• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Norwich Officially Join the race...

EastStandBlue

Life President
Worthington Declares Interest

Personally i think this would be a bad step for Eastwood, going to a club with 3 or 4 perfectly able strikers for that level, and 2 of those capable of scoring goals in the Premier$hite would make him instantly 4th or 5th choice striker...

Excellent - Welcome home Tes !
tounge.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Oh dear - I was hoping all tranfer talk would at least stop untill December. How silly of me!

blues.gif

I'm sure a team only 5 league places above Southend will really tempt Freddy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Money talks so i reckon freddy will go where the money is, if norwich can afford to pay him in excess of 5k a week then he will go. Unfortunately our wages will not be able to compete with the likes of norwich, southampton etc

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ Nov. 04 2005,13:46)]Money talks so i reckon freddy will go where the money is, if norwich can afford to pay him in excess of 5k a week then he will go. Unfortunately our wages will not be able to compete with the likes of norwich, southampton etc
It will not be a question of wages in the first instance. It will be what is offered in terms of a transfer fee.

Probably like most I getting bored with this constant speculation, a lot of it generated by Blues fans. I will say categorically that Freddy will not leave our club in January.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 04 2005,14:09)]I will say categorically that Freddy will not leave our club in January.
I've said that several times already.

No-one listens though
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 04 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Nov. 04 2005,14:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 04 2005,12:39)]Excellent - Welcome home Tes !
tounge.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif
As cover for Bart?

I'd rather see you play up front...
No you wouldn't.

oops.gif

tounge.gif
Leeboy, dust the mothballs off your gloves.
biggrin.gif

this could all lead to a big tapping up saga. freddie obviously knows his got interest from clubs who will be willing to pay him in excess of 5k a week. it would be wrong to assume that freddie isnt interested when clubs like this come knocking. im pretty sure there will be some representatives from these clubs giving our fred the odd phone call in an attempt to unsettle him. the thing is, when freddie finally gives in to these offers nothing will be said about it leaving us with a huge gutting feeling of unjust.

freddy will play on saturday and that means being cup-tied, can't see many clubs coming in for him then

I just get the impression Freddy absolutely loves being a big fish in a (temporarily) small pond at Southend, he may well wish to stay a bit longer as at a bigger club he'll be considered as just another player. Obviously he'll know at some point he has to move on for his career but I'm not sure money is the most important thing to Freddy at this stage, certainly not in the way some others players see it a la Mr Constantine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Nov. 04 2005,17:06)]freddy will play on saturday and that means being cup-tied, can't see many clubs coming in for him then
That will make absolutely no difference whatsoever - this isn't the Champions League you know!!
rock.gif
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 04 2005,17:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Nov. 04 2005,17:06)]freddy will play on saturday and that means being cup-tied, can't see many clubs coming in for him then
That will make absolutely no difference whatsoever - this isn't the Champions League you know!!
rock.gif
upside.gif
exactly - if Norwich want him enough, Freddy being cup tied won't bother them in the slightest

Back