• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the actual point of the Trust’s existence?

What the *** is your problem with the Trust? You've done nothing but pick!!!
Without us the Junior Blues wouldn't exist, the Youth wouldn't have half the credibility it does, supporters wouldn't have the opportunity to travel to ALL away games - and that is just off the top of my head.

We are bloody volunteers, giving up OUR time while working pretty much all in full time jobs, trying to help where we can.

Fed up with people moaning, get off your arse and make a difference if you can.

*My views, my opinion.

Last edited:
Yes I do.
Then your having a laugh, he barely runs in some games unless the ball is with in ten yards of him. On Boxing Day he shut fro. Distance 4 times when there was an easy pass on to someone running thru. Can’t see what most see in him, what I see is the reasons FFC we’re willing to let h8m go.

i truly hope he realises he can Play well if he puts in the effort

What the *** is your problem with the Trust? You've done nothing but pick!!!
Without us the Junior Blues wouldn't exist, the Youth wouldn't have half the credibility it does - and that is just off the top of my head.

We are bloody volunteers, giving up OUR time while working pretty much all in full time jobs, trying to help where we can.

Fed up with people moaning, get off your arse and make a difference if you can.

Now now.

I agree with everything you say in your post above and I genuinely greatly admire all of the work that you in particular do.

But please see my earlier post - their actions define the Trust as a supporters club and a very good one - but not a Trust. How are you a Trust?

We could do with a properly run Trust alongside our ‘supporters club’.

My memory tells me that Vic banned our previously greatly respected supporters club and hence the Trust was formed in order to be a supporters club with a different name?

They dont deserve to be paid! Havent won a game of football !! Unforgivable!! and rons being made the villain for them not performing on the pitch!!

Since he was made captain I agree.

But he’s playing in a position where you don’t have to run around a lot, which suits him fine.

Prior to that, since he signed he has been appallingly lazy.
So you’re agreeing he’s better suited at CB and has played better since being made captain? Let’s face it Campbell had to try something different. I’d say Dieng cares a damn sight more than many others, maybe it’s his character Sol has seen something in. He’s made his own mind up not listened to certain players .. fair play to him.

Now now.

I agree with everything you say in your post above and I genuinely greatly admire all of the work that you in particular do.

But please see my earlier post - their actions define the Trust as a supporters club and a very good one - but not a Trust. How are you a Trust?

My memory tells me that Vic banned our previously greatly respected supporters club and hence the Trust was formed in order to be a supporters club with a different name?

So, please address your comments to the Trust itself. There are many methods to do so. Don't snipe at the Trust on here.

Now now.

A Trust in the true meaning of the word would mean RM giving them money to hold for the protection of the club. Can you see that happening? They do all they can in the circumstances.

I am not sure why people are already on Sol's case and why we are particularly bothered about player's opinions. This is a team who in the last calendar year have won 4 league matches (under three different managers) and haven't won in the league for 3 1/2 months and counting. If some of the senior players are not keen, that is probably a good sign!

A Trust in the true meaning of the word would mean RM giving them money to hold for the protection of the club. Can you see that happening? They do all they can in the circumstances.

Not RM - the members.

But they’re right.

Doesn’t that count?

They have an opinion. Doesn’t make them right.

How anyone can give a flying **** what any of these players’ opinions are, I do not know. They have taken the **** out of this club for too long now, some of them for near enough 3 years, and in that time they have effectively downed tools for and ensured the demise of 3 managers (4 if you include Waddock). So pardon me if I take their opinion of Sol Campbell with an extra large truckload of salt.

The attitude and application of a majority of them stinks. They’ve been allowed to get away with murder for too long and now that they have a manager who won’t stand for their BS, they’re throwing toys out of the pram.

Sack the majority of the ****s off, lift the toxic atmosphere and rebuild the squad from scratch if we need to.

They’re probably rebelling against his appalling defensive tactics, ludicrous cliches and inability to organise the defence.

So, the same as what they’ve done for the past four managers then?

At some point, you’ve got to say it’s not the managers that are the problem.

Would you have chosen Dieng as captain after his non-effort since he signed?

I’d have ****ed Dieng off, out of a giant cannon to be perfectly honest with you.

But they’re right.

Doesn’t that count?

If they’d have earned more than 9 points this season, kept more than 2 clean sheets and not shipped 101 goals last year, then yeah, maybe they’d have a point.

Four different managers we’ve had in that time, and I can assure you they weren’t the cause of that.

It was players who couldn’t give a toss about this club.
Apart from Milligan and Kiernan I think that they have all been doing their best. Half of them are just not very good.

When the keeper is c**p and the majority of the other defenders are c**p it is rather difficult to win games when we play defensively.

A decent manager put in the same situation would have done far better than Campbell eg Fry, Thompson, Tilson to name just three.

Mate, respectfully, that’s just plain wrong. If this lot won’t respect men like Sol Campbell & Andy Cole, what chance do you think someone like Tilly has?

Look, this group of players have intentionally slacked off, and lost fitness over the course of the last 12 months. Instead of being in the gym, they’d rather slink off to the canteen.

Nobody will get anymore out of this lot. They don’t have it in them.

You reckon that big bell end humphries has been trying every week ?? Hahahaaaa

I think Hump has been dealt a bad hand since he’s been here tbh.

Not only the injury problem, but I don’t think he’s been made to feel very welcome here.

Once the bully boys are removed from this squad, we might just see this lad shine.

Ever wondered why he plays with his head down? Why he’s so reluctant to pass? Why he wants to do it all on his own? Why he’s desperate to prove certain people wrong?

Give him a chance. Remember, he’s only 21, he’s just a kid. He needs a mentor around him, working with him day-in, day-out to improve. Not people who will destroy his confidence & ostracise him. Sadly, I believe he currently has the latter, rather than the former.

Last edited:
Spot on mate.

Sol is not the right man for the job.

Definitely.

Sure, you could be right.

But why not give him a chance first, eh? So far, the biggest and best thing he’s done, is to redress the balance in the changing room, and end the player-power & self-policing bollocks that has been rife for the last couple of years.

How about giving him a chance to build a team. No scratch that, hows about giving him the opportunity to bring in just a handful of new players first, to see what he can do, before completely writing him off?

People said sack Brown, because he lost the dressing room.

People said sack Powell, because he didn’t have a dressing room.

People said sack Bond, because he was clueless.

Nobody wanted to give Waddock a chance.

And now Sol is in the firing line. How many more managers do you want to go through, before we can clear out this squad? I reckon this bunch could easily see off at least another two managers before they’re all sent packing themselves, in the summer.

Nothing will change, until they are gone, and new blood arrives.

Then, and only then, should Campbell be judged.

Now now.

No one in life is exempt from scrutiny , but If I was involved with running the trust I would find your remarks extremely offensive.
What exactly should a “properly run trust” be doing that ours isn’t doing? I would genuinely like to hear.

I can vouch from my time as a kid that the trust and the people who do "volunteer" do so for a love of the club , leave it out
Without those people some of the children who support SUFC would never have got the chance to interact with players and the club and as such they are helping keep the club alive by making sure the next generation stick with this club.

Ever wondered why he plays with his head down? Why he’s so reluctant to pass? Why he wants to do it all on his own? Why he’s desperate to prove certain people wrong?
The only part of the post i disagree with is this part, sadly this is exactly how he played when playing for Fulham and was apparently one of the few reasons they let him go, another was being lazy. They tried everything to get him to work more, and could have lived with part of the above but not all of it together

I am not sure why people are already on Sol's case and why we are particularly bothered about player's opinions. This is a team who in the last calendar year have won 4 league matches (under three different managers) and haven't won in the league for 3 1/2 months and counting. If some of the senior players are not keen, that is probably a good sign!

The only issue I have with Sol, is when he plays 5 at the back - we can't defend, so why play a defesive game - the position we are in I would rather us go for it, rather than hope we might nick one, whilst keeping the oposition out (because that works really well that tatic!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back