club.

Back