• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Many unknowns regarding injuries , but what side to people expect us to put out.

SMITH
CLOHESSY , PROSSER , PHILLIPS , STRAKER
LEONARD , HURST , SPILLANE , MAYOR
REEVES , ASSOMBALONGA

SUBS : BENTLEY , WOODYARD , COUGHLIN , CORR , HARRIS , EASTWOOD

If Phillips doesn't make it , then Spillane in the back four and Woodyard in

If Phillips isn't fit I'd play Coughlan with Prosser and Spillane in midfield at Woody's expense. Up front we have options with Harris, Corr, Assombalonga & Eastwood who should be back. It's our strongest area at the minute so hopefully we'll see two up top with Reeves fitting in elsewhere.

I have no dea what the lineup will be but if I was manager, and the 8 players are definately out, I would go with:

Smith
Clohessy - Coughlan - Prosser - Straker
Reeves - Leonard - Woodyard - Spicer - Mayor
Assombalonga/Corr

Subs: Bentley - Spillane - Harris - Corr/Assombalonga - Eastwood (if fit) - Dave The Kit Man - Paul Sturrock​

People may disagree with this, but I would only play people that are eligible for the Orient game. Reason being is that we have got so far now that we might as well feild a full strength team. I am one of the people that think the league is the most important, but we are 90 minutes away from potentially winning a cup at Wembley. That in itself could do wonders for the team morale.

I would pick Coughlan too. Platt and Akinfenwa are both strong but neither particularly quick. Only problem is when did he last play for us? He did well in first season but hes another year older etc. Might add a bit of leadership and organisation on the pitch though which was badly missing on tuesday night.

I would pick Coughlan too. Platt and Akinfenwa are both strong but neither particularly quick. Only problem is when did he last play for us? He did well in first season but hes another year older etc. Might add a bit of leadership and organisation on the pitch though which was badly missing on tuesday night.

What about Paul Clark? is he still registered? I know he hasn't played for a while, but he could do a job on Akinfenwa

Coughlan for me as well. Akinfenwa & Platt are v slow and will not trouble us for pace (that said no doubt Akinfenwa will score as per). Might shake a few up as well having him out there on the pitch. Don't want to see Spillane at CB again.
Lets be positive,passionate and go out and win the game.
Smith
Clohessy - Coughlan - Prosser - Straker
Reeves - Leonard - Woodyard - Spicer - Mayor
Assombalonga/Corr
Subs - Bentley,Spillane,Harris,Eastwood (assuming fit enough for bench must come on at some point and still has quality at this level to score depsite all thats been said/posted in recent weeks).

If we 've got problems up front then perhaps we shouldn't forget Paul Sturrock. I know he hasn't played for a while but he could certainly prove a good influence for the youngsters on the pitch and he'd be on the spot to change things around, if necessary.

well the way it's going we could end up with Bentley out on pitch on Saturday which would be interesting,up front or in defence

People may disagree with this, but I would only play people that are eligible for the Orient game. Reason being is that we have got so far now that we might as well feild a full strength team. I am one of the people that think the league is the most important, but we are 90 minutes away from potentially winning a cup at Wembley. That in itself could do wonders for the team morale.

Actually we are 180 minutes from winning a cup at Wembley. Its only Spillane that can't play, as Laird is injured, and I for one would prefer him in the middle to Woodyard all day long.

Actually we are 180 minutes from winning a cup at Wembley. Its only Spillane that can't play, as Laird is injured, and I for one would prefer him in the middle to Woodyard all day long.

You knew what I meant, as did everyone else that has read my post.

Actually the pedant in me tells me you're both wrong....you said we're 90 minutes from potentially winning a cup final at Wembley - we are in fact 0 minutes from potentially winning a cup final at Wembley :raspberry:

If we 've got problems up front then perhaps we shouldn't forget Paul Sturrock. I know he hasn't played for a while but he could certainly prove a good influence for the youngsters on the pitch and he'd be on the spot to change things around, if necessary.

I did hear he impressed some of the squad at the training ground, by showing he can still hit a sweet volley...........................whilst wearing wellington boots! :omg:

Many unknowns regarding injuries , but what side do people expect us to put out.

SMITH
CLOHESSY , PROSSER , PHILLIPS , STRAKER
LEONARD , HURST , SPILLANE , MAYOR
REEVES , ASSOMBALONGA

SUBS : BENTLEY , WOODYARD , COUGHLIN , CORR , HARRIS , EASTWOOD

If Phillips doesn't make it , then Spillane in the back four and Woodyard in

Very much afraid that it may be anyone who is not ill, injured or suspended. Phillips is possibly the most likely candidate to return (despite Luggy's denials). Worried about Hurst, if he has really got a bug...........you don't generally get over those in a couple of days. You could also look on the bright side and imagine that he has had time to spread the virus to one or two others in the squad! :stunned:

Ha!I remember seeing him in action at the Nou Camp for Dundee.That was back in the 80's though.:winking:

Gonna go for a bold 2-1 Cobblers win. Our away form has got to turn soon.

Gonna go for a bold 2-1 Cobblers win. Our away form has got to turn soon.

Some come on , you've seen all the doom and gloom about our injured players etc
Give us some insight into your likely line up and who's in or out of form ...............................

......................................smith.............................
...........spillane.........coughlin...........prosser......
Clohessey.............................................straker..
....................leonard.....woodyard.....................
..........mayor................................reeves............
..........................assombalonga..........................

......................................smith.............................
...........spillane.........coughlin...........prosser......
Clohessey.............................................straker..
....................leonard.....woodyard.....................
..........mayor................................reeves............
..........................assombalonga..........................

When you have a shortage of centre halves Id not play 3, and I wouldnt play 3 anyway as its not 1990 anymore :smile:

Gonna be an Assomba-bomba tomorrow as Britt gets hat-trick in 3-0 demolition job. Blues move back into prime spot in chasing pack.

Back