• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Tomorrow's referee is Graham Scott from Abingdon in Oxfordshire. He is in his 5th season as a Football League referee and makes his fifth visit to Roots Hall. (It would be his sixth, but the second didn't happen due to the appropriately Antarctic weather at the time.)

The first visit was the home JPT defeat by Orient in 2008/9. He has since done an away match at Gillingham - the Easter defeat in 2009/10 and then, more recently, last season's home game against Morecambe (a red card for Jevons and 2 yellows for them). Next he oversaw our abject performance in the home debacle against Bradford City. Finally we had our first win with him when we, and he, breezed through last season's 3-0 home win over Barnet. That was the match of course when Mohsni scored a hat-trick in about 20 minutes !! Whatever happened to him?

After Tuesday's decidedly average, or worse, performance from Attwell we have a strong referee who is tipped to make it to the upper echelons of refereeing. He is getting good appointments including televised games and his once high card count has dropped to average this season with 75 yellows and 4 reds from 27 games.

Certainly when I've seen him he has seemed a little over eager to reach for his cards, but his decisions were more right than wrong. He is an official I would always prefer to see doing our home matches.

We havent lost at home to Northampton for about 10 years; in fact it was a match when the wretched JJ Ross sent off Kevin Maher. Although the last two matches against Northampton have produced 13 goals, don't expect as much entertainment as we had in that great 4-4 draw back in '86.

Assisting Mr Scott will be David Rock, a qualified coach in many sports from Hertford and Paul Harris from Maidstone. Mike Blackledge from Peterborough is 4th Official.

Elsewhere in the refereeing world, Keith Hill who we all thought we'd seen the back off, has returned from Japan and referees his first come-back League match at Cheltenham - lucky them.

Another shocker today. I lost count of the times the n'ton front players were all over our defenders and no fouls were given. What sport was Akinfenwa playing? American football? Same too for the times their defenders were manhandling our attackers. Langmead must have been related to the ref to have got away with his constant fouling. Definitely not sour grapes on my part as the last 2 games have seen some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. The refs view on time wasting - from mid way through the first half - was to have a word with their captain!

Totally hopeless iro of their keeper's timewasting which started as early as the 3rd minute! Quick to chastise our players but was considerate enough to check with their captain as to point out infringements by their players rather than get on and caution or have a word with their player themself. Not as bad as T W Attwell on Tuesday though.

I'm sure I twice saw Northampton defenders physically pick our players up to move them away from the flight of the ball, and the amount of time wasting by the Northampton keeper was just ridiculous! Ok, he booked Platt for his slow walk off after being subbed, but the keeper should have been booked in the 1st half.

It was a foul throw for their first as well.

More on the assistant referee that though.

I'm sure I twice saw Northampton defenders physically pick our players up to move them away from the flight of the ball, and the amount of time wasting by the Northampton keeper was just ridiculous! Ok, he booked Platt for his slow walk off after being subbed, but the keeper should have been booked in the 1st half.

It happened all game Kay

Back