• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Norton Expired - Annoying Message

Usual_Suspect

Members
My Norton has expired which I have renewed. However, I keep getting a fecking annoying message about it expiring - I've still got the Norton search box on my tool bar etc (which again doesn't go away, even when I change the settings).

Anyone got any ideas of how to totally delete any trace of Norton from the laptop?

Cheers

My Norton has expired which I have renewed. However, I keep getting a fecking annoying message about it expiring - I've still got the Norton search box on my tool bar etc (which again doesn't go away, even when I change the settings).

Anyone got any ideas of how to totally delete any trace of Norton from the laptop?

Cheers

Uninstall and reinstall Norton. Or uninstall Norton and install AVG or Kaspersgy ;)

there is a norton removal tool that norton themselves produce, it is free to download, however i don't have time to find the link for you.

i use microsoft security essentials and have had no problems...and it's free.

Norton rely on this to get more business, that is why I don't use it anymore, especially as it is no better than any free things you can get i.e Spybot Search and Destroy.

The only thing you can do I think it do what pringlejon said. Search Nortan Anti Virus removal tool. I had the same problem and managed to get rid of the cheeky *******!

Given Intel's acquisition of McAfee last week, pre-installed Norton will become a thing of the past...

Back