• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

norwich re-new interest in eastwood

norwich nolegs on tour

It is rumoured here in norwich that with the impending sale of damien francis that Worthington will approach Southend this week with a firm bid for Eastwood...thoughts.

Yeah, right, whatever. Won't happen, as SUFC certainly will not sell one of their two strikers so close to the start of the season. Martin and Tilly say he's not for sale, I doubt Norwich can afford to splash enough cash to convince them otherwise.

I wouldnt keep dismissing this so ignorantly. If the offer is good enough (and it looks like Francis is going for 2.5m to Wigan) then if I was Eastwood, I would go.

Norwich have a decent side and could easily have a chance of going straight back up next year. He would be on more money, at a bigger club and a step away from the Premier$hite.

If he went, I would not be suprised.

Wasnt there a rumour that we would get Paul McVeigh and cash for Freddy?

If we get Goater, Oli and McVeigh, then it may be bye-bye Freddy...

Touble is, there's no guarantee we will get any of them. If Tilly sells Eastwood without immediate replacement then we WILL be in serious trouble.
Which is why I think he won't.

Norwich have lots of stikers - its the one area of the team they don't need to strengthen. Plus they are losing their holding midfielder and have no-one in the squad as it stands right now to replace him with.

Plus we would be up the proverbial withut a paddle if we got rid of him.

If they ose Ashton in January then I can see it.

Really nolegs, at it again
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

I think that you might have just a little more mileage in your legs than there is to this "rumour".

As long as NW plays Charlton as a central midfielder, your need is not for another striker, but better players for your midfield than you have at the moment.

I guess we could then afford Holt, if Freddy went? We'd be able to bring in a few more as well.

I wouldn't say it's impossible if Naaaaarrrrrge come in with a good bid, but looking at the situation us and Norwich are in I think it's unlikely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 31 2005,17:46)]They can have Maher if they want ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

beat me to it, Kev

the trouble is, we haven't got the 100k needed to give them so that they take him off our hands

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zulu_shrimper @ July 31 2005,17:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 31 2005,17:46)]They can have Maher if they want ...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

beat me to it, Kev

the trouble is, we haven't got the 100k needed to give them so that they take him off our hands

Al
in the interest of balance i'll have to stick up for Maher and out the pair of you as morons . What would be your midfield alternative 4/5
rock.gif
?? i take it Maher wouldnt be amonst them so please tell so we can all have a chuckle at your insight

Bents, Petts, Smith and Gower

now, if you chuckle loud enough, i might just hear you over here

i'll ignore your 'moronic' reference, which on the evidence of the 4 players named above, would seem somewhat unjustified

pots and kettles

Al

sloblocks.

no disrespect to freddy but he's unlikely to immediately unseat Ashton, McKenzie and Thorne, so what's the point of moving up one division for reserve team football? plus, not only NW but all the norwich supporters up here insist on going on about how good Jarvis and Henderson are going to be at every opportunity...

Bugger off Norwich, we beat you 2-1 and are better than you, better off trying to replace francis anotherwise you won't go back up. Selling Freddie will FINISH US off
mad.gif

I really rate Francis quite highly but if Ashton stays, I reckon Norwich will go up.

As for Freddy going there, why do they need him when they've got arguably the best attack in the Championship now that Crouch, Bent and others have moved?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ July 31 2005,16:55)]I guess we could then afford Holt, if Freddy went? We'd be able to bring in a few more as well.

I wouldn't say it's impossible if Naaaaarrrrrge come in with a good bid, but looking at the situation us and Norwich are in I think it's unlikely.
Yeah but apparently we offered £175K for Beckett so I reckon we could get Holt for that sort of money anyway!

Back