• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s have solicitors got to do with anything, this is a payroll process managed by accountants/payroll process.
No idea, fortunately have only had 1 dealing with them in 62 years. Just quoting what was stated.
And yes, i agree with the rest of your post.

Yeah sorry, wasn’t being contentional, Just musing out loud.

I’d agree wholeheartedly with you about the non-payment of wages, (well to a degree anyway, because I dont have a shred of sympathy for the majority of this lot)

Just putting a different spin on things, by saying that whilst some of them will have genuine reasons to be annoyed about not getting paid, something tells me that some of them are using it as an excuse.

Apart from Milligan and Kiernan I think that they have all been doing their best. Half of them are just not very good.

When the keeper is c**p and the majority of the other defenders are c**p it is rather difficult to win games when we play defensively.

A decent manager put in the same situation would have done far better than Campbell eg Fry, Thompson, Tilson to name just three.

I heard him on Talksport. My thoughts her firstly fair play for going on there. He didn't have to. He sounded thoroughly fed up with the whole thing (he's not the only one) but his reasoning for the financial shortfall did sound plausible. My understanding is that the football club has a budget to run within, which is under the control of whoever is running the club on a day to day basis (which obviously isn't Ron). That budget can only be guessed at in advance at our level as you don't know about cup runs, general form and gate money etc. I doubt anyone would have budgeted for a run like ours & the financial implications of that run. Plus in the lead up to Christmas the lack of home games etc. It is understandable that there would be a financial shortfall in the budget, which according to RM became apparent just before the Christmas shutdown. In order for him to pay money in to the club (£140k was mentioned), he can't just make a payment, has to be done properly with legal implications as he's giving money from one company to another. He said his solicitors were shut until Monday meaning he couldn't do anything until then, and then it takes a few days to sort. So in his words, any outstanding salaries will be paid today and the problem shouldn't happen again moving forward. He's commited to the club and will continue to fund it. Yes it could all be hogwash, but sounded believable. I guess we'll all have to take our own view & what will be will be!

In any business cash is the first, second and last consideration above anything else including profit.

About time Ron employed a competent finance man if he wasn’ warned of the impending problems........

Apart from Milligan and Kiernan I think that they have all been doing their best. Half of them are just not very good.

When the keeper is c**p and the majority of the other defenders are c**p it is rather difficult to win games when we play defensively.

A decent manager put in the same situation would have done far better than Campbell eg Fry, Thompson, Tilson to name just three.

reading posts from football fans can be amusing and can be annoying ...

what annoys me about your stupid anti Campbell nonsense is its total lack of respect for a man who has represented his country at the world cup, has won loads, played with the best and acheived loads ... AND is prepared to put his time effort and reputation on the line for Southend United....

but there again you probably know more about football than he does

i think hes made loads of effort ..... another ridiculous statement

Since he was made captain I agree.

But he’s playing in a position where you don’t have to run around a lot, which suits him fine.

Prior to that, since he signed he has been appallingly lazy.

reading posts from football fans can be amusing and can be annoying ...

what annoys me about your stupid anti Campbell nonsense is its total lack of respect for a man who has represented his country at the world cup, has won loads, played with the best and acheived loads ... AND is prepared to put his time effort and reputation on the line for Southend United....

but there again you probably know more about football than he does

Doesn’t make him a decent manager of a football team.

That promise from many years ago never happened. Far to much sensitive infomation is discussed at board level blah blah.

Exactly.

The Trust behaves like a supporters club not a Trust.

The two should have very different objectives.

You reckon that big bell end humphries has been trying every week ?? Hahahaaaa

Genuine question why are they called a Trust then and not supporters club ?

In my opinion the Trust should exist to assist with the safeguarding of the club and funds should be maintained for that objective alone.

A supporters club should exist to support the club in its day to day activities.

Exactly.

The Trust behaves like a supporters club not a Trust.

The two should have very different objectives.
There is no way you can blame The Trust in any shape or form.. They asked to be part of the of the boardroom, RM said ok then renegaded on that. I seem to recall and Kay might back me up on this? That they were told you could only attend for certain bits anyway, which A made it pointless and B it never happened anyway. What they do I am sure is in the best interests of the club and fans but maybe you have a point in that they cannot act as a trust in the actual meaning of the word when their hands are tied.

There is no way you can blame The Trust in any shape or form.. They asked to be part of the of the boardroom, RM said ok then renegades on that. I seem to recall and Kay might back me up on this? That they were told you could only attend for certain bits anyway, which A made it pointless and B it never happened anyway.

What is the actual point of the Trust’s existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back