• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Found this on another forum I post on:

Norwich City boss Paul Lambert could be poised to enter the New Year transfer window race for Southend's League One hotshot Lee Barnard.

City's League One rival's are reportedly ready to off load the £250,000-rated 17-goal striker, who is stalling on a fresh contract offer at Roots Hall.

The prolific 25-year-old targetman - in the last year of his current deal - is free to talk to potential suitors, with Lambert scouring the market in a bid to bolster his frontline for the Canaries' promotion push.

arnard has scored one more league goal than City skipper Grant Holt - plundering 35 league goals in just 59 starts since his arrival at Roots Hall on a free from Tottenham in January 2008.

Paul Lambert on the possible arrival of players;

"We're trying to do something at the minute, but whether it happens we'll have to wait and see.

"I want someone who is hungry and has desire and enthusiasm for the game, that's the type of lad I want. As long as they have an enthusiasm and desire for the game and are hungry to do well - that's what I look for."

Norwich have also been linked with a move for highly-rated Exeter defender Danny Seabourne, and permanent transfer's for loanees Russell Martin and Anthony McNamee, from Peterborough and Swindon respectively.

Sorry bud, just noticed that there was only a Barnard to Millwall thread so assumed not.

Sorry bud, just noticed that there was only a Barnard to Millwall thread so assumed not.

No problemo, & like I said on there, that article was written by the Norwich hack who got us all panicking that Tilson was a dead cert for Carrow Rd.

I know that Steven Gillespie had only just signed a contract at Cheltenham (Aug 2007 having scored 16 goals in the season before) when Colchester came in for him and that Barnard is near the end of his contract but it still seems incredible to me, after seeing Gillespie play the other week (one good cross for the first goal but NOTHING else apart from about 700 offsides and only two goals for the season) that he cost £400,000 and the figure mentioned for Barnard is £250,000.......

I know that Steven Gillespie had only just signed a contract at Cheltenham (Aug 2007 having scored 16 goals in the season before) when Colchester came in for him and that Barnard is near the end of his contract but it still seems incredible to me, after seeing Gillespie play the other week (one good cross for the first goal but NOTHING else apart from about 700 offsides and only two goals for the season) that he cost £400,000 and the figure mentioned for Barnard is £250,000.......

you kind of answered the question about 250k for barney.....gillespie had a couple of years on his contract.......barney is free in the summer so we are over a barrell, while barney is probably worth 400/500k his contract means we should snap up 250 k IMO, if we are going to lose him can we at least get some dough for him

Back