• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

Any Shrimpers not travelling to the coldest football ground in the League why not get your fix from local non-league football.

Rather than being dragged out Christmas shopping, give your better halves loads of money and visit the local clubs and enjoy burgers with onions and Bovril at clubs like Great Wakering Rovers, Maldon and Tiptree, Bowers and Pitsea or Burnham Ramblers, to name a few.

I am sure all local clubs would be only too pleased with the added income and you might spot a future SUFC player.

Santa hats optional.

Good idea mcnasty. With one minor tweak to your plan I can see it working. You could give my better half loads of money instead. That would work for me, I'll even wear a Santa hat.

Keep meaning to pop down to Billericay Town, my home town team as a lad, followed them everywhere in their Vase winning days in the 70's (showing my age). Got a new 'rich' owner, local-ish guy too which makes it slightly more acceptable. He's determined to at least get them to Conference / NL Prem level. Trying to do a Braintree I guess. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Any Shrimpers not travelling to the coldest football ground in the League why not get your fix from local non-league football.

Rather than being dragged out Christmas shopping, give your better halves loads of money and visit the local clubs and enjoy burgers with onions and Bovril at clubs like Great Wakering Rovers, Maldon and Tiptree, Bowers and Pitsea or Burnham Ramblers, to name a few.

I am sure all local clubs would be only too pleased with the added income and you might spot a future SUFC player.

Santa hats optional.

Nice idea, but Maldon and Bowers are away. Wakering and Burnham are at home. Burnham's last home match attracted just 21 so the service at the burger bar should be pretty quick !

If you prefer a slightly higher standard of football East Thurrock United are good value at the moment with a few ex-Blues to boot. They host Truro. Billericay and Canvey Island are also at home.

Nice local game just before Christmas for Truro, there! :'(

Keep meaning to pop down to Billericay Town, my home town team as a lad, followed them everywhere in their Vase winning days in the 70's (showing my age). Got a new 'rich' owner, local-ish guy too which makes it slightly more acceptable. He's determined to at least get them to Conference / NL Prem level. Trying to do a Braintree I guess. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

He's come in, signed dozens of players, loads of changes every week and they haven't won a league game since November 5th.

Don't go to Tilbury - it's a dump. Thurrock's stadium (at the Purfleet Hotel) is tidy - and the burger bar sells fairy cakes!

East Thurrock is as far from my place as the Fish House from Roots Hall so that's a possibility for me.

That's the "south" division for you.

I wonder if it might be a better idea to go back to Saxon times ........ you know - a separate division for Mercia, Wessex etcetera .................. I just hope the Danes don't catch on to it ............

He's come in, signed dozens of players, loads of changes every week and they haven't won a league game since November 5th.

Wasn't he the guy who was trying to but Dagenham a while ago? Apparently costing him £10K a week :stunned:

A friend of mine who watches plenty of non league went a while ago. He said Billericay were rubbish all round.

Saw them at Lowestoft 6 weeks ago - very decent, good away point and should have won it. Since then the only team they've beaten in the league is bottom team Grays. Too many changes at the same time. Maybe when the new players bed in things will improve.

Santa hats optional.
Yes I enjoyed the chips and stuff @ wakering pre season, it's seems a nice club.

Saw them at Lowestoft 6 weeks ago - very decent, good away point and should have won it. Since then the only team they've beaten in the league is bottom team Grays. Too many changes at the same time. Maybe when the new players bed in things will improve.

:off topic:Sounds a bit like Espanyol.:winking:

Ps Espanyols's new players have now finally bedded in, as evidenced by their excellent 2-1 win against Sporting (Gijon) yesterday.Now for Barça in the Catalan derby next weekend.

I went to all the finals and the replay , saw a few games when they didn't clash with Southend .

I grew up in South Green.....

This weekend I'm in Tel Aviv for a game in the Israeli Premier League. Will be getting texts live from Boundary Park though....

Back