• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No idea if 2nd goal was down to Bilel, but I had to describe him last week to a mate who now lives in America and said he will be popular with fans, strong in the air and tackle and will end up being very good but seems a bit flash and will cost us at least 6 goals through his own errors this season. Was this number 1 of thosee?

No idea if 2nd goal was down to Bilel, but I had to describe him last week to a mate who now lives in America and said he will be popular with fans, strong in the air and tackle and will end up being very good but seems a bit flash and will cost us at least 6 goals through his own errors this season. Was this number 1 of thosee?

The Blues Player commentators certainly seemed to think so. It is only early days for Mohsni and he has a lot to learn obviously.

You're probably right............according to the commentary he allowed Holt to get his header in and claimed he was fouled ............which, according to the commentary again, wasn't true.

**** me. I get out I the car just as we take the lead with Paul Clark going on about how poor Northampton were. Just got back into the car to hear this. Cobblers. Sturrock out. Wiggy thread in. Where's the money gone Ron. If only Jay Smith hadn't been so injury prone. Ricketts started the rot. Couldn't hear Blue Voice. It was the caterers/ticket office/stewards fault.

Last edited:
I think this result proves we have a lot of work to do and do not have a team that will kill teams off when we take the lead. I don't really want to blame anyone at this stage, I just think it will be like this for a while yet. We have a squad but it is just that a squad, we still lack punch at the front line. Pattison, Spencer, Sturrock are not centre forwards. Corr shows possibilities of holding the ball up, winning high balls but he needs a lethal strike partner. Re Bosni, he is inexperienced he will get better but the team should know that and as a team cover each other.
Depressed but not going to call for heads to roll yet!

Luggy has to go. Worst Southend team Ive seen in 80 years of supporting them. Get Martin Allen in with Tony Adams as assistant. Men with real passion.

I think this result proves we have a lot of work to do and do not have a team that will kill teams off when we take the lead. I don't really want to blame anyone at this stage, I just think it will be like this for a while yet. We have a squad but it is just that a squad, we still lack punch at the front line. Pattison, Spencer, Sturrock are not centre forwards. Corr shows possibilities of holding the ball up, winning high balls but he needs a lethal strike partner. Re Bosni, he is inexperienced he will get better but the team should know that and as a team cover each other.

Absolutely agree with this.

Agree totally.........................but, of course, it doesn't make it any less frustrating, to throw away a game that we should have won and indeed deserved to win.

Southend Jekyll & Hyde United strike again.

Sounds like we should of taken at least a point and 2 lapses at the back have cost us dear.

At least the midfielders are chipping in with the goals regularly, shame the forwards are not. Get someone in Luggy and make it snappy...Send a few of the others out on loan as well if possible.

Last edited:
Just shows how our expectations have been raised which says to me that Sturrock is doing a pretty good job.

Lets consider the situation a couple of months back and personally I think that Sturrock and Widdrington have done really well to get us playing anything like a Team.

We are probably one goalscoring forward away from being a pretty good Team in a pretty poor division - no coincidence that Sturrock has said he is still looking for a forward - different to what we already have ie an out and out goalscorer

Back