• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitz asked earlier what the solicitors had to do with Ron's explanation for late payments. My guess is that the money was provided by way of an inter company loan which had to be correctly documented.

The only issue I have with Sol, is when he plays 5 at the back - we can't defend, so why play a defesive game - the position we are in I would rather us go for it, rather than hope we might nick one, whilst keeping the oposition out (because that works really well that tatic!!)
Has he not moved away from that, since Oxford? From what I’ve seen we are moving the ball forward quicker and mucking about with it less at the back, we just aren’t putting chances away enough. We’re even winning penalties. We do need to be the dominant team and take the initiative at home, be interesting to see what tactics Sol goes with today.

No one in life is exempt from scrutiny , but If I was involved with running the trust I would find your remarks extremely offensive.
What exactly should a “properly run trust” be doing that ours isn’t doing? I would genuinely like to hear.

No intention of being offensive at all.

Please see posts 723 and 732.

The only part of the post i disagree with is this part, sadly this is exactly how he played when playing for Fulham and was apparently one of the few reasons they let him go, another was being lazy. They tried everything to get him to work more, and could
Lhave lived with part of the above but not all of it together

If that is the case, then time will tell.

For now, I’m willing to given him the benefit of the doubt, for the simple reason that there is clearly some talent there.

No intention of being offensive at all.

Please see posts 723 and 732.
i read your posts before posting, telling someone they are not 'properly run' is never going to get a positive response
if you mean that a 'trust' is not a 'trust ' unless they raise money to take over a club if it should go out of business then the trust has done that in the past. Most trusts only do that when it becomes clear that the club is about to go out of business. we are not in that position and are miles away from it IMO
looking at wiki our Trust meets the definition of a trust

as i said what exactly do they need to be doing to be a 'properly run trust'

Fitz asked earlier what the solicitors had to do with Ron's explanation for late payments. My guess is that the money was provided by way of an inter company loan which had to be correctly documented.
Sure it's not the first one; just photocopy one of the last couple of hundred!

There have been moments during the last week where I have been dragged down with the gloom and impending doom. We've arrived at Saturday, I'm assuming everyone has eventually been paid. I was pleased Ron spoke, whatever he said and whether or not you believe it. Let's look at the positives. It's a lovely morning down here with with a glorious January afternoon in prospect. We appear to have avoided armageddon (at least for the moment) and have a game this afternoon (some predicted might not take place) which I'm very much looking forward to seeing on ifollow. We'll probably lose again because I've said we will win on the prediction league. Yet, we're going to win one day................why not this afternoon? Forget the arguments about players or manager and even Ron. Get behind the side and make it happen! UTB.

Bear in mind the reported views of players and others on here may not even be true- actually I would go as far to say probably exaggerated or unsubstantiated more often than not.

By all means have the fun of the debate, but I would temper your excitement and harsher criticisms of players, managers and others with this in mind.

Bear in mind the reported views of players and others on here may not even be true- actually I would go as far to say probably exaggerated or unsubstantiated more often than not.

By all means have the fun of the debate, but I would temper your excitement and harsher criticisms of players, managers and others with this in mind.

Spot on. Plenty seem willing to judge player's personalities and professionalism based on assumptions which in turn are based on exaggeration or hearsay. It does nobody any good in the long run and ends up dividing people at a time when everyone needs to be pulling together the most.

Bear in mind the reported views of players and others on here may not even be true- actually I would go as far to say probably exaggerated or unsubstantiated more often than not

Fair enough.

Sol’s team selection doesn’t lie, or exaggerate though.

Spoke to some stewards today. They have not been paid. Honestly I'm totally disgusted by Ron.

If that is the case, then time will tell.

For now, I’m willing to given him the benefit of the doubt, for the simple reason that there is clearly some talent there.
That’s exactly what Fulham believed and persevered with him for a long time, and also why I guess they gave us him for free with a sell on clause % as if he fulfils it then he will be worth a bit of cash. Laziness can’t be trained out of someone that comes from within, however he has all the other tools to succeed. I’m wondering how much the rumoured bid from Doncaster is for him. Would we be tempted to sell.

That’s exactly what Fulham believed and persevered with him for a long time, and also why I guess they gave us him for free with a sell on clause % as if he fulfils it then he will be worth a bit of cash. Laziness can’t be trained out of someone that comes from within, however he has all the other tools to succeed. I’m wondering how much the rumoured bid from Doncaster is for him. Would we be tempted to sell.

Mate, I’m not sure what you want me to say?

Yeah, you could be spot on. He may well just be a lazy ****er, who will not ever progress in the game, despite having some talent.

Only time will tell, as I said.

Personally, I think he’ll go on to be fairly successful, probably away from us, and we’ll look back and wonder why it never happened with us.

Or I could be wrong. Time will tell. Let’s see if he’s even here next month.

Mate, I’m not sure what you want me to say?

Yeah, you could be spot on. He may well just be a lazy ****er, who will not ever progress in the game, despite having some talent.

Only time will tell, as I said.

Personally, I think he’ll go on to be fairly successful, probably away from us, and we’ll look back and wonder why it never happened with us.

Or I could be wrong. Time will tell. Let’s see if he’s even here next month.

Please Don’t think I am Disagreeing with you, I think he has all the tools to be a good player, when he wants to be (and we saw it today at times he is quick), has good touch, passing nd shooting (needs to get braver with his heading but that’s a knock on from his injury but he has to get passed that) with all of thos things you can see it’s there. I hope he does see what he has like you do and have a good career, Sol should be working on that with him.

today we saw the best and worst of him, he chased and caused problems, but at times too selfish, one stuck in my mind when he won a free kick on the edge of the box, he should have played mantom in who had a square pass to hopper in on the keeper.

but hopefully it will come.

Please Don’t think I am Disagreeing with you, I think he has all the tools to be a good player, when he wants to be (and we saw it today at times he is quick), has good touch, passing nd shooting (needs to get braver with his heading but that’s a knock on from his injury but he has to get passed that) with all of thos things you can see it’s there. I hope he does see what he has like you do and have a good career, Sol should be working on that with him.

today we saw the best and worst of him, he chased and caused problems, but at times too selfish, one stuck in my mind when he won a free kick on the edge of the box, he should have played mantom in who had a square pass to hopper in on the keeper.

but hopefully it will come.
See I don’t think he had a good game at all. I think he was on a different wavelength to Macca and Hopper especially and always a couple of yards behind play (concentration? fitness?) .. I know Sol likes him .. I like him, but he’s frustrating for me. He should’ve buried that chance in the first half which was an open goal pretty much. Just lash it in Humphrys!!

See I don’t think he had a good game at all. I think he was on a different wavelength to Macca and Hopper especially and always a couple of yards behind play (concentration? fitness?) .. I know Sol likes him .. I like him, but he’s frustrating for me. He should’ve buried that chance in the first half which was an open goal pretty much. Just lash it in Humphrys!!
I agree with the chance, I was more referring to him not being mobile, today first half chased back won’t a tackle and second chased some balls over the top which he usually doesn’t unless within 10 yards.

never said he had a good game ;)

But even that is one person's opinion of someone.
True. I’ve heard he was injured but even if he wasn’t .. he’d not have played I can pretty much guarantee. Sol has made up his mind about him it seems. Annoyingly, Cox at his prime would’ve been the difference today.

I agree with the chance, I was more referring to him not being mobile, today first half chased back won’t a tackle and second chased some balls over the top which he usually doesn’t unless within 10 yards.

never said he had a good game ;)

Go on then, I'll buy it. What has Humphrys' performance today got to do with Not being paid? especially when the post match thread of the game has just started life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back